Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#16001 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:11 PM
So, hello people.

Sorry for the radio silence (again). I had a breakdown at work and had to take some time away from everything to recover.

Hopefully I'll be back with some more Nicholson content soon!

<3
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#16002 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:00 PM
I'm so sorry about your kitty @Noricel. I hope he manages to find his way back home soon!

@slashbanghorror Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Please take care of yourself. <3

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Lab Assistant
#16003 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keyneky
@slashbanghorror Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Please take care of yourself. <3

Thank you. I've taken some time to re-energise myself, and I am back with the final chapter of Generation One!

It's a biggie, so come prepared.

Chapter 1.8 - The Many Faced Family
Space Pony
#16004 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 12:35 AM
1.3 - Best Friends

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Field Researcher
#16005 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 3:59 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 20th Jul 2018 at 4:05 AM.
@slashbanghorror I hope today is a better day!!

I've been back-commenting on a few of your stories people, but I have no idea which ones I've missed honestly and some I've read from my phone where comments are different, I'm not sure what I've left out. But I'll try!

Sparrows finally get a vacation;
1.34 Ancient Chinese Dragons
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Lab Assistant
#16006 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 9:09 PM
Hello!

So, due to unforseen circumstances that I am not complaining about, I've had my hours cut back at work to my regular contracted hours.

Which means that I will have more time for the Nicholson family! :D
Scholar
#16007 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:36 AM
I have another updateChapter 4.15
Field Researcher
#16008 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 7:40 PM
Guess who's back with a brand new chapter after a bit of mental health flip flopping and exams?
Heeeeeeeyyyyyyy

Also hi to all new people and hi to returning people, I'm your local trash who updates about 5 chapters in five days and then vanishes for like two months *peace emoji*

In the usual me tradition, I've got a chapter out!
Update! Chapter 4.10 Proposals not that kind of proposals lmao

I'll try and catch up but most likely I'll just join in on the latest chapter and pretend like I know what's going on (a few I really wanted to proper catch up on last time bc I was really involved in the story but I was procrastinating bc my attention span is that of a goldfish lmao)

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Lab Assistant
#16009 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:03 AM
Thank you for the kitty encouragements, to my great relief I did find him 5 days (and 5 hours) later! And made him promise not to scare me like that ever again, I was so worried he could be locked in some neighbor's garage, cellar, or whatever...

1.7 - An unstable personality

Here's a new Nothing Is Free update. It's actually the last one for this generation. Pretty fast, huh? I guess I could have made two chapters out of this + some extra screenshots I have lying around here but I wanted to catch up to where I am in-game, which is at the start of generation 2. I will *try* to make generation 2 not so super short but I wanted a RLC that is faster than my Harris legacy so it probably won't be much more than ten-ish chapters per generation.
Also sorry for the wonky layout in this chapter, I have no idea what's going on with blogger, it looked just fine before I posted it.
Field Researcher
#16010 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:34 PM
A Silverly update!

1.24 Nothing to Panic About
Test Subject
#16011 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:49 AM
Hey guys! I just released the second chapter of my legacy challenge tonight! Random Legacy Challenge 1.2
Scholar
Original Poster
#16012 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 1:39 AM
I have a tiny update for Lawful Chaotic: 1.13 Leave the Nest
Lab Assistant
#16013 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 11:21 AM
So, I am faced with a problem.

I'm playing through Gen Two of the Nicholson's, and things have broken. Not game breakingly broken, but still broken. Connor is in the firefighter career, and he spends his whole time there fixing the fire engine and alarm. Because of this, there is so few screenshots of anything actually happening. I would try and start again, but the only save I have of the game is when Connor has a wife (who is pregnant) and Kathleen has a baby from some French dude.

So, with there being no way to undo what's been done, and with me having to change Connor's career to being a magician (Yay for Showtime) due to the firefighter career being broken, is it okay if I do a "Here's a summary of what happened, now to cut to the action" style thing?
Field Researcher
#16014 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 3:01 PM
I'd say whatever you find easiest is fine. I mean, I know there's a general rule of story>rules, but if you're playing more like, strict, then I'm pretty sure there was a rule that was something like "if the game makes a career unplayable, it's all game". If it's just story, then you just do you, whatever will cause you the least amount of hassle or whatever you want to do most (which trust me, if you're anything like me, those two things are completely separate lmao)

eternal trash x

Scholar
Original Poster
#16015 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:42 PM
If you sim's career is glitched, you may roll another one for them (general rule #15).

How you blog about the challenge is not covered under any rules and is entirely up to you.
Field Researcher
#16016 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 12:11 PM Last edited by Marcy : 18th Jul 2018 at 1:35 PM.
A Silverly update!

1.25 Gear Shift

EDIT: Another one!

1.26 An Innocent Party
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#16017 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:10 PM
*pokes head in*

Hi! Despite the many years since I've updated (including moving computers and apparently only having my Avendale stuff on my external HDD which is currently borked), I've been fiddling with my Avendales recently! Not sure when I might have another update; depends on if I want to wait to see if said external is recoverable and what (if anything) I had on there for 7.6 or if I just want to forge ahead.

Unfortunately, since I only was posting rolls on my blog/tumblr as they were revealed, I absolutely cannot remember what my misc fun goal was for gen 7. I've also gotta refresh myself on the rules a bit because I tend to follow my own little rule of story > rules so I usually use the rolls as a guideline/structure rather than an end-all, be-all.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
Original Poster
#16018 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:33 PM
Welcome back, Heaven! It's been a while! We recently re-did the rules a tiny bit, but the old ones are still kept on the rules blog too.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#16019 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Welcome back, Heaven! It's been a while! We recently re-did the rules a tiny bit, but the old ones are still kept on the rules blog too.

I saw that! It's been so long that I'm not sure I could pick out the differences unless I looked over both extensively. The one thing I did notice was the expansion gift is gone (as makes sense) because I used it for gen 6 and then was like "wait, did I cheat and just pretend I didn't" and then saw those were new rules, lol

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
Original Poster
#16020 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:05 AM
Heh... yeah... there hasn't been an expansion in many years now. *single tear* If you STILL have no experience with a career because all you do is legacy play with long periods of inactivity... grats, you're like me! xD I figured the rule would just confuse newer RLCers, and older ones could have it as a house rule if they adopt the new rules.

There were a few new rolls added for several categories, and careers were re-weighted, with some restrictions lifted as to which sim gets the career. Example: you roll couple, military, firefighter. Your heir could be military and the spouse firefighter, or the heir could be firefighter and the spouse military. Under the old rolls, you didn't get to pick which was which, and the heirs had an overwhelming chance to get rabbithole careers. I got so tired of that.
Scholar
#16021 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 9:26 AM
Gen 5 has officially started. here is Chapter 1
Field Researcher
#16022 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:46 AM
I was going to ask what the expansion gift was but I think I remember it? Wasn't it a rule that was like "if you get a new shiny you can mess around with it"?

Anyway, it's good to see you around again, Heaven ^-^

And I have an update! Chapter 4.11 So Emotional

eternal trash x

Space Pony
#16023 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 5:46 PM
1.4 - The Future

Despite not being able to play too much lately (and being on a building spree), I do have a few chapters lined up just waiting for text to be added to them.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Scholar
Original Poster
#16024 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 6:13 PM
Expansion Gift was... if you got a new expansion in the middle of your legacy and wanted to play one of the careers, you could swap your sim to that career. It was probably worded better.
Lab Assistant
#16025 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:36 PM
I am back with a sort-of update, mostly explaining what has happened in my game.

Chapter 2.1 - Glitches Galore
Page 641 of 676