Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Half decent weddings, for once. Weddings have always been kind of meh in all sims versions (minus the cut scenes, but they were always the same thing repeated over and over). Like, its great that you can assign sims to be pianist, DJ, caterer, but why not friends and relatives who have roles in the wedding party? (Flower girl, ring bearer, best man, maid of honor, etc,) Why not a working "red carpet" so you can walk down the isle? Signing of the documents? That'd be awesome.

More hobbies, traits, skills, and careers. I love TS4 but I would like more careers, more traits per sim (in CAS), more things to learn! MORE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. Farming? NO. Gardening sucks and it's boring, there's farmville for that. LOL

Actual lots that can be visited and lived in, on Sixam.

Family reunions. Clubs for family members only.

Oi now, don't be dissing farming. Like any other skill in the game you don't have to do it, no one says you need to garden if you find it boring. As someone who is phonophobic and not really a fan of music our sound in general, I could argue against your more instruments idea. 3/4 different kinds of vile noisemakers are enough. But instead I'm going to say, oh yeah, someone else might really enjoy that! They should definitely do that!

Farming happens to be one thing that I personally really really want, that and proper cooking with flour and eggs and sugar without y'know having to rely on a mod that breaks most custom food items.

Everything else you said however, yes, spot on. Weddings need to be improved. at the very least be allowed to invite both families to the goddamn wedding. Because seriously what the peri-marital fuck?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge

Everything else you said however, yes, spot on. Weddings need to be improved. at the very least be allowed to invite both families to the goddamn wedding. Because seriously what the peri-marital fuck?

And no missing the wedding just because they have to work (okay, that was more of a TS3 problem but still!)
Scholar
#53 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:37 AM
Weddings: yeah like your bride or groom has to be friends with everyone from their fiancé/fiancée family in order to invite them??? C'mon. Even if everyone sits down they're still an unorganized gong show.

Farming could be a separate pack from just basic gardening OR an active career. Still boring as heck though. Imho, Lmao

I want to be able to have a band and jam with friends and have a career as a singer but that is nothing new so it doesn't count the thread.

I dunno I just really want more careers, ones we've never had before. (And some old ones too)
Theorist
#54 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:43 PM
Farming could be a separate pack from just basic gardening OR an active career. Still boring as heck though. Imho, Lmao

I want to be able to have a band and jam with friends and have a career as a singer but that is nothing new so it doesn't count the thread.

OK OK OK. HOW is watching little people sit down with little instruments and play little songs you can't understand any more engaging than watching little people go around growing little plants to cook little foods you can't eat?

Also if you about farming being a boring active career... politics is already an active career.... WAT?

I don't understand the difference. You're still just sitting there watching while your character does something lengthy and boring. What do you find so much more entertaining about instruments than plants? Don't you -like- plants? They give you food! They help you breathe! Those are good things! :D

And if you recall they had live jamming sessions and a rock-star career in sims 3.... it wasn't exactly game-changing
Field Researcher
#55 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:52 PM
Why can't we have both? Personally, I think it's high time EA provided us with another opportunity to hoedown.
Theorist
#56 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 13th Jul 2017 at 2:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grindingteeth
Why can't we have both? Personally, I think it's high time EA provided us with an opportunity to hoedown.

I agree we should definitely have both. We should have everything! Spidey is the one who keeps advocating against the one thing I've wanted in the game since I got into the series. Breakin mah hart Ah thawt we wur frands!

I must defend! With all of my hippie integrity.
Scholar
#57 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:54 PM
OK OK OK. HOW is watching little people sit down with little instruments and play little songs you can't understand any more engaging than watching little people go around growing little plants to cook little foods you can't eat?

Also if you about farming being a boring active career... politics is already an active career.... WAT?

