Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#726 Old 19th May 2014 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BubblesO
CASt.
A lot of sims in a town.
A lot of sims in one spot.
Children that don't look creepy.

Careful what you wish for. We don't want a repeat of TS3 Sims all spawning on the same tile and literally all standing on the same spot.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#727 Old 19th May 2014 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Careful what you wish for. We don't want a repeat of TS3 Sims all spawning on the same tile and literally all standing on the same spot.

Well... what I meant was that I want a lot of sims in one community lot.
Theorist
#728 Old 22nd May 2014 at 9:04 AM
I want relationships that are uneven. And I don't mean friendship Vs romance which is what they're giving us. I want one Sim to be able to like another more than the other likes them. Say, for example, a sim has the mean spirited trait, and scares another sim, well, THAT sim would love it, but the other sim wouldn't, so why should /both/ people's relationships go down, the sim who did the scaring wouldn't like the person he scared any less after the interaction. x.x
Field Researcher
#729 Old 22nd May 2014 at 9:46 AM
I would want a cooking option that is not mandatory where the player can select what ingredients to use for the Sim's current meal.
I didn't play that option that much in the Sims 3 but in the Sims 2 CONSOLE version where we were able to make different foods using meat, oils, vegetables...etc

Why optional? Well most of us prefer if things were already 'pre-made'.
Field Researcher
#730 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44

You don't. I find that's when meteorites are most efficient.
Scholar
#731 Old 22nd May 2014 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BubblesO
Well... what I meant was that I want a lot of sims in one community lot.

Bingo. Despite putting my custom world full of families AND Story Progression (which I generally have off), I still can barely find a hot spot in the world that ISN'T empty.

C-A
Scholar
#732 Old 23rd May 2014 at 3:53 AM
I'm going to format this post as a wants and fears list, because it's one of my wants.

Wants:
Hybrid of TS2 and TS3 wants/fears system
Some of the wants and fears are random / determined by aspiration/lifetime wish/traits, and some are chosen by the player. Don't want to have a Sim stew in low aspiration because of rolling only pie-in-the-sky wants. Let Sims accomplish multiple lifetime wants like in TS2, but let you choose the first one like in TS3.

Difficulty setting in CAS: start off richer and pre-skilled, or poorer and a blank slate
This would help a lot in starting families in a new town, or populating what should be a middle or upper class neighborhood. Not all of us are fans of the "legacy" play style.

Less annoying toddlers
The default time as a toddler should be shorter and the toddler skills should be less grindy to level.

Better hiring process
Maybe your desired career has no open positions, despite you driving all the way to the rabbit hole. You could also apply for a higher level position, but you will get turned down if you don't have the skills or connections (depending on the career track) to back it up.

The separation of bed frame and mattress, and other more detailed furniture options
While the TS3 brass bed doesn't look so ugly, its mattress is a Sim torture device. Maybe it would be better to invest in the nicest mattress and then set it on that simple brass frame rather than getting the ornate antique bed frame and sticking the cheapo spring mattress on it.

Jobs that make an impact on the town
The mayor could have a say in how the town runs, the crook could choose a house to rob, the police officer could find out where said crook is planning on striking next, etc. I would be happy with partial rabbit hole jobs, though.

Fears:
Needier Sims
If they're spending the majority of their non-work/school time just eating, bathing, watching a little TV, and going to bed all because their respective motives are crashing, they probably aren't having very fulfilling, let alone fun to watch and play, lives. More like TS3 than TS1, please.

Whinier Sims
Stewing over wanting to leave the house despite it having everything you would ever want? Crying over drifting apart from an arbitrary co-worker from two jobs ago? Bah! Suck it up!

Disease system
With how short and compressed a Sim's life is (by default), diseases are too powerful. A sick day for a Sim is equivalent to a sick half-a-year to a year for a human. I blast away the "Germy" moodlet when I play TS3 for good reason. Maybe on TS3 Epic equivalent speed, getting sick for a day or two wouldn't put your Sim out of commission for too long, and add some reasonable challenge.

Forced interactions
Looking at you, curfew and scolding. I don't always play Stepford families. Also looking at you, "pass out" and "pee self" unless you're completely drunk.
Spice Pony
#733 Old 23rd May 2014 at 4:41 AM
(Was lazy and didn't read the entire thread; apologies if I'm posting more of the same.)

Let's see. Frankly, the biggest thing that occurs to me is that we need a game that actually functions. I switched from TS2 to TS3 because there were some minor glitches that were bugging me, only to find that TS3 is literally the buggiest game I've ever played. And that list includes a game that was blatantly unfinished and a game that was so buggy regular stores didn't carry it. Seriously, TS3 takes about an hour to load, crashes at random, has tons of bugs, tons of crippling save errors… and that's even without any CC, though I've noticed that the people at EA are fond of using CC as a scapegoat so they don't have to fix things. So proper playtesting to iron out the bugs is a must for TS4. I would actually be satisfied with TS3 if only it functioned.

