Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 11:29 PM
Default Liberating waiters for the purpose of mating?
With NPCs that visit your house, of course, it's easy to date them. However, my romance sim keeps rolling a want to go on a date with a waitress from a cafe. I don't blame him - does anyone know how to make his dreams come true? (Also, for discussion purposes, this is the first neighborhood I've played where I've spawned townies and NPCs from the mailbox, rather than beginning a game with premades. Has anyone else noticed that these townies seem to be more elite - less offensively ugly, more skills, better jobs, more money?)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 11:42 PM
I guess get your sim to talk to them then, when the relationship bar is up a bit, ask them out. Either that or cheat - drag them to the home lot via a telelporter.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 12:18 AM
Well, yes, you would want to get the relationship bar up first, but I've already done so. They're friends and have mutual crushes on each other, but no new interactions have show up.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 12:39 AM
The founder of my legacy married a waitress, but it was by accident. He brought home this chic from work and hit it off with her so I was like sure she will do. I realized a bit latter that she was also the NPC waitress. I don't know if that was a glitch or what, or if NPC's can simply come home as a workmate. When I moved her in she came as an NPC does, without a job even though when she came home from work with him she was in the work uniform.
This may not help you though if that was just a chance occurrence.

If you get to know the NPC simply call them up enough until you can ask them over.

Reading further I see they have crushes. By now they should have more interactions. What are their short and long term points?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 2:56 AM
just wondering, but are either of their gender preferences set correctly? Because they may not be compatible.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 4:52 PM
Be careful with waiters! For some reason, my game tends to generate waiters/waitresses without any character data, or at least incomplete! Idk why and this might just be a glitch in my game, but I have accidentally made two of the these waiters playable and they're a bit glitchy.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 6:26 PM
Short term's about 70, long term's about 30. Friends and crushes, but the interactions are all the same.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 6:30 PM
Are you able to call the waiter on the phone, or does the game claim she doesn't have one?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 7:53 PM
I think you only get a limited set of interactions when she's at work in the café. After all she's not being paid to flirt! But once you invite her to your home, I think you should get much the same interactions as you would with a townie or playable. Dependent of course on the level of the relationship between them. I presume you can invite her round by phone, and that that ability wasn't removed in a later EP? I can't put my theories to the test just now as we have visitors, but I recently had a child who wanted to be friends with a bartender, and he was able to invite him over without any problems, and when he came, as far as I can remember, all the normal interactions were available. Of course, since my Sim was a child, there couldn't be any romantic interactions, but I'm sure that "Play with..." was available at home, while it wasn't available when my Sims visited the bartender at his work.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 9:27 PM
Yes, you have to ask her to come over or ask on a date, not at work.

I've never had glitchy waiters that I know of, I wonder why you do MMAA.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:07 AM
The game doesn't claim she doesn't have a phone, but she's still not under the call options.

Interestingly enough, though, the hostess is.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:21 AM
Is she an option for call on a date or invite to a party?

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fluorescentadolescent
The game doesn't claim she doesn't have a phone, but she's still not under the call options.

Do you have the Free Time NPC phonebook fix from Paladin's Place?

http://www.paladins-place.org/main.htm

Several of my sims are BFFs with waiters, and call them regularly.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felicia1066
Do you have the Free Time NPC phonebook fix from Paladin's Place?

http://www.paladins-place.org/main.htm

Several of my sims are BFFs with waiters, and call them regularly.
Yes, that's what I was thinking of when I asked if the option to call her had maybe been removed in a later EP. (See my last post.) I was pretty sure I had read that somewhere, but it didn't affect me because I don't use FreeTime.

OP, I think if you put that fix in it will solve your problem.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 3:03 PM
Ah yes - Cyjon also has a fix for this. Freetime removed some NPCs' call-a-bility for no apparent reason. It affects mail carriers as well!

http://cyjon.net/node/165

(In case you prefer it to Paladin for whatever reason.)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 3:45 PM
One of my waiters is quite the amorous one. He's apparently smitten with one of my Sims, and is often the "friend" a visiting Sim brings with him or her.

While I interact with wait staff, and I don't think they're a corrupter (at least not according to the WIki), and they seem to have all the interactions off the job, I don't move any of them in. They're just a diversion for some of my Romance Sims.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.