I don't understand the difference. You're still just sitting there watching while your character does something lengthy and boring. What do you find so much more entertaining about instruments than plants? Don't you -like- plants? They give you food! They help you breathe! Those are good things! :D

And if you recall they had live jamming sessions and a rock-star career in sims 3.... it wasn't exactly game-changing

I f&&&ing love music, like oh my god. It is my literal life. Its my passion.(You can't understand how excited I was when the fiddle came out in Sims 3, and then the crushing disappointment that it didnt really work) How is that hard to understand???? I was so excited by the pipe organ! I thought we literally just had this discussion in another thread? What is fun to one simmer isn't fun to the next one? Of course I love plants and eating them, but am I a farmer in real life? NO!

We can't have a civil conversation about what we'd like to see in the game without taking offense because someone said that they found a feature BORING?

Quote:
I don't understand the difference. You're still just sitting there watching while your character does something lengthy and boring.

You don't understand teh difference? So same shit, different pile? I've always hated gardening in all the sims, too tedious for me to bother. Its all the constant spraying of bugs and weeding, I just dont find time in my sims day to care for their needs. YOU think music is lengthy and boring, I think gardening is lengthy and boring.

Plants end up dying and getting neglected. The only plants that thrive in my game are the ones that are cared for by butlers (at all hours of the night). Even if my sim quit his job to earn money from growing plants, I wouldn't bother, watching the same tedious plant care actions over and over and over is just so boring.

Sorry, what is SO MUCH more entertaining about plants than musical instruments? We've already got g-d damn gardening, (Oh and herbalism) we need farming too? Yeah two can play the "Im going to italicize everything to emphasize my point emphatically" game.

Why can't we have both? Personally, I think it's high time EA provided us with another opportunity to hoedown.

For sure.
Theorist
#58 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:39 PM
I f&&&ing love music, like oh my god. It is my literal life. Its my passion.(You can't understand how excited I was when the fiddle came out in Sims 3, and then the crushing disappointment that it didnt really work) How is that hard to understand???? I was so excited by the pipe organ! I thought we literally just had this discussion in another thread? What is fun to one simmer isn't fun to the next one? Of course I love plants and eating them, but am I a farmer in real life? NO!

We can't have a civil conversation about what we'd like to see in the game without taking offense because someone said that they found a feature BORING?

You don't understand teh difference? So same shit, different pile? I've always hated gardening in all the sims, too tedious for me to bother. Its all the constant spraying of bugs and weeding, I just dont find time in my sims day to care for their needs. YOU think music is lengthy and boring, I think gardening is lengthy and boring.

Plants end up dying and getting neglected. The only plants that thrive in my game are the ones that are cared for by butlers (at all hours of the night). Even if my sim quit his job to earn money from growing plants, I wouldn't bother, watching the same tedious plant care actions over and over and over is just so boring.

Sorry, what is SO MUCH more entertaining about plants than musical instruments? We've already got g-d damn gardening, (Oh and herbalism) we need farming too? Yeah two can play the "Im going to italicize everything to emphasize my point emphatically" game.

For sure.

I never said gardening was more entertaining than music, I'm saying that -- for certain people -- they may be just as entertaining. I don't think it's fair to advocate against something someone else might really want just because it's not your major interest. This is a "What do you want to see in the game?" thread, not a "what might other people want but you're really not into and want to see ignored?" thread

Unless of course someone suggests something that's ridiculously impractical or unrealistic. Then it's okay to have a legitimate discussion about why that might be difficult to implement.

Also i'm a little bit less inclined to vote for music because I have a literal phobia of sound:x
Scholar
#59 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 8:22 PM
I never said gardening was more entertaining than music, I'm saying that -- for certain people -- they may be just as entertaining. I don't think it's fair to advocate against something someone else might really want just because it's not your major interest. This is a "What do you want to see in the game?" thread, not a "what might other people want but you're really not into and want to see ignored?" thread

Unless of course someone suggests something that's ridiculously impractical or unrealistic. Then it's okay to have a legitimate discussion about why that might be difficult to implement.

Also i'm a little bit less inclined to vote for music because I have a literal phobia of sound:x

I've heard someone else on the forum say that too! (Or was it you? I don't think so..) Yeah I can see how you might not want more musical instruments or a music career/pack.

Not fair to advocate against? But people are already like "Noooo, no more musical instruments, boring" ... So just I shouldn't do that?

I just personally don't see how its not already farming, with all the gardening you can do. What would people add to it to make it more, 'farming'?

I agree we should definitely have both. We should have everything! Spidey is the one who keeps advocating against the one thing I've wanted in the game since I got into the series. Breakin mah hart Ah thawt we wur frands!

I must defend! With all of my hippie integrity.

You gon be okay? Need to hold hands and talk about it? PS- when I said "Farming no way" I wasn't actually addressing anyone in particular.
Theorist
#60 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 8:35 PM
I've heard someone else on the forum say that too! (Or was it you? I don't think so..) Yeah I can see how you might not want more musical instruments or a music career/pack.

It was probably me, it's not like it's a common phobia. And I never said we shouldn't have a music career/pack even though musical entertainer is technically already in the game. The more careers the better!! The more the merrier!!1one. Music is something that a lot of people would absolutely love to expand on. I think it's a wonderful idea.

I just think that expanding the cooking ingredients to be more realistic (seriously, why is there no lettuce in my salad or eggs in my... uhh... eggs.) and allowing us to grow/mill grains, or raise chickens/milk cows is -also- something that I personally, and perhaps other people -- not you obviously -- might also enjoy as well. A pack that you could definitely chose not to buy. I kinda want my sims to have a pet chicken. Like a cat or dog, but a chicken. Oh my god, pygmy goats! OH MY GOD, TEACUP PIGS!!! :lovestruc

FFS please EA, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! :lovestruc

HOW

CAN

YOU

SAY

NO?!

You're a monster.
Scholar
#61 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:29 PM
It was probably me, it's not like it's a common phobia. And I never said we shouldn't have a music career/pack even though musical entertainer is technically already in the game. The more careers the better!! The more the merrier!!1one. Music is something that a lot of people would absolutely love to expand on. I think it's a wonderful idea.

I just think that expanding the cooking ingredients to be more realistic (seriously, why is there no lettuce in my salad or eggs in my... uhh... eggs.) and allowing us to grow/mill grains, or raise chickens/milk cows is -also- something that I personally, and perhaps other people -- not you obviously -- might also enjoy as well. A pack that you could definitely chose not to buy. I kinda want my sims to have a pet chicken. Like a cat or dog, but a chicken. Oh my god, pygmy goats! OH MY GOD, TEACUP PIGS!!! :lovestruc

FFS please EA, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! :lovestruc

You're a monster.

LOL I already know I'm a monster.

I kind of can understand about the music phobia believe it or not. I have misophonia so certain noises absolutely enrage me (repetitive noises esp. very high pitched sounds -but not instruments that are high, oddly)

Ummm teacup pigs don't actually exist,... http://modernfarmer.com/2014/03/never-buy-teacup-pig/ maybe you should study up on farming before getting involved in it?? LOL

Okay you might have me convinced to have the farm animals. Its just the gardening side of farming that makes me yawn! LOL I never would suggest they take gardening OUT...

It would have to be a self-employed career, wouldn't it, because of how time consuming it would be to care for all those animals and tend to crops and harvesting them. I mean what scale of farming we talking about? A small family farm or large scale farming? Would you want to include slaughter of farm animals? Because why else do people keep pigs? You couldn't really do anything else with that farmer sim because even one day away from crops and animals might result in deaths and crop loss. (just thinking how it works currently). They could have the SPCA come and take your animals away from neglect. Was that ever a thing in Sims 3?

Alright, lets have farming and more music.

