Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 6:46 PM
Default Weekly stipend help?? Stipend is missing?
So I'm having trouble, I am a self employed artist in the sims 3, aren't i supposed to have a stipend? I don't see it, I remember having one before. Do I not have one for a little while til I'm promoted or something? Help I thought maybe a mod/cc might be glitching the game, so i took all my mods/CC out, but still nothing??
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 8:50 PM
Maybe it was a mod to begin with? I don't recall my self-employed artists/writers/etc having any stipends.
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 9:44 PM
No, self-employed sims don't get stipends. Only sims employed in professions do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
No, self-employed sims don't get stipends. Only sims employed in professions do.

Are you sure? D: Why does it say "So and so until promotion" What promotion? I don't understand. I swear I used to get one.
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 4:04 AM
The promotion for self-employed sims means they get a new title and more pay for their work, I think.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
Are you sure? D: Why does it say "So and so until promotion" What promotion? I don't understand. I swear I used to get one.
Yes, pretty sure. The career panel doesn't even mention a stipend. The career levels in self-employment don't come with any perks, except for the new titles and sometimes a bonus payment when a Sim reaches a new level. I don't even think that a self-employed level 10 painter receives more money for a painting than a level 1 painter based on their career level. Pay per object is only determined by the quality of the object and the consignment skill of the Sim if you sell things via the consignment store.
Alchemist
#7 Old 30th Mar 2016 at 5:01 AM
Self employment doesn't receive stipend. They earn money based on the things they craft or sell. The job title is basically so that your Sim is registered as working instead of unemployed. This is a thing that I really like, because in TS2, a full-time writer Sim is still considered unemployed, which is frustrating, but not if you're self-employed in TS3.

Just call me Nikel