Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#576 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 10:10 PM
How about both keep their name, and if the first child is a boy they'll be Goth, if it's a girl they'll be Capp? Or the other way round? I'm not sure which one makes more sense... xD
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#577 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you want to see how the genes work before pairing them off, put clones in CAS and roll the pacifier with them several times, see how you feel about the results.

Goth-Capp. Or possibly Gapp. Or maybe Coth?

I really like Goth-Capp. Thanks for the suggestion!
Top Secret Researcher
#578 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you want to see how the genes work before pairing them off, put clones in CAS and roll the pacifier with them several times, see how you feel about the results.

Goth-Capp. Or possibly Gapp. Or maybe Coth?

I would go with Goth and have them live in the Goth House.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Theorist
#579 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 5:37 PM
So, my Lotharios (Grandpa Camelo, Nicolo, Adriana and little Don) are about to move into a bigger house at the end of the rotation (their current place in downtown is way to small). So now I've been thinking whether the four should get a place together or whether Camelo should move into a smaller place and the couple and their kid move into a different house.
Problem is the olny reason for that consideration is that two-bedroom houses are cheaper and need less furnishing, no in-game reason.

So...should they stick together, might that even be better in the long run? Nicolo and Adriana are both career-oriented Fortune Sims, so having Camelo (a family sim) around helps, since he can retire and watch Don. But wouldn't career oriented Frotune sims be more interested in getting a nice house rather than one that can house all four of them? And would they like having a pensioner around?

On the other hand, Camelo and Nicolo get along very well (Camelo had to rise him by himself, after the mother died in child birth) The only problem really is that Camelo is a bit of a dirty old man, and I'm not sure Adriana would want her son to spend much time with someone like that...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#580 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 6:14 PM
Being raised by his dirty old grandpa because his parents were busy gaining money would explain a lot about Don, though :p
Lab Assistant
#581 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:23 AM
So my sim Laura Newman is in love two sims,Gretchen Walton and Sandy Fairchild. She's engaged to Gretchen and wants to marry her but also wants to get engaged to Sandy. I'm not sure what to do.
Mad Poster
#582 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:51 PM
I'm afraid my advice in a case like that is always the same: invite the rivals over and take your hands off the keyboard, observe behavior.

There are mods that make polyamoury a viable lifestyle choice, by the way. Though the code won't allow one sim to be actually married to two people.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#583 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 3:20 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 25th Mar 2018 at 3:31 PM. Reason: to add a link
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow214
So my sim Laura Newman is in love two sims,Gretchen Walton and Sandy Fairchild. She's engaged to Gretchen and wants to marry her but also wants to get engaged to Sandy. I'm not sure what to do.

To me, Laura clearly wants to live a double life, . If it were my game, I'd use the hacked wedding arch to have her marry both sims and get Laura a job that requires traveling a lot, so she could bounce back and forth to each household and play out the lie. Then, some time later, have it all blow up in her face. But then, I'm always looking for unique ways to play the game.

Otherwise, I'd either pick the sim she has the most chemistry with/attraction for or randomly pick a spouse; the want for the other sim would be Laura being extremely unsure about her love life. I'd have Laura go through with a marriage but might let her have an affair or let her pick lots of fights with her spouse because Laura is having regrets after marriage and is wondering whether she picked the right sim. And then maybe Laura could have a midlife crisis and leave her spouse for the other sim.

ETA: The hacked arch isn't 100% perfect, but sims do have the rings, etc. in the relationship panel when you marry with it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#584 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow214

Depends on whether you want to go for some kind of Polyamory and have her be Married to both or if no Polyamory then I'd pick the sim she has the most chemistry with/attraction for.

Polyamory is quite possible if you use LizzLove's No Jealousy Mod and The Sim Blender by twojeffs

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Test Subject
#585 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:23 PM
In my new neighborhood, I was playing with the "mayor" (in my storyline, he is responsible for populating the town and taking care of taxes) for the first time, and one of the married female Sims came with the welcome wagon. His name is Bob and hers is Maribella. They hit it off completely without my help, becoming friends almost instantly - and she has 0 shy personality points. He is a knowledge Sim and she is a Family Sim, they share 2 chemistry bolts, and she wants to marry off 6 children. Because of ACR, he tried to kiss her, but she denied it. It didn't shake their friendship, though. Later in the week, he met the Nature hobby club leader (or whatever it's called, idk sorry hope you understand), and since they had 2 bolts, I made them kiss and fall for each other. It was kinda forced, I admit, since sometimes she rejected some advances from him, and didn't want to move with him. Since his secondary is Family and there aren't a lot of options in town for spouses, I was planning her to be his wife anyway. In the next day, though, Maribella came uninvited, they greeted each other, and went straight to the couch (ACR) for some Woohoo. I let it happen because I thought she would deny his interactions again, but it didn't happen and they fell in love. He had no Wants with her or with the Nature club Sim until the end of the rotation, but he had a Fear of having his proposal to Maribella rejected.
Then it was time to play with Maribella and her husband. They both wanted a baby and his Wants were all about her - even though it was Summer and he is a knowledge Sim - for about 3 days straight until the twins were born. At the beginning of the week, she had a Fear of stop loving her husband. At the end of the week, she was pregnant again. During the rotation, she didn't have any Wants about Bob nor her husband. She was more concerned about her garden since her Wants were all about getting good produce and joining the club. Because of the twins and the lack of money, she didn't have the time to see Bob. Her husband works as a taxi driver (NPC career mega pack). She has also 2 bolts with him.
Finally, my question is: what do I do? The way they hit off completely and the fact that Bob has more money and stability to take care of her family makes me think if she should get a divorce...
Top Secret Researcher
#586 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Woxxey
In my new neighborhood, I was playing with the "mayor" (in my storyline, he is responsible for populating the town and taking care of taxes) for the first time, and one of the married female Sims came with the welcome wagon. His name is Bob and hers is Maribella. They hit it off completely without my help, becoming friends almost instantly - and she has 0 shy personality points. He is a knowledge Sim and she is a Family Sim, they share 2 chemistry bolts, and she wants to marry off 6 children. Because of ACR, he tried to kiss her, but she denied it. It didn't shake their friendship, though. Later in the week, he met the Nature hobby club leader (or whatever it's called, idk sorry hope you understand), and since they had 2 bolts, I made them kiss and fall for each other. It was kinda forced, I admit, since sometimes she rejected some advances from him, and didn't want to move with him. Since his secondary is Family and there aren't a lot of options in town for spouses, I was planning her to be his wife anyway. In the next day, though, Maribella came uninvited, they greeted each other, and went straight to the couch (ACR) for some Woohoo. I let it happen because I thought she would deny his interactions again, but it didn't happen and they fell in love. He had no Wants with her or with the Nature club Sim until the end of the rotation, but he had a Fear of having his proposal to Maribella rejected.
Then it was time to play with Maribella and her husband. They both wanted a baby and his Wants were all about her - even though it was Summer and he is a knowledge Sim - for about 3 days straight until the twins were born. At the beginning of the week, she had a Fear of stop loving her husband. At the end of the week, she was pregnant again. During the rotation, she didn't have any Wants about Bob nor her husband. She was more concerned about her garden since her Wants were all about getting good produce and joining the club. Because of the twins and the lack of money, she didn't have the time to see Bob. Her husband works as a taxi driver (NPC career mega pack). She has also 2 bolts with him.
Finally, my question is: what do I do? The way they hit off completely and the fact that Bob has more money and stability to take care of her family makes me think if she should get a divorce...

Try to decide what sort of Sim Bob is and if he would want to marry her.

Consider what sort of Sims they are, that should help you decide.

