Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 9:13 AM
When I first started playing Sims 2 and for years after I failed to understand the appeal of farming in the Sims, however that was at a time when I still mostly/exclusively played fairly stereotypical, suburban families. Also as a preteen I had a aversion to farms due to the smell of animal dung.

Since I have started to play more diverse families I have found myself, time and time again in a position where I want to play a farmer family and each time that happens I have to contend with the gardening plants and fruit trees that came with Sims 2: Seasons. I know that there are some farm animal downloads, but they tend to be clunky and/or include NPCs, which can cause corruption, so I avoid those.

So an official farming expansion would be very appreciated (assuming Sims 5 is going to be playable).

I'd also love proper concerts and music instruments of course, particularly I'd like a harp (haven't played many of the Sims 3 expansions because "eww, Sims 3" but I believe we never got a harp...)
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
The rock climbing wall takes up a ton of resources?? I wouldn't know. I have it but I never paid attention to it.

Yes because they had to create animations for each state and by state I mean when a Sim is successful in climbing and when he fails and falls down with all possible permutations. Its not just a "climb/fall down" wall state because the object itself its animated.

This have a cost ...

Quote:
I mentioned before I would have preferred an exercise bike and rowing machine instead of another treadmill and weight machine. Or free weights even.

Maxis Sim team seems to be so focused on the LOL SO RANDOM!!! XD that kinda lost track of what matters, if animation is such a expensive issue then what does the rock climbing wall does for future content?

Nothing.

A rowing machine would allow then to have rowing animations that could be used in a later object, likewise with a exercise bike animations could be used later on a bicycle ... its kinda the same thing that was the Talking Toilet, they get focused on a item that they might think its oh so funny and hilarious but doesnt really add much to the game and have no further use, they are dead ends at a high opportunity cost because they will not help future content.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:04 PM
I guess the "come up with a ~LoLs RaNDom XDXd~ thing and run it into the ground" strategy has worked for them before with things that used to be weird and random and are the series' staples now, like sentient gnomes, llama themed stuff, the tragic clown... but they seem to have lost the ability to make those things silly and benign instead of grating and tryhard. That's.. kind of sad really
On a side note I had no idea the climbing wall was such a primo piece of crap though.

(✿ ❛ ▿ ❛)୨
Theorist
#79 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alrunia
I guess the "come up with a ~LoLs RaNDom XDXd~ thing and run it into the ground" strategy has worked for them before with things that used to be weird and random and are the series' staples now, like sentient gnomes, llama themed stuff, the tragic clown... but they seem to have lost the ability to make those things silly and benign instead of grating and tryhard. That's.. kind of sad really
On a side note I had no idea the climbing wall was such a primo piece of crap though.

The problem is lolsofunny things like the gnomes were harmless additions, like Easter eggs. everyone loves funny Easter eggs because they're non-intrusive. You feel kinda special for getting to notice it because you had to actually pay attention to notice them, and -that's- what made them funny, cute, random, etc. You can't -plan- something to be random, that's the point of it. something is neither random nor funny if you develop it with the express purpose of being random and funny :\ I think they've completely forgotten how comedy works.

I remember them talking about one story a simmer sent them where their sims were having and outdoor wedding and a meteor happened to fall on them. "OMG, that is so funny!" Said the Maxis team. "What if we give simmers the option to call meteors at will to make these kinds of stories!!!" -_-

I'm glad that never made it into the game.

It's clear from stories like this that the sims team simply doesn't know what "random" means anymore.

As a wise length of white fencing once said, "If everything is random, then nothing is."
Pssst @newlibertysims that's you.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alrunia

It's like if I tell you a really funny joke.

The first time, you're in stitches. You may even want to hear it again right after. It's the funniest thing on earth. I see you tomorrow, and I tell you the joke, you laugh a little, but you're rolling all over the floor like you were before. I tell you again the next day and you barely crack a smile. It's old already. TS4 has that problem. It lacks subtlety where it counts.

