Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#7851 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:07 AM
I'm intrigued by this pack, mostly because Superstar was a favorite of mine. I do wish that singing and fashion had been included though. I'm probably just gonna do what I normally do and wait for LGR's review.

Also, I'm surprised I'm the first one to bring this up, but does this mean they're officially abandoning the one-EP-per-year model?

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Advertisement
Scholar
#7852 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh

If they arent doing a HUGE patch update for bugs before it's released... I think I'm definitely going to pass. I don't see how this will work with the current bugs that are in the game.

There is a patch on the way, along with terrain tools, which probably be the Famous Patch, but how many of the bugs they will bother fixing, and how many new bugs they will introduce remains to be seen.
Field Researcher
#7853 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 6:32 AM
https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/sta...715231352532992
"Want to be a famous chef? Now you can! Famous painter? Yup, you can do that too."
That sentence steals my eyes.
Forum Resident
#7854 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I wonder how it'll work. Will you become famous if you WANT to or will it be thrown at you when you get up the ladder of your profession ? That wouldn't make sense but who knows... Will there be a way to disable the celebrity system for your household if you'd rather stay a normal person ? I remember in TS3, the first thing I'd do would be disabling the celebrity system in the options because my sim would get famous as soon as she'd meet a famous person (from random interactions) and it was annoying me.

In TS3, they were some careers like rockstar who just made you famous, even before the pack if I remember correctly. I remember events where you had to give autographs and stuff and it makes sense.
Thing I'm afraid about is if they'll remember to include the EP careers. It makes a lot of sense to be a famous politician, social media influencer (I actually hate that we already got that career in a pack, it was boring and now they want to redo it instead of adding a modeling career...) or even a world-wide known inventor/scientist. Business employee or gardener? Not so much...

But alas, I haven't seen enough to say if I'll be disappointed. Actually, if this trailer has shown real game play , the acting career looks really well done.
Forum Resident
#7855 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
Well the sims superstar had the obsessed fan and the sims 3 had the paparazzi. I think if something like that comes back it will just be a sim standing in your yard wanting to discuss their fear of vampires all day long. I doubt it would be the same.

I have no clue who Baby Ariel is but I finally feel too old to play the sims 4.

I was a kid when Superstar was released and I couldn't figure out how to get rid of my sims obsessed stalker. It stressed me out a lot, I moved the family, spent more time with my fans but he was there ....watching...
In retrospect, I just love this feature and hopefully, it comes back. It was pretty realistic, except that he didn't try to hurt my sim etc...
Alchemist
#7856 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:57 AM
Another pack about being rich and famous? 5G's please (good God get a grip girl)

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
#7857 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:18 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 10th Oct 2018 at 12:45 PM.
There are bouncers. I doubt you have the customization offered over barrier ropes to an extent TS3 had where you could customize what type of sims and level they may enter. Might as well be confined alone in or along with the lots.

What are the odds you'll be forced to comply with a repetitive checklist to grind up to the highest rank of fame?

Also, I'm not feeling it with this trailer.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#7858 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 12:31 PM
Something has crossed my mind. I wonder if fame can be obtained so easily that almost all my active household can accidentally become famous... EA please don't fuck this up. I don't want Newcrest become a Hollywood.
Instructor
#7859 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 1:28 PM
My first thought of this pack was: Johnny Zest will finally get the fame he deserves My National leader sim could also use some attention, so could my level 10 chef. I can hardly see the golden-furnitures fitting in any normal-looking home,but they will be quite awesome for wedding-venues and eccentric vampires. So,after a nights sleep,I think I actually made peace with this EP

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7860 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:12 PM
They’ve already fucked up by shoving all of the “Rise To Fame” content in other packs. Entertainment Career, Karaoke, Singing, DJing, Photography Set, Dancing... it’s scattered about everywhere else.

We’ve honestly never had anything on the level of Superstar, and I doubt Get Famous will encompass the complete backlot feeling of acting, set design, costume, directing, AND acting, at the expense of singing and modeling. I can only imagine directing Sims with low charisma to complete a scene and dealing with Divas throwing tantrums, then working all night to get editing done, only for the film to bomb.

