Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 12:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Inner roof tiles issue houseboat
Hey guys,

I'm renovating my houseboat and I'm trying to add a roof through the use of roof tiles. I edited the color of some default roof tiles, but while the edges show up as they should, the inner tiles are very weird. Almost see-through transparent or something.
Does anyone know what is going on here: https://imgur.com/a/vT5Ml ? I want to make sure the inner tiles have the same brown color as the outer tiles, as it goes well with the wood I'm about to plaster on my walls (and already have on my floors).

The default roof is turned off. I even turned it on, generated a roof, deleted it manually and then turned it off again, but that just removed my roof tiles altogether, so I undid everything >.< I did make sure the roofs are turned off though.

Any help would be appreciated.

System info (I don't expect it has to do with anything here):
- Desktop (brand new)
- Windows 10 64-bit (updated)
- Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8 core CPU (this is what DxDiag says but I believe its 4 cores plus extra threads)
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Nvidia Gefore GTX 1070 8GB GPU

I own all TS3 EPs, no SPs, Steam version, thus game version 1.67
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
don't use roof tiles, use regular floor tiles.

Only for the inner part?
Why shouldn't you use roof tiles, but floor tiles on a roof? This causes a conflict in my brain :S
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 10:36 AM
Honestly, I've only realize there are these flat roof tiles recently. For the longest time, I simply use floor tiles for flat roofs. So the honest truth is that I have absolutely no idea what roof tiles do? But I do know floor tiles worked great in everything I've built. You can use CAST to change any tile to whatever design you want your roof to look like.

I guess I will try that, then, but will the game still recognize it as a roof then? Maybe a silly question, but I have to ask :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:00 PM
yeah. it works fine.
Thank you, then I will do that. Still very strange though that roof tiles would become almost transparent.