As above, some things were funny and memorable because they were Easter eggs, not a part of the main game. The Sims is a simulation game, full stop. It's the natural quirkiness of the simulation, the matured humor, and the rare events that made it memorable. TS4, obviously, hasn't gotten far with it's "weirder stories," and everything is literally in your face, all the time. Like the bird feeder. There's about a 15% change of seeing a sim get attacked by birds. That's kinda high. Imagine if it was 5%, with an added cool down, and you rarely saw it, but one day you're hovering over the sim and then suddenly...

You don't have to be a comedian to know that seeing something funny over and over again isn't funny, it's irritating.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#81 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It's like if I tell you a really funny joke.

The first time, you're in stitches. You may even want to hear it again right after. It's the funniest thing on earth. I see you tomorrow, and I tell you the joke, you laugh a little, but you're rolling all over the floor like you were before. I tell you again the next day and you barely crack a smile. It's old already. TS4 has that problem. It lacks subtlety where it counts.

You don't have to be a comedian to know that seeing something funny over and over again isn't funny, it's irritating.

Exactly, they're supposed to be rare "if you happen to be watching the one time it happens"

I recall that even during the height of TS2, not everyone yet knew that toddlers could steal bottles or escape from their cribs. Or things like the tragic clown or social bunny! These moments gave simmers reasons to keep playing. And the longer people keep playing, the more likely they are to buy DLC. But now you can actively summon the tragic clown at will, and there's no reason to keep playing long enough to see if it happens. They've sucked all of the fun and reason to play out of the game by trying to give us the random elements that made the game good, on-demand. There is a reason rare things are worth so much; It's because they're rare.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 8:29 PM
I didn't even know toddlers could escape from their cribs...

There's probably a billions more things I didn't know about TS2. I know most everything about TS4 and I hardly ever play it. Meanwhile, TS2 has been out forever and I keep learning more and more about it as time goes on.

Theorist
#83 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I didn't even know toddlers could escape from their cribs...

They do it like this!
:D
Forum Resident
#84 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:25 AM
How about additions from previous games being included in the fucking base game of the next installment??

Lol sorry. I must have been daydreaming again.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Theorist
#85 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Since I've suggested this before, expect to get answers along the lines of "too hard, too expensive" and "if EA added everything from previous games in the Sims 5 base game, the game would cost more than a ticket to a Lady Gaga concert."

I'm exaggerating, but people always seem to find a way to justify EA's methods.

Personally, I don't think it's asking for too much to have laundry, pets and rain in the base game (along with other basic features).

Considering this time they couldn't even give us toddlers. idk HOW you can expect pets
Rain and laundry could and should be base game features, though. Because they're things EVERY human being on the planet needs to deal with. Anything that is universal across all human beings should be base game.

You hear me EA? if you ever put death or taxes in an exp pack we'll riot.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
You hear me EA? if you ever put death or taxes in an exp pack we'll riot.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:11 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 17th Jul 2017 at 1:23 AM.
A tax expansion would mean a tax refund, and you know what people get with their refund checks? Things. Imagine the gameplay objects? It would be a reason to bring back that simulated sky diving & scuba diving tanks, because I GOT MY REFUND CHECK AND IT WAS ON SALE! NO I DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR A 20x20 TANK, BUT I WANT IT!!!!!

Theorist
#88 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:13 AM
I might sound like a horrible person, but I kinda want sims to be able to get injured. Like... fall off the playground - broken arm - wear a cast for a while. Things like that. Perhaps more dangerous illnesses. Currently the only one that is any trouble is Gas n Giggles with +2 playful towards death by hysteria. :\

OMG... Hiccups! I want hiccups!

I mean for my sims, not for me :x
Mad Poster
#89 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:21 AM
A Submachine Gun named missy so loud, it go ee-ee-ee-ee-ah, ee-ee--ee-ee-ah

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#90 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 5:04 AM
Now, I don't know if this has been a thing yet, but I would love like a combination of the workshop and the body shop. Wouldn't it be cool if you could get onto the workshop and get a new style for your shirt or a new pattern. I know that one thing that people didn't like about the Sims was the lack of style options, and I wholeheartedly agree on that. Finding good clothes is a struggle unless you use mods.