I know a lot of people were bothered by the non-vacationy-ness of WA, but it was actually my favourite Sims expansion pack ever. I totally would have taken a second one, even. So some kind of tomb system at some point is a must, at the bare minimum, or I may not bother buying it.

I want the collection system back. It appeals to my sense of obsessive-compulsiveness, and is one of my favourite bits of TS3.

I want ghosts back as a playable lifestate.

Lifestates in CAS would be excellent, but I somehow doubt it's happening.

Oh, and another thing, on a more technical note… as someone who makes a lot of LGBT households, I'd love it if TS4 didn't have whatever coding it is in TS3 that prevents even the most skilled modders from creating a proper polyamoury mod.
Instructor
#734 Old 23rd May 2014 at 7:55 AM Last edited by tontrin : 23rd May 2014 at 6:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
I'm going to format this post as a wants and fears list, because it's one of my wants.
Difficulty setting in CAS: start off richer and pre-skilled, or poorer and a blank slate
This would help a lot in starting families in a new town, or populating what should be a middle or upper class neighborhood. Not all of us are fans of the "legacy" play style.

While I agree with most of what you posted, i think that poorer Sims still should have a good amount of skills. They might be different ones than a wealthier family would have. Like my family grew up somewhat poor, however, because of that, we had to learn to sew, cook, garden, clean, do many things that we needed because we didn't have a lot of money. Also due to the fact we didn't have much money to go out and do things, each of us girls learned a musical instrument because that's something we could do at home. Sometimes being poor means you actually have to learn more skills to survive. We also raised our own animals and had our own cows for milk/butter. My sisters and I used to take turns shaking the butter jar to make the butter out of the cream. Poorer people actually wind up learning skills others likely wouldn't think of.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#735 Old 23rd May 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tontrin
While I agree with most of what you posted, i think that poorer Sims still should have a good amount of skills. They might be different ones that a wealthier family would have.

I was mostly thinking of representing educational level with the pre-skilling of adult Sims - rich Sims probably went to elite colleges and gained skills there. A rich Sim might start with two Charisma from hobnobbing with the upper crust in his backstory. But maybe the working class Sim had to learn to cook on a budget while the rich Sim always ate out at nice restaurants, and the Cooking skill of the working class Sim starts at two.

With a University expansion, a pre-created rich Sim could choose to start off with a degree.
Instructor
#736 Old 23rd May 2014 at 6:25 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking after reading your post, Dr Chillgood. I could see the wealthier sims having charisma skills more than the poorer class. I could see them having more of the "soft" skills.

Another skill I'm thinking about that the working class would have more of would be handiness. My dad could fix anything and he did. We didn't have to hire contractors because he knew plumbing, wiring, mechanics, etc. He actually built the home where he died. If one of our automobiles broke down, he usually fixed it. This saved a lot of money.

I would love to see sewing back in the game. Some of the Free Time stuff in TS2, I didn't get a lot of time to work on, but it was really enjoyable. Giving more of these kinds of things for the Sims to do makes the game more enriched as far as I can see.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#737 Old 25th May 2014 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tontrin
That's exactly what I was thinking after reading your post, Dr Chillgood. I could see the wealthier sims having charisma skills more than the poorer class. I could see them having more of the "soft" skills.

I think it would be hard to start categorizing skills on individual levels. This would require that the sims have a social hirarchy. Poor, middle and rich class. And then to split them to blue collar and white collar jobs and everything in between.

I'd be happy with the possibility of giving sims random skills when entering CAS.
I also hope they keep the random age from TS3 so not every CAS sim starts their age at 0 but some had a few days in the meter when you take them out of CAS. But the skill thing is quite important. Either give us a few skill points we can assign to the sim or something random.

I also hope that we get the possibility to edit the game speed. I always found the default speed in TS1/TS2/TS3 to be too fast. The reason I love the relativity mod is that it lets you set the speed according to your own preference. Most of the time I play in 30% slower speed than EA's. But if the family I play is really dull, I can set it on the fly to the normal speed.

Setting the game speed should be in the control panel just like you set the length of a season.
Also really hope they keep the possibility to change a sims age length from the settings.
Scholar
#738 Old 25th May 2014 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I think it would be hard to start categorizing skills on individual levels. This would require that the sims have a social hirarchy. Poor, middle and rich class. And then to split them to blue collar and white collar jobs and everything in between.

I'd be happy with the possibility of giving sims random skills when entering CAS.
I also hope they keep the random age from TS3 so not every CAS sim starts their age at 0 but some had a few days in the meter when you take them out of CAS. But the skill thing is quite important. Either give us a few skill points we can assign to the sim or something random.

I also hope that we get the possibility to edit the game speed. I always found the default speed in TS1/TS2/TS3 to be too fast.

