Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The SEP (Slot Enable Package) v. 1.2 *UPD 19may08*

by Numenor Posted 28th Mar 2006 at 10:51 PM - Updated 19th May 2008 at 1:18 AM by Numenor : Updated to "Kitchen & Bath" SP

406 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 383 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 17
Forum Resident
#126 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 10:27 AM
not before, but between installing and using.
Test Subject
#127 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 9:31 PM
not worthy
:bow: wow this is such a :gidea: :idea: what would us :meh: plain janes do without such :thumb: great modders like u we r not worthy :clap: :bow2:
Forum Resident
#128 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 12:17 AM
Genius, as usual. Thanks
Test Subject
#129 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 12:27 AM
Many Thanks again for all your great work and Time.
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 8:11 AM
This was a brilliant idea -- and it works beautifully. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 11:40 AM
Thanks a ton.
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 6:53 PM
Grande Numenor..questo lo aspettavo da tempo!
Very coooool, Thanks :D

Here Again For Pets!
If someone have the patience to help me with 3ds max...please contact me!
Byeeeee!
Forum Resident
#133 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 3:51 AM
I...I...love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inventor
#134 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 8:17 AM
That's really great. Thankyou - Numenor ! Your're the greatest.
Test Subject
#135 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 5:07 PM
Thankyou! I have been waiting for this since I got my game back in October 2004!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]The Sims doesn't control my life... I just can't stargaze with a telescope between the hours of 10 and 2 in case I get abducted![/COLOR]

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,Rachel.png[/url]
Test Subject
#136 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 8:04 PM
You're absolutely brilliant, i have already have the usable corner counters and this will make a nice addition to my collection...Thank You.
#137 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 9:51 PM
i am having some trouble with the slot enable package. it seems to be affecting all objects, including windows and doors! this doesn't work to well, because i can no longer place them. i love the concept and how it affects the rest of my objects, i just want to be able to put doors and windows in my houses. i have tried deleting the file and even reinstalling the game, but my doors and windows are still affected. any ideas?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 10:45 PM
You have removed the SEP and reinstalled the game, and still you have the same problem. So, why are you inclined to think that the SEP is to blame?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#139 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 3:59 AM
"The ModFather", LOL I LOVE it, and so appropriate! Thank you once again for a fantastic addition.
Field Researcher
#140 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 3:24 PM
You are a genius. This seems like something Maxis should have thought of and included in the game, routinely. Sometimes I wonder what they do all day. ;-)
Thank you for making our game more playable every day.

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
Test Subject
#141 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 7:00 PM Last edited by Cozzu : 5th Apr 2006 at 7:29 PM. Reason: I actually read the previous comments
This seems to work perfectly as long as the counter is a Maxis counter (I presume that recolors of Maxis counters will be OK, too). When I tried it with a custom counter the counter wouldn't snap to the normal corner counter L-shape and time froze. Otherwise it's wonderful.

*edit*
I actually read the previous comments now. So I assume that custom counters would need to be "SEP enabled" to have this mod work? I hardly ever use Maxis counters.
#142 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blizt3r
could it be because you have the userStartup.cheats file that causes the snapObjectstogrid to turn false ?
that got er. thanks for the help, and the quick reply. apologies to Numenor, i never should have doubted u.
Test Subject
#143 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 11:58 PM
Thanks, I've been looking for this sort of thing.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. And, I'm standing right on it!!!
Test Subject
#144 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 3:47 AM
I've traced the problem with the time freeze to a couple specific custom counters in my game. The time freeze goes away when the offending counter is deleted. Other custom counters just don't work but time doesn't freeze up.

shhhh....I actually use more Maxis counters than I thought....I've wanted something like this forever, so now I can be happy again...
Field Researcher
#145 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 3:50 AM
Your ideas are wonderful. Thank you so much for all you do.

Poetry soothes the mind, art pleases the eye, but music touches the heart.
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 3:49 PM
Very Well Done
Test Subject
#147 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
(Reserved)

Thanks of this. :moose: :moose: :moose:
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:25 PM
I've been wishing for something like this for years! Thank you so much!

<33 A
Test Subject
#149 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:53 PM
Oustanding hardly even seems adequate

I usually bung a plant or a radio in the corner, but now I will actually be able to use it so TA VERY MUCHLY!
Test Subject
#150 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 9:23 AM
brilliant. now no space to waste in the kitchen. THank you.

Oh I made the buyable brown cow plant if any body was wondering.

not made anything else since. no time. :sorry:

WHEN THE WORLD GETS TOUGH RUN AND HIDE.
WHEN YOU GET TOUGH RUN ANY WAY COS YOU JUST WON'T BEAT IT.

IF THE WORLD GOES WEAK THEN GET EVEN.
Page 6 of 17