I, personally, enjoyed superstar. They managed to include a lot of content by having simple, meaningful items:
- Actors had film sets and stages to perform on (poetry?) which is two objects.
- Models had catwalks and cameras, as well as high fashions outfits (opposed to just having formal wear), which is two objects).
- Singers had karaoke stages, recording booth, while also filming music videos (which is three objects).

That’s seven career based items, which is already less than usual. Lots of these items are repurposed content: Sims performing an action on a stage or in front of a camera. It’s not really a lot of stuff, but it’s meaningful.

These few items were enhanced by NEW luxury items: Mud baths, massage tables, trailers, satellite dishes, sky diving tanks, scuba tanks, high fashion to shop for, and food kiosks.

Showtime followed a similar path: Sims performed street acts to build fame (basic interactions), and then they used a single stage for larger acts, though the careers were less mundane (magic and acrobatics).

It’s not like the Superstar was brimming with content. They added what was appropriate for the lifestyle. It was fun for what it was. Due to the limited object pool but depth of the experience, which has me confused as to why Get Famous only has acting.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#7861 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
We already have costumes in the game and I've never seen a random wear them. I believe there is a "costumes" category in CAS for these and it's not available for randoms so I guess they'll put those new ones in that category. Correct me if wrong. The lame option would be to "hide" those costumes then having each sim unlocking them one by one through the career (since I believe that is already a thing for other professions).

Good point! I don't believe I've ever seen any townies wearing crazy costumes unless their in the cosplay club or you know the raccoon in CL or bear in GF or that one Festival (Brain fart need reminding lol). So they probably will not have it available to randoms (Which is good!). As far as unlocking them along the way with the career... that is really lame. I made a Duke and Duchess for Windenburg and I expect to be able to use that fitting hairstyle and outfits from the trailer without having to unlock it.
Mad Poster
#7862 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:34 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 10th Oct 2018 at 2:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
"Want to be a famous chef? Now you can! Famous painter? Yup, you can do that too."

Curious to know what this means- is fame tied to the career tracks (the higher you go the more famous you are)? Or is it something that you would catch from doing 'famous things'?

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
These few items were enhanced by NEW luxury items: Mud baths, massage tables, trailers, satellite dishes, sky diving tanks, scuba tanks, high fashion to shop for, and food kiosks.
Quote: Originally posted by Get Famous Description
Decorate a gorgeous mansion with gold-plated furniture and take home a unique set piece to put on display as a tribute to the golden age. . . of you.

Also kind of curious to know what luxury interactables they're going to have- gold-plated furniture is more or less useless gameplay-wise, as are setpieces.
Field Researcher
#7863 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive

This makes me happy.

I still worry being friends with a famous Sim will make everyone famous. I hope they learned from Late Night.

IDK how they ignore adding bodyguards but can add bouncer like from Sims 3. I hope scandals are back and you can sue for slander. Bring the city hall back!
Forum Resident
#7864 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Curious to know what this means- is fame tied to the career tracks (the higher you go the more famous you are)? Or is it something that you would catch from doing 'famous things'?

I wonder if you'll actually be able to be a famous painter who's famous because they are a talented painter or if you'll be able to be a famous painter no matter how good you are at painting but simply because your Sim is just famous. Does this make sense?
Like the first part would mean each career would be able to make you famous if you get promoted often enough and have the right skills. You're famous because you are good at a career. It would basically be an overhaul/addition to all existing careers.
The second part would mean you get famous because you do interactions that make your Sim famous but not for their career, but just for the things they do. That would mean the previous careers weren't edited at all and it's irrelevant whether you're unemployed, self-employed, a painter or a vet. Considering how they sometimes promote things in a sneaky way (like saying "you can cruise through the new world") I wouldn't think it's too far-fetched.
Mad Poster
#7865 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:56 PM
I kinda always thought how cool it would be If you're sim could appear on billboards and get shown on actual tv (talk shows? movies? commercial?) at someone's comfort on home's couch. You know, actually becoming an influential cultural phenomenon. Perhaps as they climb through fame, they get more offers and opportunities coming in from businesses that increase, of course giving the choice to reject and wait for some other entity giving your celeb a call, the sim's fame. Radio shows, offer to become on the cover of journals, etc.

