Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:18 PM
Default Downloading the free gift cars?
For some reason, I'm having difficulty downloading the two free cars I got as gifts when I pre-ordered the CE. The website link it says to go to to download the car isn't working on the one, and the other one just points me to registering on The Sims 3 website, when I've already done that.

I assume I'm doing something wrong, so anyone with a bit of knowledge, care to help a Simmer in need?

Thank youu!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:46 AM
I had this problem as well. I just kept at it, and in fact, had to have my password reset twice before I actually was able to get the screen to let me download it. So, my advice is to just keep at it. I am sure it is something on their end, but not sure what.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:42 PM
Thanks. I'll give that a try when I'm back at my pc.
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:49 PM
Mine are not working either, Both the normal car and the pre-order car. Both go onto the installer but then say 'You do not own this item'
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:19 PM
But my problem is that I can't even open the web page to download them. :s
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:10 AM
Same here...I was just going to wait a while and try to download it a little later on...

"Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart." - William Butler Yeats
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:17 AM
Did you join the sims3 website?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:34 AM
The EA sims 3 website let me put in the codes for both cars, then said they were downloaded to the game launcher. But when I go to my game launcher, there is a red circle with a line thru it and it will not let me place them in my game. Someone please help!
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:27 AM
I have the same problem. When I tried to download it the first day I would get a red message that said they were not able to redeem the code at this time. When I try to download it now I get the red X. I'm just having trouble with the vintage sport car, I didn't have trouble with the European sports car.

Some people at The Sims 3 website said they were having the same problem and clearing the cache worked for them, but I tried it and it didn't work for me.

Another person said that they called the support line and the support people said that they were having a problem with a batch of the codes. They were given a new code and that one worked.

This is what they have on the support website.
Quote:
Unfortunately, we are currently having problems with the download site for the free sports car. We are working to resolve the issue shortly.

Note: Please use the Notify me... link at the bottom of this answer if you would like to be updated when this issue has been resolved.

Tomorrow I'm going to call support and see if they will really give me a new code and see if that one will work.

"If it had not been for the wind in my face, I wouldn't be able to fly at all." - Arthur Ashe
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:14 AM
I've been having this problem. I've been mailing back and forth with a EA support guy for the past 4 days.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:43 PM
I've managed to redeem my sim points but I'm still unable to find/load the pages I need to download these cars.