To make it simpler, skills should match original LTW. Or, it would be an "advanced start", giving your newly made Sim enough skill to start his/her dream career track at a higher level, like how Civilization offers you the ability to skip the ancient era and go straight to modern day technology.

As for age staggering, maybe have a little more nuance in CAS family relationships, like "older brother" or "wife was a little younger than the husband". Don't want to have the kid you intended to be the younger sibling turn out to be the older one, etc.

As for speed - I would unify it with SimCity - where traditional Sims series speed would be "Llama". "Cheetah" is the regular fast-forward, and "African Swallow" is the turbo fast-forward. "Turtle" would be the slower speed so that we could de-compress the day some.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Field Researcher
#739 Old 25th May 2014 at 9:13 AM
Haven't heard anything related to Collecting. Hope it's still in the game as it was at least, if not improved.

Would be nice if gems and metals had a practical use. Since there won't be any more CASt (:'C) maybe they could be used to customize stuff? Like using gold ingots to gold-plate bits of furniture, or using gems to make jewelry, bugs to scare the living hell out of your ex and so on...
Field Researcher
#740 Old 25th May 2014 at 2:05 PM
I'm not too sure if this is a simple thing. But IF Sims 4 goes back with the no-open world where a player can play houses on rotation like Sims 2 (hopefully not), we can have an interface that states how far the player has played that family compared to the most played family.

For example I've played The Goths for 2 Sim weeks (my most played family at the moment). Then, when I start playing The Roomies for 2 Sim Weeks a pop-up says "The Roomies have caught up with 'The Goths'"

Of course this could be optional to the player to have this interface or not. But a timeline thing would be a neat mini-feature to have to make sure we are catching up with them so Cornelia Goth doesn't end up with Daniel Pleasant or something like that.
Field Researcher
#741 Old 25th May 2014 at 2:52 PM Last edited by TanookiMark : 25th May 2014 at 5:09 PM.
Still waiting for an online mode after 14 years .
Oh just going to add: OPTIONAL. Since I know I am already going to get a shit load over me for making that statement lol.
Alchemist
#742 Old 26th May 2014 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TanookiMark
Still waiting for an online mode after 14 years .
Oh just going to add: OPTIONAL. Since I know I am already going to get a shit load over me for making that statement lol.

Oh, the shit load will be OPTIONAL too. You can enable it when you're ready to face the shit headed your way.
Field Researcher
#743 Old 26th May 2014 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Oh, the shit load will be OPTIONAL too. You can enable it when you're ready to face the shit headed your way.

Omfg I would love that :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#744 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 7:13 PM
A lot of people whined about the TS3 Generations Expansion Pack, but I would love to see one for the Sims 4. There's little difference between any two age groups in TS4, not to mention we're stuck with three main stages (baby, child, teen/ya/adult/elder). It's just not exciting. It doesn't feel like my sims are growing older, thus the game feels unrewarding.
One Minute Ninja'd
#745 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 7:52 PM
Well, given that the first 30 pages and 743 posts before you were all about features that might be released as discussed BEFORE the game was available (hint: the post 3 above talks about IF TS4 goes back to a closed world, these days, that kinda known) perhaps discussing this in one of the other threads, such as Cool Things to Add to Sims 4 might be a better spot for your discussion.

You are, however correct that more content to flesh out the life stages, and maybe even add one back, would be a good thing for the game. Whether through an EP, or more hopefully, free patches as it would have been nice to have that stuff to start with and not have to pay more to get it. But that's just my personal opinion.
Lab Assistant
#746 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 9:22 PM
I need Supernatural, and then I need Twallan to come back and make a hybrid version of it But really I loved vampires (minus the glitter that was awkward).

I'd say more vacation worlds with different themes as well. I like Granite Falls but camping for a week wasn't all that fun when there was nothing to do.

Cars would be nice as well, and if there's cars then there could be a theme park (as a vacation world). I know that's going a little far, but wouldn't it be cool to be able to do something like a final destination challenge and kill your sims on a rollercoaster ride?

I'd like the sicknesses to become diseases and be able to kill Sims as well. I'm not really much a kill sim person, but I hate that my sims can just get dizzy, but nothing happens to them. They don't pass out, nothing. There's no real reason for me to go and purchase medicine for them atm.

Pool parties, more places to woohoo. That's definitely needed. Though we probably won't be able to get that until they make a Seasons package. With that though, I liked being able to swim in the ocean and ride a boat around.

I'd like to also have different venues titles and needs, where workers actually show up. I built a restaurant in one of my youtube playlists, and I can't utilize it the way I want because I don't have coworkers to cook and bring dishes out to people. This could also stretch out as a retail business. As well as a movie theater venue/business.

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure other things will pop up in my mind eventually.
Mad Poster
#747 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 12:56 AM
This was really an old thread and it should probably have died. For wishes now, there's a more current thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...stpost&t=556557

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#748 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 10:10 AM
I want new lifestates -- hopefully Vampires in the nightlife/late night expansion are coming.
Page 30 of 30