Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wargarurumon
what meals can u make extra if i put veggies in the fridge?
i only get extra meals if i put fish in it

Putting veggies in the fridge doesn't give you any extra meal options, it just makes whatever meals you make more satisfying... fills the hunger bar faster.

A tip, if you don't already know it, is that your sims with high cooking skills can make a holiday roast by placing a cornucopia on a countertop during the fall and winter seasons (I think it's available with Holiday Stuff). You can also have those great-at-cookin' sims grill ribs out on the barB. :D

I like candy.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 11:06 AM
Sorry to bump this thread after it's been inactive for ages, but I thought I should mention some things about the wishing well which are inaccurate.

The wishing well can be used more than five times, and with no decrease in quality of its wishes. I can prove this as one more than one occasion, I have kept the wishing well for many generations, often using it almost every day.

Sometimes, when wishing for money, the bag simply does not appear. My only theory as to why this happens is over-using the well. (By over-use, I mean using the well more than once within 24 hours. To be safe, I try to only use it every 48 hours.) Over-use also seems to be the cause of back-firing wishes, such as the bag of money hitting the sim's head, or Mrs. Crumplebottom's arrival.

I suppose it must be the Prima guide's fault, since game guides occasionally have wrong info.

He's got an unhealthy interest in PlantSimism. You've been warned.

You know you've been playing TS2 since 2004 when you know some of the townies better than some people in real life...
Test Subject
#128 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:51 AM
How do your sims plant fruits and vegggies? (like strawberries) Like without buying pre-planted stuff from the catalouge?
Mad Poster
#129 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 6:51 PM
first u need to buy(build) plots for growing the strawberries under the gardening catalog in the garden section, u also need to to hav enough gardening skills
Mad Poster
#130 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 6:13 PM
for the first time my orchard trees are "thriving" YAY!!!!
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 7:10 PM
Is there a guide to the best seasons for planting produce?
Mad Poster
#132 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 7:31 PM
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:46 PM
Is there any mod that changes the gardener so he comes every day instead of every 2nd day?
Mad Poster
#134 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 3:34 PM
Yes, Pescado's DailyGardener hack at MATY.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html
Test Subject
#135 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 1:39 PM Last edited by HeyWaitUp : 20th Feb 2012 at 9:28 PM.
Here's a list of the effects of juices.
http://compsimgames.about.com/od/th...ice_recipes.htm
Test Subject
#136 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 2:48 PM
How can you put your fruits in the fridge? I can't seem to find out.
Mad Poster
#137 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 2:50 PM
Click fridge. Select "Stock." You'll get a pop-up with two panels connected by an arrow, one side containing everything stockable in your inventory, the other side empty. Click a fruit icon to highlight it, click the arrow, and the fruit will move. Repeat till you've transferred everything you want to.

That's also how you stock the juicer, but the juicer allows you to take things back out. The refrigerator doesn't.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
#138 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 12:14 AM
How do I know which veggies/fruits to put where?
When I click stock I see that it allows me to put any fruit in both the fridge and juicer.
But some things don't let me make stuff with them if I put them in the fridge.
Like I put apples in the fridge and no option to make anything apple-related happened. Ugh.
Top Secret Researcher
#139 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
How do I know which veggies/fruits to put where?
When I click stock I see that it allows me to put any fruit in both the fridge and juicer.
But some things don't let me make stuff with them if I put them in the fridge.
Like I put apples in the fridge and no option to make anything apple-related happened. Ugh.

If you stock the juicer with apples, you can make apple juice. With oranges, orange juice, etc.

Stocking the fridge with fish means that you can cook those specific fish from it, whereas the vegetables and fruits are apparent mostly as fresh food points. Your food will sparkle and your sims get fat.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:22 AM
Yup, produce stocked in the fridge simply increases the food value points for everything on the menu options list. It doesn't add new recipes based on the produce itself. Only fish adds new meal options.

The best use of produce is definitely in the juicer, where you do get produce-based juice recipes. I usually don't stock the fridge with produce at all, because I don't always want/need super-filling meals. When I do, a fish meal does the job nicely.

More info about juices here:
http://www.snootysims.com/infoindex.php?id=juices
At least some of the produce used in the juice must be of the highest "mouth-watering" quality, in order to get the special benefits of the juice.

Also, I highly recommend this hack: http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=443
The default capacity of the EAxis juicer is only 50 items, and will drive you nuts. This hack raises the juicer capacity to 300 items.
#141 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 11:08 PM
Thanks for the replies, SusannaG and Darby
I noticed that if you stock any food in the fridge and make a regular recipe, such as pancakes, it will sparkle as well.
Mad Poster
#142 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 12:58 AM
My point exactly. Produce stocked in the fridge simply makes all the usual menu options sparkly and extra filling. For me, it's just too much, so I save the produce for the juicer, and use fish meals for when I actually need extra filling meals.
Scholar
#143 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:46 PM
I've been experimenting with juices and just can't make the strawberry one to work. It's supposed to make Sim a little less furious. Well I have two siblings (teens) who're mad at each other and are actually enemies now. I made each of them to drink a strawberry juice and nothing happened. Is there a certain way to follow to make this juice to work or it doesn't affect Sims who're enemies?
Mad Poster
#144 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:07 PM
It worked for me. Are the strawberries mouthwatering, and are the sims actually furious (with the red in the other sim's thumbnail) or just enemies? The strawberries don't seem to improve the relationship score, just clear some of the red out so that the active anger goes away. I have lovers who return to being friends before the furiousness clears up, and enemies who are no longer furious.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#145 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 9:17 PM
The Sims are furious, but I'm not sure about the mouthwatering quality of the strawberries, I believe those are just below that level. If being mouthwatering is required to work, then it explains why the juice didn't affect my Sims. Thank you Peni, I'll continue experimenting
Mad Poster
#146 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
If being mouthwatering is required to work, then it explains why the juice didn't affect my Sims.

That's it exactly. Only juice made with mouthwatering quality produce gives special effects. I think you still get the effects if some of the produce used is lesser quality, but at least some of it must be mouthwatering.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#147 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 10:20 PM
I find with eggplant juice which I use a fair bit of to gain skills, that the plant has to be at least healthy to give any skill points, so I should think the same goes for the other juices as well. They don't have to be mouth-watering, just so long as that plant was smiling when it got picked. I usually give mine a little pep talk before harvesting. "It's okay little plant, you're going to be picked and squeezed and drunk and your life will be no more...." Eerr better pep talk needed I think.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#148 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 7:25 AM
Only time i have gotten a wishing well (not the Boolprop way) was sometimes when it was my first time i played the game, they reviewed my garden and then booom a wishing well! Quite funny that Mrs. Crumplebottom came out
Page 6 of 6