Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#9776 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I've done some of the ones from debug mode (you can find them on my tumblr), and I know that there is someone else working on converting some of the buy mode stuff. IDK what value it has as a TS4 game yet, but it's one of my favorite TS2 (sort of) stuff packs. :P

Oh, you're Early Pleasantview lol. I saw your stuff after I made my post, but was too lazy to edit my post to say that I found some conversions. Thank you!

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9777 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 5:45 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 4th Mar 2019 at 9:09 PM. Reason: Added links to the Futureshock set and the conversions for comparison - and I mixed up Dishwasher and CLOTHES WASHER cuz I was tired AF LOL
Here is the Futureshock Set: https://store.thesims3.com/setsProd...ategoryId=13202

And here is the conversion: http://www.theninthwavesims.com/201...for-sims-2.html

It has the Mainframe Double Bed (with bedding), the Mainframe Micro Desk, Mainframe Linear Chair - desk/dining chair,
Micro Cosmic Light Globule - table lamp, Cyber creeping vine - a wall plant, and the Nanonovel Bookshelf (there is another that isn't included). It's missing these items (hidden behind spoiler to avoid textwall clutter) :

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9778 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Alpha Amplitude Dishwasher (not essential since Sims 2 doesn't have dishwashers except in mods)

Say what? The game has dishwashers in it. Also, I feel as though Veranka may have done some?
Mad Poster
#9779 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 7:52 PM
@JDacapo go here and read up on the 4 dishwashers in the sims 2. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Dishwasher No mod needed.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#9780 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
This would help me out a lot in my hood where unauthorized pregnancies mean the woman has to hide. I've lost a lot of women to the stupid maid discovering them.

Oh, just read through the whole thread. @Roxellen, how do I turn on the debugger?

You just place the object on your lot somewhere. It doesn't need to be turned on or off. To cancel all your scheduled service sims, just click on the batbox, select "Nuke" and then select "Sim Schedulers". This will cancel all scheduled service sims. "Sim Schedulers" will only appear if you have hired service sims. If the option is not there, you don't have any hired help to cancel.
Theorist
#9781 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:21 PM
I know it's probably not possible but:

The Vampires from Sims 4 in Sims 2. All those powers, and a vampire form, and actually drinking blood and not being useless blue blehbleh things.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#9782 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:07 PM
@Marka93 @Hugelunatic Ugh sorry I was a bit out of it. I mixed up dishwasher and clothes washer. I am a dunce. ><

It was late last night and I was thinking about Sims 3 Ambitions and I was tired AF LOL
Lab Assistant
#9783 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:33 PM
More feminine clothing for male-bodied Sims that aren't completely sexualised or have breasts added on. Occasionally I have transgender Sims, and while there's plenty of masculine clothes for female bodied Sims, I've found it hard to find the same for men

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Mad Poster
#9784 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 10:20 PM
Well, along with the entire Futureshock set (including the dishwasher even though I am dunce AF) I would like to see some adaptations of items from Lunar Lakes - possibly including those neat little crystal trees. And yes, dishwashers. Which do exist in Sims 2 XD
Instructor
#9785 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 3:27 PM
A way to convert TS3/TS4 anims in TS2 anims. I would go frenzy into gathering all those anims, in order to have more functional converted objects and new fun interactions.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#9786 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I know it's probably not possible but:

The Vampires from Sims 4 in Sims 2. All those powers, and a vampire form, and actually drinking blood and not being useless blue blehbleh things.

Midgethetree has some nice stuff for vampires - "tabula rasa" spell like the AL witches, use influence for free, various motive decay mods, vampires can do voodoo like the BV voodoo doll, vampires can't eat food, etc.

Lots of fun stuff!
http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/tagg...ads%3A-vampires
Alchemist
#9787 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:54 PM
about sims3/sims4 to sims2 or vise versa; from my understanding, both games have a SimPE equivalent. though I am not sure where those equivalents are at.
and from my understanding, the respective program helps in the conversion to or from respective game; though I am not sure of all the steps involved. yet I take various sites have tutorials for that.
Instructor
#9788 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
about sims3/sims4 to sims2 or vise versa; from my understanding, both games have a SimPE equivalent. though I am not sure where those equivalents are at.
and from my understanding, the respective program helps in the conversion to or from respective game; though I am not sure of all the steps involved. yet I take various sites have tutorials for that.

For anims, I never manage to do it even with changing the bone names & co : it just create a mess, I think because of the XYZ axes, no ?
If someone know a way to do it (even if it needs a difficult process), please tell me !!! You can PM me.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Lab Assistant
#9789 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 8:36 PM
I was just thinking about it, and fixed ghost animations for child and under would be my #1 thing I'd like to see. I know theres mods to keep them from haunting, but what if you /want/ ghost children haunting your lot that don't have broken animations?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Alchemist
#9790 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 8:57 PM
What's wrong with the animation?
Lab Assistant
#9791 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 9:31 PM
They just jump around the lot rather than floating, iirc. It's been a while since I let child Sims die, though, and I don't think it's possible vanilla.

