Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#14976 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 2:35 PM
In a pre-made, populated university (Quadington) the secret society never showed up (the "arrest" scene). I've played it before and had them show up, but this time I'm not even seeing secret society members in the college phone book. I created a secret society lot, but still no members generated. I had already removed "no dormie regeneration". What can I do?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#14977 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes, there is, at MoonlightDragon. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...and-makeup-f68/ They have oxygen tubes so nose masks could also be possible.
Hmm, it looked like all of her infant things were accessories or custom skins, not makeup. Unless I missed something. @simmer22

By nose masks, I mean makeup like these that change the shape of the nostrils and nose tip.

http://s2ccfinds.tumblr.com/post/16...sks-part-ii-for
Inventor
#14978 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
In a pre-made, populated university (Quadington) the secret society never showed up (the "arrest" scene). I've played it before and had them show up, but this time I'm not even seeing secret society members in the college phone book. I created a secret society lot, but still no members generated. I had already removed "no dormie regeneration". What can I do?

Do you have nossrespawn? That's the mod that suppresses spawning of secret society members. nodormieregen is for dormies.
Mad Poster
#14979 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 3:27 PM
Anyone know of another way to open sims2 packs other than that netframe thingy? I can't get it to download.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#14980 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 3:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Aug 2018 at 5:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Hmm, it looked like all of her infant things were accessories or custom skins, not makeup. Unless I missed something.

By nose masks, I mean makeup like these that change the shape of the nostrils and nose tip.

http://s2ccfinds.tumblr.com/post/16...sks-part-ii-for

@omglo

You can set any makeup to work for infants. In SimPE, find the PF and PM "Texture Overlay XML (XTOL)" and write 21 instead of 1 in the age category. If there's only CU, and you want them for PU/BU too, write 23 (20+1+2 --- 20=BU, 1=PU, 2=CU, 4=TU, 8=AU, 10=EU, 40=YU). Basically add up all the missing ages and replace the age line for the youngest age you can find in the file (makeup is often for both male and female, so there's usually double XTOL resources).

You can apply makeup to babies with Change Appearance (use a mod like Insimenator or SimBlender - mirrors don't allow for infants), but the makeup doesn't show on the baby in the window until you've clicked OK. Accessories work the same. Makeup and accessories should always have thumbs and/or descriptive hovertext, or you'll struggle to find them in Change Appearance. Costume makeup doesn't seem to be thumbnail friendly, so use hovertext.

Here's an example of some freckles (possibly also lipstick) enabled for babies:

I wrote a quick tutorial on my site a while ago, and added an update now: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/moo...by-makeup-f132/

Quote:
Anyone know of another way to open sims2 packs other than that netframe thingy? I can't get it to download.

netframe? Can't you use the clean installer? Or do you use Mac?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14981 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1

Doesn't Clean Installer open them?

<checks> yes, it does. Or do you mean to edit them?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#14982 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 6:20 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 24th Aug 2018 at 6:39 PM.
The answer is probably no, but: Is it normal for objects in wants to show up in pink? For example, 'Play on Computer' but the computer in the want slot appears in pink. I just want to know the severity of my issues... (Have been experiencing crashes and pink flashing on a university community lot. Thought it had something to do with the cooking competition table, but apparently that's not that case.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14983 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 6:38 PM
Sounds like a graphics issue MMAA - and no, objects in the catalogue or anywhere else should not be pink.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#14984 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Sounds like a graphics issue MMAA - and no, objects in the catalogue or anywhere else should not be pink.

Yeah, I've been struggling with it.

Also: @simsample - I just remembered and tested what you suggested; removed Moi's water texture mod and that seems to have fixed the issue for now. Thank you! :lovestruc Shame though I can't have the mod. Let's hope that actually was the culprit, though.
Alchemist
#14985 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
@omglo

You can set any makeup to work for infants. In SimPE, find the PF and PM "Texture Overlay XML (XTOL)" and write 21 instead of 1 in the age category. If there's only CU, and you want them for PU/BU too, write 23 (20+1+2 --- 20=BU, 1=PU, 2=CU, 4=TU, 8=AU, 10=EU, 40=YU). Basically add up all the missing ages and replace the age line for the youngest age you can find in the file (makeup is often for both male and female, so there's usually double XTOL resources).

Thanks.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14986 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Also: @simsample - I just remembered and tested what you suggested; removed Moi's water texture mod and that seems to have fixed the issue for now. Thank you! :lovestruc Shame though I can't have the mod. Let's hope that actually was the culprit, though.

@M.M.A.A.
Oh good! What I would also advise is to check your system temperatures too; the program I use for this is a free program called HWMonitor from CPUID. You can get it here if you'd like to try it:
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Choose the free download on the left of the screen; either the installer version or one which you can just unzip and use without installation. The reason I'm advising this is just to check that there's not a heat issue there, as that can cause reduced chip efficiency and affect the way the graphics processor works. That program will automatically pick up your hardware- for my sims computer it picks up the voltages across the mainboard, hard drive temps and fan speeds too, but how much information it can read depends upon your hardware. I run it whilst I play sims so that I can keep an eye on things.
Alchemist
#14987 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 9:45 PM
deleting My Documents directory folders.
with main game, those folders (and their "default" content) would be regenerated during next game startup (or some when running Bodyshop). what about in AnyGameStarter (any kind of installation)?
Lab Assistant
#14988 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 10:29 PM
As non-MTS neighborhoods, are Beacon Falls and Maple Valley safe to play? Aren't they corrupted from the beginning?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14989 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
deleting My Documents directory folders.
with main game, those folders (and their "default" content) would be regenerated during next game startup (or some when running Bodyshop). what about in AnyGameStarter (any kind of installation)?

