Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:53 PM
Default Do you replace NPC/Townies with other premades?
Hi there! I've just finished replacing some NPC from my new Pleasantview and I'm curious to know if I'm the only one that crazy lol
Normally I just give the appearance of a well-known premade trough SimPe, but I don't think it passes even the DNA.

In my Riverblossom Hills I put Bella Goth and Don Lothario as Diva and Mr.Big, Elden and Mama Hick as sloppy. I did the same in Pleasantview for them, but Kiernan and Nylissit Tricou Diva/Mr.Big since I'm not playing the Tricou; I also replaced two maids with Brigit and Bonehilda (I hope she would work at the Goths ).
Another good match would be Kimberly and Samantha Cordial as NPC Witches, but to be honest is one of the NPC that I don't care about. Maybe Mortimer or Consorts Capp as Headmaster?
Do you have any other idea?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:55 PM
how do you even change NPCs looks? O-O
(I am not worried all faces in my game is fixed to be pretty and most of the default hair is replaced with cc hair so they'll turn out pretty no matter what but still)

I build small houses *^*
Link Ninja
#3 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
how do you even change NPCs looks? O-O
(I am not worried all faces in my game is fixed to be pretty and most of the default hair is replaced with cc hair so they'll turn out pretty no matter what but still)

There's a mod by christianlov called 'gussy up' and it adds a pie menu so you can click on any sim (even NPC) and change their appearance like you would a normal sim in a mirror and have the option to change their clothes or give them plastic surgery with face sliders. Link here I think

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 8:13 PM
Christianlov also had a Sim Cloner which will apparently create a new sim with the same appearance as an existing one, and a Sim Copy Mirror (included in this collection at Simbology.com). I don't have either of these mods, so I'm not entirely sure what the Sim Copy Mirror does, but I'm guessing that maybe it copied the appearance of one sim onto another? Maybe somebody who's actually used it can describe what it does in better detail.

I've never seen readme files for most of the mods in the Simbology link, so try them out first in a disposable Testing Town before using them in one of your good neighborhoods.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 8:17 PM
@Frogz2007: thanks a lot I've always kept some premades as models in the CAS, and at the beginning I used to change the appearance of some broken ones (Lyla Grunt or Willow Nigmos); then, I've started changing the ages of some sims, like Mortimer, Cassandra and Olive, and swapped them with their younger self, and now I'm using some of them as NPCs
All of this using the Sim Surgery in SimPe, no other mods. I mean, I have other mods to change the appearance but usually I don't touch those NPCs any further.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 8:26 PM
I agree with Frogz. This is ingenious..clever.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
There's a mod by christianlov called 'gussy up' and it adds a pie menu so you can click on any sim (even NPC) and change their appearance like you would a normal sim in a mirror and have the option to change their clothes or give them plastic surgery with face sliders. Link here I think

Thank you. I grabbed it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Wait. Do you mean you're doing Sim Surgery on the game-generated NPC's and are replacing their appearances with the pre-mades? if so, you're a genius! That's a brilliant idea. I know that Olive Specter has a nanny lookalike named Nicole Thompson, who is also in the same neighborhood. I've always pictured the Diva as being a close relative to John Mole's mother Lucy (they look very much alike aside from a different outfit)

It's very easy to do with SimPE. I do it all the time - copy playables' appearances over NPCs. You use SimSurgery.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc