Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:18 AM
Default Mod that allows teenagers to be created in a household without adults
I'm not entirely sure whether such a mod exists, but considering that teenagers are able to live on their own, I would be surprised if such a mod didn't exist. I'm currently planning to recreate my current saved game from the ground up, but I want to be able to create households of teenage Sims and then link them to the relationship trees of already existing Sims. This ensures that the Sims look exactly how I want them to. Yes I am aware that SimPE and the Show Business career reward can be used to change a Sim's facial structure, including the genetic facial structure in the case of the former, but it'll be a rather irritable job and I'd rather not do that if I can help it.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:58 AM
I don't believe it's possible to create a sim in CAS as a teen. There must be an adult or elder in any CAS created family. However, there is a workaround in that you make the sim as an adult, but then use one of the various mods (Simmanipulator, Sim Blender, or Insim) and make them a teen. I do believe that's the only available option open
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 8:58 AM
No, it isn't possible to make only a teenage family in CAS. You must have an adult with them. Once on the lot remove the family flags and either age the adult down or make them a townie. Easy enough with the cat teleporter or other mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:39 AM
Yeah, creating them as adults was going to be my first suggestion, but I really wanted to avoid doing that if I could.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:28 PM
Maybe if some modders that are creative enough, They can create a mod to find a way to override the parent requirement for teens so teens can finally move in to a lot without parents instead of us doing the complicated workarounds with our other mods. If there's a will, there's a way.
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:06 AM
from my understanding, just the appearance/objects of Create-A-Sim can be modded/hacked.
all other things of Create-A-Sim I take to be part of game engine.

some ways to remove Adults/older from household::
-change them into Townies/NPCs; various hacks.
-kill them; the testingcheatsenabled cheat, various hacks.
-flag them as ghosts; at least insimenator (hack), SimPE (program).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 2:20 AM
I doubt the adult requirement can be changed, some things are 'hard-wired' and would need the games source code-which EA have and we, unfortunately, do not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#8 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 2:34 AM
I use Leefish kids unattended, but it doesn't change CAS.
I've always wondered about this - why/how are the Newson kids on their own if we can't, supposedly, have teens running a household?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 2:37 AM
They were probably aged down.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They were probably aged down.

Their parents "died" So they probably made the family moved them in deleted the parents and the info on them (if the parents aren't at all in the game, it's been a while since I've played that household)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:31 PM
I've sometimes made 8 sims in a go and summoned + moved them to various houses and maybe fixed the family ties if need be. You could do something similar, making a family with one adult and a bunch of teens, put them on a lot, move the teens out in groups, and either age down, kill, or give a prison token to the adult so they don't show up.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:46 PM
This computer will allow teens to move out on their own:

TeenStar PC -> New Name: PC Omega 3000 - Updated for FREETIME

That being said, there's no other way I know of besides making a family in CAS with a teen and then eliminating the parents as placeholders in game.

But it is recommended that you have BO's 'nonanny' hack to make sure that the old biddy doesn't take it into her head to collect the errant teen under these circumstances:BO - Kids & Pets Unattended

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:09 AM
I didn't think the social worker came for teens?
Theorist
#14 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 10:31 PM
In case anyone is interested, I use the AL-updated version of teenmoveout/moveoutteens, which can be found at http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...18434#msg718434. With this, my teens have been able to move out on their own to the family bin, and easily move into their own home and even rent their own apartment...without me having to fiddle with anything (that marks them as adults), or age them up and then back down again.

As for CAS, yes, it would be nice to create teens and not have to create an adult with them, but at least we have a way of being able to let them leave a home lot whenever they want without much fuss.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 11:59 PM
As well, if you want a teen to get a full-time job, @Lamare was nice enough to add it as an option to the [url=http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=606054]Job Options[/i] mod.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:04 AM
The social worker is not bothered by teens even in the vanilla game, so need of a mod for them.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#17 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:42 AM
I have used InSim Independent Teen lifestage for years, so I still do. Works fine for giving them all the adult rights without changing their appearance.

If I were doing this, I'd bite the bullet and make one adult for every 7 teens I wanted, then make that adult a townie, or, if I didn't want to see the adult ever again, I'd make him a downtownie in a game that has no attached downtown, my new preferred method of disappearing sims. If you don't have TownieNoMemoryLoss or something like that, I think the townie relationships may be broken automatically (someone clarify that? I don't play that way, so not sure). But aging down just that one adult would also be fine.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:38 AM
I have a teen only household in Little Carping. I thought I made them in CAS but I must have done something else - though I can't remember what now. Dammit.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc