Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 5:40 PM
Default Unlink fridges
My sim owns multiple residential lots in the same town. All of the fridges are "linked" by default in all of the lots. IE: If I place something in the fridge in Lot A, it is accessible on Lots B and C. Fridges linked within the same lot are fine, but I don't want them linked from one lot to another. Is there any way around this, while still retaining ownership of each lot as a residential lot? Mods are fine as a solution, so long as they dont cause other issues
Advertisement
Site Helper
#3 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:23 AM
If you aren't putting leftovers in the fridge, you can use Treeag's Storage box http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407111 to put the food in. Leftovers go stale, so they need to be in a real fridge.
This isn't a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If you aren't putting leftovers in the fridge, you can use Treeag's Storage box http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407111 to put the food in. Leftovers go stale, so they need to be in a real fridge.
This isn't a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing.

Thanks, but unfortunately it HAS to be a fridge. I am using douglasveigas' Gardening Service 2 mod and it requires a fridge for the produce or else it gets shoved into my sim's inventory. I am trying to find a way essentially to "compartmentalize" the produce from each lot to its own fridge on that lot.
Site Helper
#5 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:08 AM
In that case, I think I would see if Arsil's Cooler qualifies as a fridge for mod purposes.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=578300 (And if it works, I would follow the instructions to make the ice pack expiration go away. It really does get annoying to keep going into Buy mode and getting another ice pack.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
In that case, I think I would see if Arsil's Cooler qualifies as a fridge for mod purposes.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=578300 (And if it works, I would follow the instructions to make the ice pack expiration go away. It really does get annoying to keep going into Buy mode and getting another ice pack.)

Well that certainly looks promising, if it is recognized as a fridge by the Gardening mod. I will play around with it tomorrow when I am more awake Thanks very much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:27 PM
Unfortunately that didnt work

I removed the fridge from one of the lots, placed the cooler, confirmed the cooler itself works, and let the Gardeners do their thing. They ignored the cooler and started stocking a fridge on another lot. The cooler only has a capacity of 15 unique items anyway. Plus you have to actually be on the lot to interact with it. Both a little inconvenient for what I am trying to do, but I could have worked around it if it had accepted the produce dump.

Oh well its a neat little item I can tote around with me while tomb raiding, so there is that at least :D
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:12 AM
I've tried to do this with a mod but, admittedly, didn't know what I was going (I've written several mods but I don't know anything about the inventory system). This would also be nice for lots that you try to simulate as "apartments" because otherwise, your active sim makes food and stores leftovers that the rest can eat.