When I said music career though I specifically meant rock star, singing career. I would like two branches at least, rock star and opera star or broadway star. This music career we have now is not that. It's a concert virtuoso. Classical stuff. The way they dress up for it indicates that no rock music is being played. They don't even need the singing skill for it. While this is not new stuff, I'd like to see the drum set and electric guitar brought back as part of that music career pack. I was so disappointed when Grimms (free) guitar that looked electric came out sounding like an acoustic guitar.

Did you ever get to play the SHOWTIME pack from Sims 3? I know thats ALSO not new, but I never got to play that (due to Sims 3 performance issues), so thats why its 'new' to me, and I'd love to see a pack like that in the future. A PACK. I would gladly pay for an expack like that.

I think I already mentioned in my initial post "i know its not new but..." when I mentioned wanting new kinds of instruments. So I did acknowledge the not-newness of it. Well, instruments we've never seen before would be new, but instruments themselves are not. For that matter farming isnt exactly new, if you had a large enough property to have many crops and horses on top of that, you could conceivably have a farm style life.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:50 PM
Yes! I've always wanted a classical singer track. I actually almost made a TS2 custom career with that back in the day (obviously it didn't get far).
Mad Poster
#63 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:57 PM
Anything singing related would have been in City Living. They probably should have scrapped the social media career and made a singing career. Do Karaoke, perform at lounges, busk, etc.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#64 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Anything singing related would have been in City Living. They probably should have scrapped the social media career and made a singing career. Do Karaoke, perform at lounges, busk, etc.

And they could have added an actual electric guitar to City Living. I wanna jam, damn it!
Theorist
#65 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 10:30 PM
Ummm teacup pigs don't actually exist...

I mean what scale of farming we talking about? A small family farm or large scale farming?

You couldn't really do anything else with that farmer sim because even one day away from crops and animals might result in deaths and crop loss.
They could have the SPCA come and take your animals away from neglect. Was that ever a thing in Sims 3?

Did you ever get to play the SHOWTIME pack from Sims 3? I know thats ALSO not new, but I never got to play that (due to Sims 3 performance issues), so thats why its 'new' to me, and I'd love to see a pack like that in the future. A PACK. I would gladly pay for an expack like that.

By "teacup pig" I just mean any smol pig. There are many smaller breeds of pigs that are sometimes kept as pets. I'm aware it's not a real thing. They are still cute <3

I think industrial scale anything is both ridiculous and out of the question for a life sim. This isn't farming Simulator. It would just be a small family farm for subsistence farming. Anything more than that would be overkill and difficult to implement xD

Just like babies, neither plants nor pets are in danger when you are playing another family. And one of my current families has every plant in the game on their lot, maxed quality. I'm not finding them difficult to maintain at all. Especially if you hire a gardener.

I'm pretty sure piano, bass, and drums, as well as the ability to jam, and perform gigs were added in Late Night, not Showtime. Singing however was added in showtime and was therefore not compatible with the music stuff... because THAT made sense...
Scholar
#66 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 11:23 PM
By "teacup pig" I just mean any smol pig. There are many smaller breeds of pigs that are sometimes kept as pets. I'm aware it's not a real thing. They are still cute <3

I think industrial scale anything is both ridiculous and out of the question for a life sim. This isn't farming Simulator. It would just be a small family farm for subsistence farming. Anything more than that would be overkill and difficult to implement xD

Just like babies, neither plants nor pets are in danger when you are playing another family. And one of my current families has every plant in the game on their lot, maxed quality. I'm not finding them difficult to maintain at all. Especially if you hire a gardener.

I'm pretty sure piano, bass, and drums, as well as the ability to jam, and perform gigs were added in Late Night, not Showtime. Singing however was added in showtime and was therefore not compatible with the music stuff... because THAT made sense...

"This isn't a farming simulator" - exactly. Couldn't agree more. Thats what I didn't want to see Sims 4/5 become.

I hired a gardener once...that was a disaster. The only one I found who could maintain the plants well so that they dont die was the butler.