Interactable green screen (allowing you to choose in-game screenshots from the folder where they're stored) and interactable filming camera stand object that allows you to create a compilation of animations (with perhaps a user-interface) that allows you customize what animation and after/before which one will the sim have to renaact. Of course it will be more fun and If it were tied/depended to a new skill called like "Acting". Your inexperience actor that just applied for their first role will have to go trail and error and would have to go through multiple takes to get the shot 'scene' perfect. The Higher the acting skill is, the less time it will take to succeed in nailing down a retake.

Instructor
#7866 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:08 PM
This tweet from Graham SCREAMS "technically true"-marketing to me:

Quote:
There are a bunch of different paths to becoming a celebrity. Various careers and skills all feed into stardom, as well as different objects, interactions, and other aspects that haven't been unveiled yet.

$20 he's talking about how you can be a professional athlete, chef, mixologist or other pre-existing careers and be a celebrity. The intent of the tweet is to try and imply there's more than 1-2 new careers, but I will absolutely bet these "bunch of different paths" are the paths we're already playing right now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7867 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:12 PM
I expect no less from them. This should have been a game pack.

It’s more than appreciated that they added content to other packs, but what about the pack we have now? It’s Get Together all over again: a bunch of superficial additions held together by one game mechanic and a world: $40.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#7868 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I expect no less from them. This should have been a game pack.

It’s more than appreciated that they added content to other packs, but what about the pack we have now? It’s Get Together all over again: a bunch of superficial additions held together by one game mechanic and a world: $40.

Coincidentally, Get Together is the only other EP that was the 2nd Expansion of it's year.

There's a pattern here. Their expansions either just suck on their own OR they definitely suck if it's the 2nd expansion of the year. No matter what they do, they can't run from the fact their budget/staffing is completely underqualified for this.
Mad Poster
#7869 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:37 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 10th Oct 2018 at 4:53 PM.
Just when I was thinking today about it. Club system should have been patched in, but then that would have left no selling point for that EP. Honestly, how couldn't you not call and point "laziness" when things they implement are mundane or superficial. On second thought, it was kind of neat mechanic but certainly not worth the justified price for the whole EP. Again, this goes back to what Nightlife for example offered in comparison.

Theorist
#7870 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
$20 he's talking about how you can be a professional athlete, chef, mixologist or other pre-existing careers and be a celebrity. The intent of the tweet is to try and imply there's more than 1-2 new careers, but I will absolutely bet these "bunch of different paths" are the paths we're already playing right now.

I love my vet, I think she deserves all the stardom a person can have. That said, clearing out anal glands, dealing with ear infections, performing spays and neuters, euthanasia, ect... doesn't equal a path to fame. So, how does a vet become famous in this EP? Even more bizarre is the fact that children can become famous, but they are not allowed to work. Does this mean that kids become so-called famous by the way of having kids hang out in social media, like the person this EP circulates around and EA is calling that famous? A person that many people have never heard of unless they are 12.

It is such a weird time we live in. People post a video and they are handed a famous title. I preferred the days when people actually had to do something other than spout bullshit on Twitter to get any type of recognition.
Mad Poster
#7871 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Also, I'm surprised I'm the first one to bring this up, but does this mean they're officially abandoning the one-EP-per-year model?

If you ask Grant, he'll say that model never existed.

"The Sims 3 never had two or three expansions a year!"

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#7872 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I love my vet, I think she deserves all the stardom a person can have. That said, clearing out anal glands, dealing with ear infections, performing spays and neuters, euthanasia, ect... doesn't equal a path to fame. So, how does a vet become famous in this EP? Even more bizarre is the fact that children can become famous, but they are not allowed to work. Does this mean that kids become so-called famous by the way of having kids hang out in social media, like the person this EP circulates around and EA is calling that famous? A person that many people have never heard of unless they are 12.

It such a weird time we live in. People post a video and they are handed a famous title. I preferred the days when people actually had to do something other than spout bullshit on Twitter to get any type of recognition.

Considering they chose a teenager from Musical.ly/Tik Tok for promotion it doesn't seem unlikely children and teenagers can get famous by doing stuff on the computer.
edit: Oops, you even mentioned that girl. I need to pay more attention when I read comments
Field Researcher
#7873 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
If you ask Grant, he'll say that model never existed.

"The Sims 3 never had two or three expansions a year!"

I still can’t believe he said that and got away with it.
Mad Poster
#7875 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
I still can’t believe he said that and got away with it.

There's plenty of more where that came from.

Locked thread
Page 315 of 447