I also don't believe we need more realistic gameplay. Sure, maybe the AI could be touched up a little and the graphics kicked a notch, but we don't need to put in more responsibility into the game. I hear a lot of people complaining about how the Sims is straying away from a realistic simulation. It's a life simulator, but it's also a game. I believe we need to balance the fun with the realistic aspects of the game, because you can't have both.

Would I like to see farming? Yes, it'd be a great addition. It's realistic and it balances fun too.
Would I like to watch my Sim take a massive shit? No, it's too realistic and not fun.
Instructor
#91 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 5:33 AM
A combination of the traits and personality points mechanics...
Traits are inherent characteristics/talents, and personality points are the various nuances that comprise a character.
Example: A neat artist
A messy chef
Etc.

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Forum Resident
#92 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 8:07 AM
I want Sims 5 to focus on relationships between Sims. Make them deeper and more meaningful. Long-time friendships that are really important, bad romances, sims that your sim likes that don't like them or the other way around...
Theorist
#93 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I want Sims 5 to focus on relationships between Sims. Make them deeper and more meaningful. Long-time friendships that are really important, bad romances, sims that your sim likes that don't like them or the other way around...

I've wanted one-sided relationships since forever!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind

That would be great for me, If execution on implantation is done rigth. For some reason, in TS2 I don't really bother making friends for my sims for some reason. Somehow, I just can't find available time to do stuff for relationship building, with the exception of building romance between a sim or two.

Chemistry could take a return to the next iteration now since that you mention liking/disliking, as well as the turn on's/off's as the determining factors.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 3:31 PM
Room and object ownership should really be fundamental to the function of a household. Basically you plop down a room and assign it to a Sim, and every item added to that room belongs to that Sim. If any other Sim messes with those items or goes in the Sim's room it would result in some conflict. Also, Sims will be more likely to first participate with objects in their room than in other parts of the house.

In a household with multiple Sims, there would be a common area, not owned by one particular Sim, where any Sim can use the items but if they break anything or leave a mess it could cause conflict within the household. Imagine mixing slobs and neat freaks together.

From there the system can be expanded to have realistic gameplay for apartments, real estate, and public spaces.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Theorist
#96 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natrocity
Room and object ownership should really be fundamental to the function of a household. Basically you plop down a room and assign it to a Sim, and every item added to that room belongs to that Sim. If any other Sim messes with those items or goes in the Sim's room it would result in some conflict. Also, Sims will be more likely to first participate with objects in their room than in other parts of the house.

In a household with multiple Sims, there would be a common area, not owned by one particular Sim, where any Sim can use the items but if they break anything or leave a mess it could cause conflict within the household. Imagine mixing slobs and neat freaks together.

From there the system can be expanded to have realistic gameplay for apartments, real estate, and public spaces.

I love this idea, but now I've got this horrible image of EA trying to put loading screens between rooms in the same house!
Top Secret Researcher
#97 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 7:20 PM
I really want the combination of personality points (a la Sims 2) and traits (a la Sims 3). "Clumsy," for example, would be a trait. Neither "neat" or "slob" would be - you'd be somewhere on the neatness scale.

That's one thing I love about Sims 2 - asymmetrical relationships were possible. Frankly, that game's attraction/chemistry system is the best they've ever come up with. (Even counting the borked attraction item - "custom hair" never worked.)
Test Subject
#98 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Share your ideas and suggestions below!