Instructor
#9792 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 2:57 PM
A mod that lowers the rate of sims catching a cold in the summer, and raises the rate during the winter. It's really stupid how sims can get the flu every five minutes during the summer. Like who has the flu when it's 95 degrees (fahrenheit) outside?

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#9793 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Boosterbear
They just jump around the lot rather than floating, iirc. It's been a while since I let child Sims die, though, and I don't think it's possible vanilla.

Are you saying there is such a thing as GHOSTS of toddlers & kids?! I've rarely seen kids die, and thought toddlers COULD NOT die.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Undead Molten Llama
#9794 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 8:00 PM
What's wrong with the animation?

Basically, that there isn't one. Child ghosts just sort of teleport around the lot in lieu of animated floating about like their older counterparts. They can still scare, though, which is enough for me, personally. And yes, it is entirely possible for children to die in a vanilla game. They can die of sickness, and I believe they can die in fires. Pretty sure they can drown, too, and be struck by lightning and die from the resulting low motives. I don't think they can starve, but I could be wrong about that. Toddlers can't die, but children definitely can.

As for a mod that I'd like to see? A mod that makes antagonistic relationships better and not so cartoony. There are lots of mods out there that make romance better/more realistic, but not the other end of the spectrum. Instead, it just devolves into silly physical brawls, which is amusing for a while, but gets old quickly, especially when everyone else's queues get stomped to go watch the fight, and it just isn't realistic, for those of us who like more realistic gameplay. And if a Sim doesn't interact with their enemy, then eventually they're no longer enemies. Which I guess makes sense in a way, but I just find it tiresome to have to maintain antagonistic relationships. It think that if Sims are enemies they should stay that way permanently, unless one or the other works to repair the relationship.

So I'd like to see things like...I dunno, maybe have an enemy call you on the phone and insult you via dialog boxes. Or just have more interactions that DON'T become fights because in the real world enemies don't usually have physical fights because you'd end up in jail for assault. Maybe if an enemy happens to work in the same career, they can sabotage you and get you fired/demoted unfairly. (Or you could get them demoted/fired.) Or an enemy could get you (or you could get them) in trouble at school, if we're talking kids/teens. That sort of thing. Even if it was just dialog boxes that have no real effect. It'd be something. I dunno, it just seems to me that there should be more to bad relationships in the game than just silly slapping around and fighting and, I suppose, a "bad reputation" with the AL reputation system...which doesn't seem to have very many consequences, either, now that I mention it. :\

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#9795 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Boosterbear

Thanks. Kids can die in fires and pools, but not in other ways. Grammapat, toddlers can't die.

ETA - Thanks to you too, iCad. I started writing this before you posted.
Alchemist
#9796 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Are you saying there is such a thing as GHOSTS of toddlers & kids?! I've rarely seen kids die, and thought toddlers COULD NOT die.
only way for Toddlers to die is through either "Rodney's Death Creator" (Spawn object) or various hacks (insimenator is one).
Child sims; I take 3 deaths without player intervention. Burning, Drowning, Disease.
Alchemist
#9797 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 8:59 PM
Kids can't die from disease. When they get sick enough to die, the social worker will come and take them away.
Lab Assistant
#9798 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 9:01 PM
Even if you have a no-social-worker mod?
Undead Molten Llama
#9799 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 9:10 PM
Kids can't die from disease. When they get sick enough to die, the social worker will come and take them away.

Yeah, you're probably right. I've had a no social worker mod forever plus RealSickness, so I have lots of kid (and older) death when they get sick.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Inventor
#9800 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 9:28 PM
Either a hack that makes reading a generic book (i.e. Mystery, Romance, Children's, etc.) fulfill the Read Novel want, or one that fixes the broken pre-written novels so that they don't poof into non-existence the second they are put away in a bookcase. I have a lot of sims who end up with enough Film and Literature enthusiasm to roll Read Novel wants, but almost never any novels for them to read! The whole set-up is really odd as it is, since without a mod you can't sell sim-written novels and sims can only buy the pre-written ones if you have a sim-owned store. It's rare enough that I have an author sim who writes and sells/gifts them (via duping and a mod). I've been cheating fulfillment with ctrl+click when I send them to read a generic book, but it'd be nice for it to be handled automatically.

ETA: iCad's post on fighting reminds me that I'd like to also see a hack that allows parents to break up and/or lecture their kids for fighting.
Page 392 of 576