Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 13th May 2007 at 12:29 AM
OK, I have eliminated all of the inmates from Asylum house and it is ready for a new batch of inmates - but now I have a bunch of ghost former inmates filling the place. Should I keep them on-lot for the next run or should I shunt them off to the cemetary?

I kept waiting for them to burn the house down, but every time we had a cooking fire it would get at most 2 sims. So, for the record, final disposition of Sims:
Sane: Dead by satellite
Inmates: 3 by fire, 2 starved/scared, 2 sick/scared to death

Elspeth: a list of LTWs would be rather extensive. Perhaps you should choose a top career?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 13th May 2007 at 12:22 PM
For those that were asking, I tried playing today with the inmates as 'unselectable', and after they get miserable enough they'll try and leave the lot like any NPC would, so yes, it's a bad idea.
Instructor
#53 Old 13th May 2007 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elspeth
I don't have any EPs so I don't have lifetime wants. Does anyone have a list of what they are? I figure that way I'll just pick one and monitor it myself.

Typical LTWs are: Topping a specific career (any Aspiration), Earn $100,000 (Fortune), Max All Skills (Knowledge), Have 20 Simultaneous Lovers (Romance), have 20 (?) Best Friends (Popularity).

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
#54 Old 14th May 2007 at 4:29 AM
OK, it's really hard to do the challenge with a lot of ghosts about because they keep killing sims. I'm going to shift some off to the cemetary.
#55 Old 16th May 2007 at 9:08 PM
Thanks all, I've gone with reaching the top of a specific career. I keep losing sims in fires though.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 16th May 2007 at 9:41 PM
After my second fire, I changed the challenge rules a bit just for fun. My playable is a Doctor anyway, so I pretend he's an intern at this really shoddy asylum but he doesn't much care for the job, hence why he doesn't interfere to help out when things go wrong. When all the patients die, I make new ones and keep the new cash and pretend it's gov't funding to take care of the new crazy crop. He gets to leave when he's become a full fledged Doc (top of career) but until then he's stuck there.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:55 PM
um ok so i was playin this and my controlled sim was at work and they started this huge fire burning the stove!! so am i suppose to have them only have like idk sandwiches and ceral and instant meal?

stop by my personal site here. Now wouldn't that be awesome?
Field Researcher
#58 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 3:31 AM
You can't make them only have that stuff but you can try. :D

Once you figure out how to better keep them from cooking you really make it pretty easy on yourself. And a little bit boring. IMHO.
#59 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 3:10 AM
I've played this one once. On the first day, my sim went off to work and everyone else perished by fire. X_x I do think I will retry this though. >:3 With better building involved. >_>;
#60 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 10:10 PM
Sounds like a great challenge :clap: I think I´ll have to start right away although it´s waaaay past my bedtime :allnight: I haven´t been playing the sims for a while, partly because of Tomb Raider Anniversary :umm: , but also because it´s been so utterly boooring. Hopefully this´ll spark things up

Well then, I´m off to create some looneys :loco:
Test Subject
#61 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 12:24 AM
So I played this challenge. The first few simdays nothing interesting happenend. Yeah just my luck I have a boring asylumchallenge. Then all of a sudden the fires began. Up to 4 times a day!!! Only 2 insane sims survived. It never occured to me to stop the aging. So they became elders. My sane sim has been saved from elderhood due to a run in with the elixer of life dispenser. That is cheating I imagine. Well she was thursty so she drank the thing empty. She reached her ltw and left the asylum. I like her a lot so she is family material. I'm going to play this challenge again. It was fun.

Jeanine
#62 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 5:48 AM
Man. I'm playing this as we speak, and I can't help myself from cheating :/
I always check to see what's wrong if an uncontrollable character is yellow or below, just so they don't die. I think I should make them unselectable.
And relaxing on beds is a big problem for them - I checked on one guy who was really yellow, and he relaxed for so long he almost starved himself to death. XD
And also, I have pets. So my character's ltw is "Have 20 Best Pet Friends." xDD Which basically messed up the whole thing, so I'm pretending his ltw is to be the top of the Military career.
Oh well. I think I might start over or something. (: This is pretty sweet, though!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 1:36 PM
If you read my above post, you should note that you do not want to make them unselectable, they'll wander off the lot, never to return.
#64 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:44 AM
It's really weird, I've been playing for about ten sim days now, and i've had NO fires and NO deaths... at first I thought I just had really well behaved crazies, but it's getting a little annoying about how monotonous it is with no deaths or anything. I'm actually WISHING for a big fire, hahahah.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaddPuss
I've played this one once. On the first day, my sim went off to work and everyone else perished by fire. X_x I do think I will retry this though. >:3 With better building involved. >_>;

In my first build I gave them a shower/tub combo which meant they only took baths. Evil long baths.

Merrilees, good luck.

missmontignac 4 a day? Wow sounds like you had a pyromaniac. :D

Halei, I just cheat and change silly pet ltws. I will say that although looking at whats wrong isn't bad, helping them survive is just plain wrong. You should try to approach it thinking not if they are going to die but rather how quickly will they die. Don't grow attached to the other patients. :D

claudia777, some sims are just better at being on their own than others. I've had sims starve to death even with plenty of food available to them. What a shame to get a whole asylum full of sensible sims.
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 10:10 PM
Such fun!!
I totally lost this challenge - I think I came out at the end with like -100 points but it was so much fun!! This is the first challenge I've ever done; the whole reason I picked it was because it seemed so interesting.

I never used the money cheat once. The only thing I did that was forbidden was to have 2 chairs and 1 bed when I was only down to 2 people.

It took me 38 days to fulfill my lifetime want (chief of staff). On day 15, I lost 5 people to a fire! The day after that, a girl got scared to death by the ghosts. It was interesting to see. On day 37, the 7th person just got out of the bed one night and died right there. He was in green on his picture, so I have no idea what happened to him.

Now some tips on this one... I took someone else's hint and made 5 bedrooms that were 2x3 and put one single bed in each. Since you can only have 1 sink, put it in the kitchen. Get the toilet stall to put in your bathroom with a shower - not a tub. Too many people want to take stupid baths. For optimum toilet-using, build a different room for the toilet. Have a bookcase. Just trust me on this one.

I got very lucky with my die rolling, and ended up with 2 or 3 people who were Virgos. Boy did those people love to clean. One of my female patients who had a popularity personality was in platinum throught the whole thing until she died in that big fire. (I was amazed too.)

You will need A LOT of food. Call for groceries every 2 days. You'll need to, believe me.

Thanks so much for a great challenge!! This really was tons of fun!

Edit: after reading others' posts, my people really didn't act crazy at all! I'm so jealous. I had one guy think he was a monkey for a few days (the others would point and stare and do the 'loopy' motion by the side of their heads), but then he got over it! I think I may play this one again soon. hee hee!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 7:39 AM
I had the most boring Asylum Challenge ever. All of the patients were BFFs with one another, no one died, only one saw the shrink, four of them had 9 Logic skill points from using the telescope, etc. etc.

However!

I forgot I had hacks which forced Sims to store/eat leftovers, one which doesn't allow them to change the TV channel (this resulted in all but one of them maxing Cooking!), and the Social Sanity Fixes from MATY. I'm sure I don't deserve the score I got (372.4), but my flawed logic considers those hacks to be more for reducing annoyances than cheating. I realize that those were the ones responsible for making my Sims behave so logically. I'll try the Asylum Challenge again without any hacks and see if things change, which they probably will, and there will be deaths.

I just realized I gave them 2 sinks :banghead:. I should be more careful about following the rules next time.

I followed all the rules otherwise, and it took 22 days to reach the controllable's LTW of Mad Scientist.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
#68 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 3:41 PM
It was the most boring challange I have never had. Nobody has died. Everytime one of the sims set a fire my controllable sim was at home and I had to make him to call the fire dept. Because I don't want him to die with other sims. And my controllable sim's LTW was have 20 simultaneous pet best friends. At the end I've just quit.
Scholar
#69 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 1:24 AM
I know that this is something like 4 months after the fact but I want to say this to Elspeth :

All sims have lifetime wants, even those created with just the base game installed.

Sorry about inserting a pic but more than one person seems to have been confused on this point and one of them had joined this site in 2005 and posted in 2007 that her sims had no lifetime wants, which made me want to clarify this point. Particularly if it's confusing for someone who has been playing for 2 years and has yet to discover this feature...

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Field Researcher
#70 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 10:15 PM
Actually, pretty sure LTW came with Uni. So, you wouldn't have them base-game free.
Scholar
#71 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 12:19 AM
Seems you are right. Just checked with the Base Game Starter and there are no LTW with just the base game. My apologies to Elspeth and any others.

Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
#72 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 4:56 AM
I suppose the rules need to be updated for BV. I don't think vacations should be allowed - but then it might be hilarious, expensive, and really hard if you took all of the inmates on vacation with the sane sim...
Field Researcher
#73 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 3:20 PM
I totally had to cheat to get my sim into the Science career track. I was waiting a week to get the job by the newspaper. I had a fire and lost two sims in it. Lost two sims to hunger. Lost the last three to being scared to death by the first four's ghosts.
Scholar
#74 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 1:23 AM
That sux...

Is that you, PennyLane71, or is ChihoSan someone who just had identical problems to Penny?

Field Researcher
#75 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 1:51 AM
identical problems
Page 3 of 36