Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2023 at 9:10 PM Last edited by Athilannu : 13th Jun 2023 at 10:15 PM.
Default Want to create a psychology therapy session interaction
Hello, this is the first time i am getting involved with creating a mod myself and i would like to know if there is a mod similar to the one i described already and if you think that its a complicated project to be my first attempt to mod. Also any suggestions on how to start
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Jun 2023 at 12:58 AM
Welcome!

It depends a little on how you imagine the interaction would work.
For example, an animated interaction between two sims would be quite advanced. Adding an interaction to a rabbithole (buildings Sims disappear into) such as the hospital, would be more straightforward.
It also depends on what skills you might already have. Pure script modding is on the complicated end of TS3 modding in general, but if you're familiar with programming that is less of a hurdle.

The Generations expansion has a 'Get Therapy' option on the hospital for Sims having a midlife crisis. You could look for the script for that and see if you can add more triggers for that to appear.
A couple of other interactions that appear on the hospital depending on a moodlet are Seasons 'Get Flu Shot' and ITF's time sickness.

It might also help to look at existing mods that add interactions and see how they work, such as Enhanced Hospitals.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2023 at 9:32 AM
Thank you very much! You helped a lot. I was thinking something more like an animated interaction. Two sims sitting and discussing for a certain amount of time. I would like if a doctor or a psychologist (from an already existing mod) to be able to initiate this interaction. And lastly I would like it to give some charisma and logic points to the therapist! I probably aimed quite high for my first mod! 🤣 Perhaps i should start with the basics. I am quite familiar with some coding and i could have help if it was needed. But please if you come across with something like that that already exists let me know. I would really like it if my sims could have like an office and do some therapy as part of their career!🙏
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Athilannu
Hello, this is the first time i am getting involved with creating a mod myself and i would like to know if there is a mod similar to the one i described already and if you think that its a complicated project to be my first attempt to mod. Also any suggestions on how to start

Hi, I have a mod similar to what you're interested in. Happy to give tips. You can check it out here: https://www.tumblr.com/olomayasims/...ry?source=share
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2023 at 3:05 PM
Default Thank you so very much
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
Hi, I have a mod similar to what you're interested in. Happy to give tips. You can check it out here: https://www.tumblr.com/olomayasims/...ry?source=share

I cant thank you enough!! This was what i needed for my game for so long! 🙏🙏