1:Children in the sims 4 shouldn't be allowed to stay at home by themselves
2:speaking of number 1,a kid life stage,I think there should be one,basically this life stage comes after child and is supposed to look like a 8-9 year old kid,what would be different is of course apperance and they would be a little bit taller than a child plus the things they could do,like perhaps a kid could go to things like after school classes,do any cooking that only requires a counter like both salads,be able to read to toddlers and children and generally be a bit more independent.
3:A young teen life stage,iv'e never understood in the sims series how you can go from a child that looks about 6 to a teen that's aged at least 10 years,as the name suggest's it would be a life stage that continues from kid and is a sim that looks about 14,they still being just young teens could have relationship's but not doing the more adult things like exchanging rings,messing around or flirting,but like holding hands and kiss cheek and things like that,also they would be able to be left at home and can take full care of babies but not toddlers,they could also get part time jobs,but the jobs wouldn't have skill requirements and work time would only be at max four hours.
4:Job requirements,let's face it,it's unrealistic that you can get any job without having experience or skills,so as it suggest's to even get a job you would have to have certain skills,also there should be degree's as another requirement,depending on the job you'll have to get a certain degree at a certain level,higher level degree's have skill requirements but the lower one's don't.The higher the level of degree the more it cost's to pay for that set of classes,each degree you enter will have a day counter saying how many days you have left (the max level having 20 days) and will highlight which days class is on and at what time.
5:career bonuses,I don't think it's ever been done to this extent but basically each career your sim is in has different perk's,abilities,and interactions,like a progamer would have a 60% higher chance of winning game tournaments,get gaming item related discounts,have the ability to assess another sims videogaming level,and have the interaction to 'talk about iconic games' and 'share game theories'
6:Relationship recognising,I don't get why my sims would be sad over a stranger dying,yes they died but they were a stranger,basically sims would react to certain social and non social situations depending on the sim or sims there,like the degree's of emotion for a certain situation would depend on the relationship between the two sims as well as both their traits,example 1:A sim died,if they were strangers or acquaintances :Good sims:A +1 sad moodlet lasting 30 minutes called 'A sim died" At least their in a better place among the stars' Evil sims:+1 happy lasting 30 minutes 'someone died' 'That's one less sim to deal with',friends,good sims:2+ sad for a day 'my friend died' 'they were a good person' evil sims: 2+ happy lasting a day 'my 'friend' died' 'They were pretty annoying anyway',best friends:good sims: 4+ sad for 2 days 'my best friend died' 'They were the bestest friend a sim could ask for,why them?' evil sims: 4+ for 2 days happy 'my best friend died' 'i'm suprised they thought that we were best friends' girl/boyfriend and fiancee/fiance good sims: 10+ sad for 5 days 'my derest is gone' 'they was the penut to my jelly,the salt to my fries,but now their gone...' evil sims: 10+ sad for 5 days 'My derest is gone' 'even I have a heart when it comes to some sims,now we'll never get married' wife/husband:good sims:sad+15 for 12 days 'my soulmate died' 'We were supposed to be together forever,the brightest really do go out the quickest' evil sims:sad+ 12 for 12 days 'my one died' 'they were the only one that truly understood me,i'll miss them with all my being' and ect
Theorist
#99 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 10:50 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 18th Jul 2017 at 11:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
1:Children in the sims 4 shouldn't be allowed to stay at home by themselves
2:speaking of number 1,a kid life stage,I think there should be one,basically this life stage comes after child and is supposed to look like a 8-9 year old kid,what would be different is of course apperance and they would be a little bit taller than a child plus the things they could do,like perhaps a kid could go to things like after school classes,do any cooking that only requires a counter like both salads,be able to read to toddlers and children and generally be a bit more independent.

I'm confused, children ARE supposed to be like 8-9 years old....

well really they're supposed to be 5-10/13, cause uhhh, then it's off to high school! xD

Still, they certainly don't look 6 to me, not at all, I've worked with 6-year-olds, trust me, they're waaaaaaaay younger than these sims. I'd definitely age these kids at 8/9.

Though I agree wholeheartedly we need a pre-teen stage. That jump from 8 to 18 is not subtle... There's a lot that happens to a person in between. Those ten missing years are really important!
Instructor
#100 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:03 AM
WITHOUT the new parenthood pack, back when I did play, kids merely seemed akin to adults, without exclusive interactions. They weren't all that fulfilling to play. Even worse was my now favorite life-stage, teenagers, who were adults with less muscle tone, and voice depth... I'm sure these things have been at least partially rectified with the new pack, however I sill feel as though fundamentally speaking, every non-adult life-stage in TS4 is rather lacking, and I doubt I will ever revisit it-for now...
Therefore, I feel as though we need a whole new exclusive set of interactions for child, teen, and perhaps even preteen sims.
Not only would this greatly enhance one's immersion in the game, but it would also prove rather aspectual to the intricate balance maintained between realism, and fantasy apparent in earlier installments.

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Page 4 of 7