Mad Poster
#587 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:43 PM
Sounds like it's time to throw a party. Somebody who knows Bob, Maribela, Hobby Leader, and Mr. Maribela get them all on the same lot and see what they do.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#588 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:50 PM
Thank you guys! One of my Sims just opened a new clothing store, I'll make her throw a party to celebrate and see what happens.
Lab Assistant
#589 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 4:02 PM Last edited by Shadow214 : 28th Mar 2018 at 8:28 PM.
Thanks for suggestions. I decided to go with using the hacked wedding arch to have her marry both of them.It seemed to to fit her character the best.They are hiding this from the rest of the neighborhood. Should be interesting to play.
Test Subject
#590 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:39 AM
I don't know if this is the place to post what happened after we ask for suggestions, sorry if this isn't allowed.
Well, at the party, nothing really happened. Maribela and Bob didn't want to cause drama, so they stuck with their official partners. When I was playing with Bob, he rolled a Want to get engaged to the hobby leader Raimunda, and right afterward he wanted to marry her. It was a simple wedding, but it was very fun - both for me and for the guests since it was a roof raising one.

I imagine this fits their personalities best anyway since he wouldn't want to cause problems in the neighborhood - he is in charge of taking care of stuff there - and she wouldn't want to ruin her family, she also fears of stop loving her husband anyway.

Scholar
#591 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 8:07 PM
in pleasantview dina and nina caliente were pregnant at the same time;nina had quadruplets while dina had one daughter and they are really too poor to buy cribs for all the kids so do i:
1.leave two of the children at home and send the others to the orphanage
2.give away all of the children
3.keep all the children and cheat to afford equipment for the kids
4.keep the children and wait until they earn enough

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#592 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 8:14 PM
5) Search for cheap makeshift CC that they can afford. There's a co-sleeper mod that will let a baby sleep on a bed; there's cardboard boxes done up for changing tables, cribs, and toy boxes; there's cheap-as-heck toddler toys.

There's also such a thing as child support. Make the fathers take responsibility! Garnish their wages!

Scholar
#593 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 8:18 PM
(I didn't know quadruplets were possible.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#594 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 8:19 PM
@gwynne - http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=18.0
Don't press the 'random' button unless you're prepared to deal with the consequences, though. Turns out the Ottomas twins are actually Ottomas quads. (I could've reloaded, but--I like challenges.)

Anyways, @Emerald1234, I agree with Peni. There's also some nice one-tile cribs, and if they need help wrangling the babies, look up Squinge's mod to ask to watch kids on residential lots.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#595 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:20 PM
@Emerald1234, I'd just put up as many cribs as I could afford and then let the remaining babies sleep on the floor. Maybe I'd go for one of the orphanage options for a "finding lost family" plot later on.

Out-of-context, I'd sound like a horrifically abusive parent.
Scholar
#596 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:40 PM
well i placed 5 one tile cribs and one changing table;the quads are toddlers and i've had to use maxmotives a lot.

don't you dare judge dina she's been through enough she deserves a drink.
Screenshots

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#597 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 5:52 AM
I need an Acronym for A.L.I.E.N. that describes Kettle Fall's alien appreciation society.

My husband and I came up with

The Association for the Liberation of Intelligent Extra-terresterial Nations

However, this is a mouthful and I was hoping for something, I don't know, sillier.

Anyone got any ideas?

If you come up with something, I will credit you on air during the next Livesimming.

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#598 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 9:35 AM
Alien Liberty of Insane Enthused Nerds

... lol I don't know!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#599 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 10:10 AM
Alien Love Interplanar-Earth Network?

Acronyms are hard... particularly if English isn't your first language.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#600 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 10:02 PM
Alienation Limitation In Extraterrestriel Nonpartisanship.
Allied League of Impartial Extraterrestrial Neighbours.

I can think of about a million others too, but they are just as long-winded as those two!
Page 24 of 48