Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:33 PM
Default How to change Username? Need Admin help
Well I'm really called Kira and am a girl I used my bfs name and email at first as didn't have one at the time, so would I be able to change my name? Thanks

If this is not in the right place I am sorry and could it pleased be moved/deleted if not allowed
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:27 AM
First: track down or make up a funny story. This really is a requirement. Seriously.

Once you have your funny story, go to http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=734 and post a new thread with your funny story and your desired username. Then wait a while. Names get changed in batches when the admin in charge of changing names has time to do it.

"A While" can mean a month or two. If your post is being voted as funny you don't have to worry unless other name changes happen and yours didn't.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
First: track down or make up a funny story. This really is a requirement. Seriously.

Once you have your funny story, go to http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=734 and post a new thread with your funny story and your desired username. Then wait a while. Names get changed in batches when the admin in charge of changing names has time to do it.

"A While" can mean a month or two. If your post is being voted as funny you don't have to worry unless other name changes happen and yours didn't.

Ok thanks I will probs just give a good reason XD Im no good at funny stories, I watch south park to make me laugh hahaha
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:50 AM
I have no desire to change my user name, but I like making up funny stories so I'm tempted to do this someday just for kicks. I wonder if ghost-writing is frowned upon, some of us could market this service (if we were any good at it).
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Can't you just create a new account?
I don't think that this is really advisable. First, you lose your post history and, secondly, the admins might see this as an attempt at creating a sock account. Duplicate accounts are against the rules and might get you banned.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:53 PM
You change titles with post counts, unless you donated and made a your own title. I think that's a fun feature. I didn't perticulary like being a mad poster though.

Perhaps Igazor can make a fun story for the OP?
Site Helper
#9 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I have no desire to change my user name, but I like making up funny stories so I'm tempted to do this someday just for kicks. I wonder if ghost-writing is frowned upon, some of us could market this service (if we were any good at it).

I've actually asked that question. I was told that unless I wanted to end up having people expect me to do it for everyone I should probably send it to them in a PM. But as long as the one asking for a change is the one posting the story it didn't matter who wrote it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 6:10 PM
Yeah I actually really like my history on here, I'm the one who is always in caw and often asks for advice on here, by the way I really appreciate all of the advice with caw I have got on here its amazing that you guys know so much ! And thanks to everyone who has replied on this topic, I will get around to trying to give a good reason why I want my name changed soon XD Mainly just because Lloyd is deffo a boys name and I'm a girl and I have now changed it to my email so he never has to bother with my sims stuff anymore hahaha but other than that its not a issue, yeah when I needed to come on MTS I didnt have a email that I remembered a password to so had to use my bfs

Though if anyone (Hints Igazor ) wants to make me a story and if its allowed that be awesome :D
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:11 PM
Well then, maybe what we should providing for others to use are not funny stories but a collection of funny story templates with a disclaimer that a large amount of customization is going to be needed or else those in charge and other members "voting" on them are going to get annoyed at seeing (almost) the same stories over and over rather than be amused. Sort of like when professors and other graders notice that half of the term papers they are grading for some reason read almost as if they were written by the same person.

Examples, but these are free samples and not meant to be used as is as they aren't very original:

There once was a sim from Riverview
Who could dream of nothing but woohoo
He woke up in the night...
(oh wait, I've already used this one on here for something else so never mind)
=================================
A vampire, a werewolf, a mummy, and a plant sim walk into a LN venue.
The mixologist looks up and says, "What is this, some kind of joke?" (fill in the quote with something more creative and continue)
A sim walks into their doctor's office with a banana stuck in their ear, a carrot up their nose, a flame fruit sticking out of their pocket, and a plate of goopy carbonara down their pants. The Level 10 physician gives them a quick glance and just says, "Looks like you're not eating right."
(some EP content substitutions may be required)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Well then, maybe what we should providing for others to use are not funny stories but a collection of funny story templates with a disclaimer that a large amount of customization is going to be needed or else those in charge and other members "voting" on them are going to get annoyed at seeing (almost) the same stories over and over rather than be amused. Sort of like when professors and other graders notice that half of the term papers they are grading for some reason read almost as if they were written by the same person.

Examples, but these are free samples and not meant to be used as is as they aren't very original:

There once was a sim from Riverview
Who could dream of nothing but woohoo
He woke up in the night...
(oh wait, I've already used this one on here for something else so never mind)
A vampire, a werewolf, a mummy, and a plant sim walk into a LN venue.
The mixologist looks up and says, "What is this, some kind of joke?" (fill in the quote with something more creative and continue)
A sim walks into their doctor's office with a banana stuck in their ear, a carrot up their nose, a flame fruit sticking out of their pocket, and a plate of goopy carbonara down their pants. The Level 10 physician gives them a quick glance and just says, "Looks like you're not eating right."
(some EP content substitutions may be required)

Hahaha those are very good, particularly the last one made me laugh XD So I could maybe try and tweak one of them then? If not I could try and think of one, I thought it had to be about real life not sims so sounds fun actually :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
I know girls who would use boyish names on the Internet. But they're mostly butch SJW tomboys from DeviantART and Tumblr.

I most definitely not butch or a tomboy XD
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:43 PM
Is "butch SJW tomboys vs weebs" the 2017 equivalent of "chavs vs greebs"? I feel so old.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:49 PM
Grandma, what's a greeb?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:43 AM
lol had to look up SJW tomboys and man that is some horrible fashion sense imo XD shudders
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:57 AM
Still better than what passes for regular hip fashion nowadays...especially the Harry Potter glasses, the raggedy oversized high waisted denim crap and the weird chrome-looking makeup.
I'd rather be a multi-gendered queerotronic preppy jerk. Besides, the search results I'm getting look pretty good for the most part, if not a bit tacky sometimes.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )