Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 2:38 PM
Default Share the funny stuff in the game!
I failed to find a massive topic a la TS2's "Funny things that happened to you in the game" in the forum, but I wanted to share something funny, so I started it. Sorry if it exists somewhere in the forum's past.

During the night, a paparazzi was standing in front of my sim family's door, like he always does. But this time he was probably drunk, because he kept jumping up and singing the university hymn non-stop. And when I say non-stop, I mean it! Eventually a small cat came up to the lot. The paparazzi walked to it, faced it and started singing and dancing for it. The cat looked on, and when he stopped she responded with tragic and sorrowful "Meow, Meow, Meow!" and walked its way. Her incredibly sad intonation made it sound like "*sigh* What pathetic clowns inhabit this town, and I have to live here..."

On another note, I created a sim in CAS for future use, and so naturally he got placed into the simbin. To my surprise, my sim met him in the game working at a consignment shop! I didn't know that sims from simbin can appear in the game on their own. It was fate, I decided, and they married. Later one night, a paparazzi came to their door... He was that sim from simbin again. Now this clone keeps hanging out around their house, and I pretend that he's a crazy\paparazzi fan who did surgery to look exactly like his icon.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 3:10 PM
One time my sim met herself after some Nrass Master Controller shenanigans.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
On another note, I created a sim in CAS for future use, and so naturally he got placed into the simbin. To my surprise, my sim met him in the game working at a consignment shop! ...

LOL! Are you certain that along the way you didn't also create a household with that one sim or that one among others and save it to the household bin? That's more typically where the game will pull genetics from when spawning new sims, under certain circumstances.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
LOL! Are you certain that along the way you didn't also create a household with that one sim or that one among others and save it to the household bin? That's more typically where the game will pull genetics from when spawning new sims, under certain circumstances.

I'm not sure, actually. Aren't simbin and household bin the same? What I did was I created a sim in CAS and the game automatically placed him into that panel, with other sims I created before.

The game didn't just pull genetics, though. Both of his clones wear the same clothes as him and have the same personality and tastes as him, the same name and second name. They're literally that sim! Although maybe all that, too, the game considers to be a part of genetics.

I will probably kill off the paparazzi, it's too creepy to see a clone staring into the windows of his house and stalking him in the dark. And when the clone comes at daytime, I have a habit of mistaking him for my sim.

P.S. There were some uncanny coincindences with that sim. For starters, I specifically created him in CAS for my female sim, but she was still a teen and him an adult, so I decided I wouldn't put him into the game until she ages. He was inspired by a particular game character, so I dressed him up in cowboy clothes and he was supposed to become a policeman. Believe it or not, but my female sim's fans sent her two presents: a picture of a cowboy and a police badge! And then she went to the consignment shop and met him.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 7:49 PM
The sim bin is viewable in CAS. These are single sim templates for the creation of new sims. The files pertaining to the sims that are saved there can be found in the Saved Sims folder in your TS3 game folder.

The household bin is viewable in Edit Town. These are households all ready to place into a world, but of course there could be households of one. It is also where I would expect the game to be drawing genetics and actual sims from when it doesn't spawn more random ones, to the extent it does that can be controlled with NRaas StoryProgression. The files pertaining to the households that are saved there can be found in the Library folder in your TS3 game folder (unfortunately all with cryptic names and mixed in with saved lots).
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 12:42 PM
I remembered something else to share. Maybe it won't be funny if you already knew what happens in such a situation, but I did not.

Basically when I created my first sim, he had a toddler and no wife. He was very busy working and providing for a kid, there was no time to search for romance. Somehow he started to get celebrity stars from skilling, though, apparently scientists are very popular in Dragon Valley. One day a paparazzi came to his house and stuck around. My sim was a polite, proper sim, so he went out to greet him, and I suddenly saw a new moodlet "attractive sim". I realized he was gay, or rather bi.

And that's when the whole mess started. My sim would greet that paparazzi each time he came around, try to chat him up, but soon the paparazzi would turn his back and run away. Each damn time. So rude. To make it worse, while my sim was trying to court him, he would pull out some paper and write on it, apparently making notes of what he said. What a jerk. Whenever my sim invited him over by phone, he said he'd come over, but he would NEVER actually come. Liar. But my sim was desperate, so eventually he managed to score a red heart, and then all I needed was to have him propose and have them have a private wedding. But to propose my sim had to get him to 'extremely irresistable', and guess what, no matter how many times he tried, the paparazzi sim would run away before he could ever get to that romantic level. Eventually my sim gave up and proposed to his boss instead.

Never, never make your sims fall in love with the rude paparazzi type.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:02 PM Last edited by igazor : 12th Nov 2016 at 5:15 PM.
I'm going to write a guidebook one of these days on the most efficient way to seduce (or romance, if you prefer) the Paparazzi. As soon as I figure it out for myself, that is. Was successful once and now I wonder if the poor Pap in that scene was actually glitched or if it was all just random. Generally they have the attention span of a developmentally challenged goldfish.

As far as Role/Service Sims go, Pizza Delivery sims make much better targets. Just keep phoning those orders in, you're bound to get one your sim likes eventually and the stacks of uneaten pizzas should disappear after a while.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 6:46 PM
They do hit it off with each other, though! For a while there were two pararazzi sims hanging out around the house, and once I saw one of them giving flowers to another. I zoomed in to watch and they just kept going at it, doing all kinds of romantic gestures.

Consighnment shop workers are rude, as well. My sim tried to invite one over, but always got a reply "I'm at work and I don't know when I'll be free!" That shop was probably glitched, though, it never closed... Strangely, out of ~6 consignment shops I placed in that hood, only a single one worked correctly. Others either never closed or never had anyone at the register. In fact, in the latter case if I clicked on the register I was offered to hire a clerk and set the shop hours. When I did, the clerk would appear and start working. That was really weird. My sim didn't own those shops.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 3:19 AM
My sim moved in an elder to marry, but I forgot to marry them. This day I decided that they should finally marry. The male sim started doing romantic interactions and meanwhile he really wanted to go to toilet, but I was impatient, as a result he peed himself in front of his lady. She didn't seem to mind, though, so he prepared to offer her a private wedding when suddenly she died from old age.

His granddaughter noticed how Grim Reaper didn't leave their lot, so she came up to him and scared him. I've never seen anything funnier in the game than the Grim Reaper cowering in front of a little girl! She then executed a rude introduction out of spite, but Grim paid her a compliment. Apparently he was impressed.

EDIT: I remembered more. I have a couple in the game, Erica and Lloyd Russel. Lloyd received an opportunity that required him to learn martial arts. He kissed Erica goodbye, travelled to China and paid a visit to the martial arts Academy. How surprised he was when he noticed Erica doing martial arts on the second floor! Later she came to sleep to the same camping base.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 5:06 PM
I don't know why but this message in the game made me laugh hysterically. It happened when I tried to switch to edit town mod:

"You can't edit town while the lot is being robbed!"

Or something like that. I had no idea there was a burglar on the lot.
Site Helper
#11 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 7:29 PM
I was experimenting with building, and had both kinds of basements in the lot. There was a hole in the ground (no foundation around it yet.) with a basement under that made with the tool. After fighting with "You can't put stairs inside the foundation that you are obviously planning to add!" for a while, I finally succeeded in getting the stairs added. Then I started getting "Ceiling too low" errors. I rebuilt everything 5 times before I realized that I had forgotten to turn Auto-roof off, and the "ceiling" was the auto-roof that the game had dropped over the hole in the ground!

I have to laugh about this.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#12 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 5:33 AM
@ Babahara
"out of ~6 consignment shops I placed in that hood, only a single one worked correctly. Others either never closed or never had anyone at the register."
I think this might be because, like schools and a few other lots, it causes problems to have more than 1 of this lot type. (Schools, for example, cause issues with the children invariably trying to go to the school farthest away, all the children trying to go to one school causing traffic jams and the other school sitting empty, etc.) Or, you might not have enough NPC / townie sims available to staff all the registers. Thank you for the funny stories!
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 9:27 PM
I'm playing a mafioso family (as in a famiglia, rather than a normal family). One of them was walking downtown and saw a screaming woman about to give birth in the streets. There was an option 'Take to hospital', and I was really surprised to see it, because I always thought it was only for household members. It was a bit out-of-character for a mafioso to take a stranger to a hospital, but since I'm imagining them in style of Italian mafia, it's ok. They typically care for 'family values'. So my sim took her to a hospital, and she walked inside.

I was really surprised that it worked. Then I decided that it's time for him to go home, but suddenly that woman walked out of the hospital (she gave birth super quick!) with a baby in her arms. My sim got a cute 'New baby' moodlet, even though the baby wasn't his. What a sensitive mafioso! Next day it was so cute to see him go to work to kill people, while he whole day he kept thinking of that random woman's baby girl (the moodlet lingered for a looong time). Judging by his mood that day was, no kidding, the best day of his life so far!

I thought: this one will want to marry for sure, after seeing his hidden soft side (despite evil and hot-headed traits) I've got no doubts...

After a few (in-game) weeks of playing, that sim was the only sim in their famiglia who kept getting calls from random women asking for dates. Sometimes twice per day! He was really popular. Some of them called 2-3 times more, even though he refused to date. I finally allowed him to go on a date with a sim woman who wouldn't mind having a mafioso for a husband. She's one of my playables from another household and she's perfect for him! When he came to the lot which she chose for their date, he waited till she finally came, but before he could greet her, she turned her back on him and drove away. Going to work, right... Well, if you're going to work, why did you wake him in the wee hours of night to set up a date?! I really don't know why, but for some reason this sim always, always gets date-calls during the night. That's one of biggest reasons he kept refusing all dates, he was simply trying to sleep, dammit! Anyway, next weekend he called that perfect woman and invited her over on his own, to boast about a new mansion. She came over, they talked a little, he invited her to sleep over, and she immediately went to his bedroom and fell asleep in his bed. Ugh... Great date, I guess? My sim had to nap on a couch and went to work in the morning with a sad face.