Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#6601 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:51 AM
I learned a thing (and now I'm exhausted). I made my first townie + pet name replacement mod. I spent allllll day on it (mostly because collecting/editing the names I wanted took so long + internet issues -_-), so now I get to celebrate by booting up the game. I'm really pleased though. The lack of diversity in most name mods really bugged me and I finally did something about it <deep sigh>. I think... I think I might like to share it if people want that kind of thing, but I probably have enough quirks and such in my choices of names (and inclusion of spelling variations for some since not everyone spells their name the same way...)that it might just be off-putting. I'm gonna play with it for now and figure out sharing later.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#6602 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 4:01 AM
I've been put off downloading a couple of cc careers because of the clothing used. How dumb is that?
Mad Poster
#6603 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I've been put off downloading a couple of cc careers because of the clothing used. How dumb is that?

Not dumb, really. I don't like custom careers with extra outfits that you have to download as well, especially if I wouldn't usually wear the outfit otherwise, but I have to remember not to delete it.
Inventor
#6604 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:18 AM
I like to bite off more than I can chew, I'm gonna try and recreate the 'Primavera' painting by Botticelli, and hunting down the necessary CC is a task in itself. I should've stopped when I did my Anne Boleyn recreation but I'm hardheaded like that

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6605 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I like to bite off more than I can chew, I'm gonna try and recreate the 'Primavera' painting by Botticelli, and hunting down the necessary CC is a task in itself. I should've stopped when I did my Anne Boleyn recreation but I'm hardheaded like that

I like this mesh for big paintings I want to put in art galleries:
http://modthesims.info/d/268305
I replaced the original texture for it with Holbein's The Ambassadors. I got a really good quality image of it off the British National Gallery (something you can do with actual paintings in collections). It looks great in Sirencester's art gallery and museum.

If you want something that is more landscapey than that (or portraity), you need different meshes of course but that mesh is really good for large squarish paintings to put in galleries. Having said that the Botticelli is pretty landscapey isn't it? It's really easy to reproportion paintings meshes though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6606 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:18 PM
I should get into the habit of muting the game after closing it. The Music when you boot the game is darn loud and I can't listen any video while having it even in minimize mode.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#6607 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:05 PM
I always get confused on downloaded items because there are so many of them that I don't remember downloading them and don't know how to use them. Some of them are flashing blue because I missed Mesh. Maybe I read descriptions without putting much attention I should stop this download disaster. T.T

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Instructor
#6608 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 4:46 PM
I just notice that I have a lot of daddy's girls in my Beginning Pleasantview hood.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#6609 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 4:52 PM

That sounds awesome! Can we see it?
Mad Poster
#6610 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:30 PM
I feel like I'm probably falling into the trap of making 'the perfect the enemy of the good' with my new computer, wanting to make sure everything is set up perfectly and I know every iota of what I'll need to do to make the game work before I start adding Sims stuff onto it...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6611 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 7:13 PM
@Zarathustra - I would advise you to just load the game and see if it works (you may even leave out your lots at this stage) - and what needs to be tweaked can be determined a lot easier once you know that the game runs.

Chances are good that you will have to change the graphic rules - but here and there, you still see somebody who does not need to.

Many players still have the black rectangular square (shadow) - for some reason, that problem has vanished from my game and I have removed that mod.

Strongs
Forum Resident
#6612 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:07 PM
Urk, I love the Backdoor Lane lots by plasticbox so much, but it's a time-consuming event to download them all, especially with shitty Welsh wifi. I wish there was a version somewhere where they were all packaged together

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Inventor
#6613 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I like this mesh for big paintings I want to put in art galleries:
http://modthesims.info/d/268305
I replaced the original texture for it with Holbein's The Ambassadors. I got a really good quality image of it off the British National Gallery (something you can do with actual paintings in collections). It looks great in Sirencester's art gallery and museum.

If you want something that is more landscapey than that (or portraity), you need different meshes of course but that mesh is really good for large squarish paintings to put in galleries. Having said that the Botticelli is pretty landscapey isn't it? It's really easy to reproportion paintings meshes though.

I'm glad you brought that link up @maxon, I was meaning to download it a long time ago but I forgot .

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
That sounds awesome! Can we see it?

You mean the Anne Boleyn recreation or the Primavera recreation? I posted the Anne Boleyn one on my simblr and I'm gonna start on the Primavera one later on today, hopefully it'll be done by tonight :D. I already got the sims made to the best of my ability (couldn't find Bodyshop CC that matched) so staging the scene will take a little longer

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6614 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:50 PM
Oh I see - you mean you are going to create the picture as a sim? Sounds like fun.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#6615 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Oh I see - you mean you are going to create the picture as a sim? Sounds like fun.

Yep, that's what I'm trying to accomplish . It's fun and frustrating at the same time . I stayed up until 4:30 last night hunting down clothes and hair that could be close to the real thing, but actually creating the sims were a walk in the park; got them all done in 30 minutes. But I still appreciate that link, I downloaded it so I can add it to my game :D

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#6616 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

For posterity!

Space pony only lasts for about five posts, so will soon be gone.

Hahaha, thanks! I'm clueless. Field Researcher lasted forever.
Alchemist
#6617 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:09 AM
Yep, that's what I'm trying to accomplish . It's fun and frustrating at the same time . I stayed up until 4:30 last night hunting down clothes and hair that could be close to the real thing, but actually creating the sims were a walk in the park; got them all done in 30 minutes. But I still appreciate that link, I downloaded it so I can add it to my game :D

Checked it out. That's awesome! I saw some art students re-creating famous paintings with photographs in an art school in Spain. They had to round up a lot of CC, too.

@Primavera, hey, did you make the grill cheese kid drawing? Loved it! Are you sharing? It is not possible to have too many kid drawings in my game.
Inventor
#6618 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:02 AM Last edited by Primavera : 27th Aug 2018 at 4:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Checked it out. That's awesome! I saw some art students re-creating famous paintings with photographs in an art school in Spain. They had to round up a lot of CC, too.

@Primavera, hey, did you make the grill cheese kid drawing? Loved it! Are you sharing? It is not possible to have too many kid drawings in my game.

Haha thank you! I have an eye for detail :P. And are you referring to this post? That drawing is from the game @Sunrader! I've finally managed to lift the kid drawings from the play table and attach it to a wall :D

EDIT: well, my Primavera recreation is done. Not happy with the result but I'll take this as a learning experience

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6619 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@Zarathustra - I would advise you to just load the game and see if it works (you may even leave out your lots at this stage) - and what needs to be tweaked can be determined a lot easier once you know that the game runs.

Chances are good that you will have to change the graphic rules - but here and there, you still see somebody who does not need to.

Many players still have the black rectangular square (shadow) - for some reason, that problem has vanished from my game and I have removed that mod.

Strongs

At this point I think there's just one more thing that I really want to figure out first (since some approaches might end up being a sea change in my computer, and that could screw with any files I put on here beforehand), but then that's the plan.

If only networking my desktop and my laptop wasn't turning out to be such an impossible clusterf*ck...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#6620 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:26 AM
As I said before, we're redecorating my bedroom. Aaaaand we're going to IKEA later. Maybe I'll 'accidentally' choose some MALM or LACK or other series that are in the game? Who knows!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6621 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Hahaha, thanks! I'm clueless. Field Researcher lasted forever.

Someone else is a Space Pony too- @terula8 !
Screenshots
Alchemist
#6622 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 11:27 AM
Haha thank you! I have an eye for detail :P. And are you referring to this post? That drawing is from the game @Sunrader! I've finally managed to lift the kid drawings from the play table and attach it to a wall :D

EDIT: well, my Primavera recreation is done. Not happy with the result but I'll take this as a learning experience

Nice job, maybe you can do Garden of Earthly Delights next.

Wow, that's in the game! My toddlers must not be that talented; I haven't seen it. How can I "lift it" from the table?
Alchemist
#6623 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:08 PM
After the kid finishes the drawing, you can go into buy mode and use the hand button to grab it off of the activity table.
Top Secret Researcher
#6624 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Space pony only lasts for about five posts, so will soon be gone.

And you didn't exaggerate either! It's already gone. What a weird category
Mad Poster
#6625 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I learned a thing (and now I'm exhausted). I made my first townie + pet name replacement mod. I spent allllll day on it (mostly because collecting/editing the names I wanted took so long + internet issues -_-), so now I get to celebrate by booting up the game. I'm really pleased though. The lack of diversity in most name mods really bugged me and I finally did something about it <deep sigh>. I think... I think I might like to share it if people want that kind of thing, but I probably have enough quirks and such in my choices of names (and inclusion of spelling variations for some since not everyone spells their name the same way...)that it might just be off-putting. I'm gonna play with it for now and figure out sharing later.

I'd be interested. I've taken to renaming most of my townies first and last names.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 265 of 515