You are right Singer (Singers do sing-a-grams on days without gigs, and players can micro-manage the flow of their songs (verse, chorus) on stage.) was part of Showtime, and jam/gigs was part of Late Night. Well, I know its asking a lot of EA, but a music pack that contained all of this in ONE pack (with piano and guitar being base game) would be ideal.

I'm not talking about plants and pets dying when you play another family. I'm talking about them dying when you leave for work everyday and then come home and need to take care of other basic needs. You can't just leave babies behind, you need a nanny/day care right? Nobody is caring for your plants if you arent there. I could never keep up with it and I didn't enjoy the repetitiveness of spray, water, spray, water, harvest. All of mine were perfect plants too but eventually I'd lose ambition and interest and they'd all die while my sims did other things. (I even had a perfect trash plant!) Again, I tried the gardener but that didn't really work out. Only the butler took care of the plants properly, staying up all night to water and spray. And no, my gardens were never particularly big :P
Mad Poster
#67 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 11:39 PM
What is it with people denying players mechanics by saying it's not an x, y, or z similar? The Sims is more than rifling through generations, dating, pets, and weather. The game doesn't need to adopt full on farming simulation mechanics for players to actually do some farming, especially when farming is a very fundamental part being alive in most rural areas.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#68 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
What is it with people denying players mechanics by saying it's not an x, y, or z similar? The Sims is more than rifling through generations, dating, pets, and weather. The game doesn't need to adopt full on farming simulation mechanics for players to actually do some farming, especially when farming is a very fundamental part being alive in most rural areas.

Well that's what were saying. We need to take some aspects of life, but not get carried away with the ideas tot he point where they could be their own game. that's all we're saying. That's all I was saying at least. I want farming, I want farming a lot. But I don't want an entire farmville in my sims game xD
Theorist
#69 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
So you're saying EA should barely scratch the surface when dealing with different themes like they did with bowling?

I give up, I can't please any of you people. Just delete all of my messages. I quit.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:28 AM
I give up, I can't please any of you people

I thought you were here to keep things spicy?
Theorist
#71 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:30 AM
I thought you were here to keep things spicy?

I say I want farming and people say nooo farming sucks, I we shouldn't have too much farming and someone says how shitty it is people use that excuse . I say we should find just the right balance of farming and people say they should try and go more in depth. WHAT THE PLUM DO WE ACTUALLY WANT?!

If this is what it;s like at EA headquarters it's no wonder they can't get anything done. It's surprising anyone still works there. They must have suicide nets around the building.
Scholar
#72 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:33 AM
Well that's what were saying. We need to take some aspects of life, but not get carried away with the ideas tot he point where they could be their own game. that's all we're saying. That's all I was saying at least. I want farming, I want farming a lot. But I don't want an entire farmville in my sims game xD

I can agree to this.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:34 AM
I say I want farming and people say nooo farming sucks, I we shouldn't have too much farming and someone says how shitty it is people use that excuse . I say we should find just the right balance of farming and people say they should try and go more in depth. WHAT THE PLUM DO WE ACTUALLY WANT?!

We want a game perfectly tailored to our specific desires and no one else's, of course :D
Theorist
#74 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:36 AM
I can agree to this.

oh thank GOD. I thought this was going to go on in circles forever.

I don't think there should be too much or too little of anything in the game. They need to be able to do topics with just enough depth that they don't feel half assed or rushed, but don't take up a disproportionate amount of resources like a fucking rock climbing wall.
Scholar
#75 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 4:08 AM
oh thank GOD. I thought this was going to go on in circles forever.

I don't think there should be too much or too little of anything in the game. They need to be able to do topics with just enough depth that they don't feel half assed or rushed, but don't take up a disproportionate amount of resources like a fucking rock climbing wall.

Lol yes. Do you have a "won the argument" happy buff now!!? XD

The rock climbing wall takes up a ton of resources?? I wouldn't know. I have it but I never paid attention to it.

I mentioned before I would have preferred an exercise bike and rowing machine instead of another treadmill and weight machine. Or free weights even.
Page 3 of 7