AGS only installs the neighbourhoods you make. It's not exactly an alternative full installation.
Quote: Originally posted by bulbash
As non-MTS neighborhoods, are Beacon Falls and Maple Valley safe to play? Aren't they corrupted from the beginning?

Why would they be? It will depend how they were made.

Looking at the download pages, although the group that made them were based at T$R, they were aware of the work Moo did on hoods and seem to have made some effort to ensure they were good. Besides, I guess it doesn't really matter if they are corrupted unless you want to play them long term.

Mad Poster
#14990 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 11:17 PM
Okay, I'll look for and install clean installer. I didn't put it on this computer cause I never could figure out how to use it. But, I'll give it another look. thanks!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#14991 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
AGS only installs the neighbourhoods you make. It's not exactly an alternative full installation.

Why would they be? It will depend how they were made.

Looking at the download pages, although the group that made them were based at T$R, they were aware of the work Moo did on hoods and seem to have made some effort to ensure they were good. Besides, I guess it doesn't really matter if they are corrupted unless you want to play them long term.

It does in my case as I hoped to create a durable uberborhood consisting of non-Maxis neighborhoods, and play it at least for a couple of generations. Unfortunately, I didn't usually stick to it for long. The last time I started playing it I also attached Tarlia's Viper Canyon, and after playing a family with toddlers in Shady Shores for 1 or Sim days it became corrupted. I think that happened because of Viper Canyon, but I could be wrong. I want to be sure other neighborhoods are not threats.
Theorist
#14992 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 12:59 AM
I've never had this problem before but I went to use:
Crisps&Kerosene's Sims 1 ice cream stand- in my game and the only option that comes up is which type i want (I guess soft or hard?) Then the action gets canceled and they can't buy anything.

Am I missing a file or files somewhere?

I had a hard time downloading the original files for some reason from DropBox (finding the files for the actual cones)
Thanks if you can help.
I have the UC

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#14993 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 2:38 AM
Is there a mod (or can it be created) to be able to control ghosts in some ways, such as directing them to a specific place or possessing tombstones, chairs?
Top Secret Researcher
#14994 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bulbash
Is there a mod (or can it be created) to be able to control ghosts in some ways, such as directing them to a specific place or possessing tombstones, chairs?

This Mod Tomb of Ghost by christianlov does give you some measure of control over ghosts.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14995 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I've never had this problem before but I went to use:
Crisps&Kerosene's Sims 1 ice cream stand- in my game and the only option that comes up is which type i want (I guess soft or hard?) Then the action gets canceled and they can't buy anything.

Am I missing a file or files somewhere?

I had a hard time downloading the original files for some reason from DropBox (finding the files for the actual cones)
Thanks if you can help.
I have the UC

Try the edited version. https://jellymeduza.tumblr.com/post...-ice-cream-edit They added temperature changes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14996 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
This Mod Tomb of Ghost by christianlov does give you some measure of control over ghosts.

Chris Hatch also has a ghost hack, but I can't link to it because I can't get onto the site.
Test Subject
#14997 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 1:58 PM
Is the Marry Off Six Children LTW still fulfilled if any of the children get divorced before all of the others are married? And if they get remarried to someone else does this count towards the total, or does only the first marriage count? I imagine it's just the first marriage that counts, but I thought I'd check.
Scholar
#14998 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Chris Hatch also has a ghost hack, but I can't link to it because I can't get onto the site.

Tombstones.zip (90kb). Contains three files, CJH_TombstoneUpgrade.package overrides fifteen of the tombstone's resources including the pie menu so it is likely to conflict other mods. CJH_TombstoneUpgrade-Light.package only overrides four resources so it is less likely to conflict. For obvious reasons don't install both, they both basically enable ghosts to stop their normal haunt behaviour and do whatever you tell them to then go back to haunting.
The other file, CJH_MemorialPainting.package is a painting that will display a portrait of the departed for the closest urn/tombstone to it.
Top Secret Researcher
#14999 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riaise
Is the Marry Off Six Children LTW still fulfilled if any of the children get divorced before all of the others are married? And if they get remarried to someone else does this count towards the total, or does only the first marriage count? I imagine it's just the first marriage that counts, but I thought I'd check.

I read that that if one of the Sims gets married twice that it counts both times. Make sense because I know from experiince that the 5 Businesses one is fullfilled if a business go to level 5 an then down to level 4 and then back to level 5, if it does this 5 times the LTW get fullfilled.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#15000 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Do you have nossrespawn? That's the mod that suppresses spawning of secret society members. nodormieregen is for dormies.

===
No, I don't have that

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 600 of 1338