Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:03 AM
Default What do you think will the first releases for Sims4 be?
I am guessing a "Stuff" release in a couple of months.... maybe right around Christmas or in January. Probably a "High End" stuff package.

As far as a content release I am betting the first will be a business release.

Has anybody seen any news from Origin along these lines?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:06 AM
seasons
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:38 AM
The first official release will be something in TS4's Store. After that, there will probably be an SP, but I have no idea what kind. I don't really care for SPs personally.

In terms of EPs, the first EP should be a Toddlers pack. I'm thinking two new lifestages (why not?) - toddlers, plus a tween/pre-teen stage, with tonnes of items, interactions and general new crap for babies, toddlers, kids and pre-teens. Meanwhile, a patch is released that gives us a family tree function.

While we're on the subject of lifestages, I would also like to see a Teen to Elder EP, where the focus is on new activities and items for these age groups. Things like a playable elder retirement home - how cool would that be?!

Honestly though, it'll probably be something more generic like Night Life/Late Night or something. Something that will be a good EP in itself, but not really crucial to what players want/need in the game currently (ahem, toddlers )
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:46 AM
Going from the past two games, I'm willing to bet that the first expansion for Sims 4 will be something new that hasn't been done before in the series, along the lines of World Adventures and University. They probably do this because the first expansion is always started to be developed months before the base game is released and they don't know what people will want yet.

Although, I think they might be willing to immediately revisit an old idea that was very popular with people in previous games (like pets or weather) if they don't think that the base game will do well.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:48 AM
I'm thinking the first EP almost certainly will include a toddlers pack. For those few people like me who don't miss toddlers, I'm actually hoping toddlers aren't forced on us in later EPs. I'm similarly hoping pre-teens aren't forced on us either, though I agree they'll be a thing at some point.

Though now that I think about it, maybe the earlier life stages are kind of necessary. At present, we basically have four different kinds of adults (seeing as NPC teens currently are almost impossible to distinguish from NPC adults). If I had to cut a life stage, it would have been the young adult / mature adult distinction. The result would have been like TS2, with young adults inevitably returning for the inevitable University EP.
Instructor
#6 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bananas8338
...While we're on the subject of lifestages, I would also like to see a Teen to Elder EP, where the focus is on new activities and items for these age groups. Things like a playable elder retirement home - how cool would that be?!

I thought that was the lounge in Oasis Springs?

First releases: I'm so bad at this. It can't be future or past, because they'll want to expand the current world. It won't be vacation/ exotic destinations, because World Adventures was the first EP for 3 (I think). It could be like an Ambitions pack, TS4: All the NPCs We Couldn't Add From The Get Go and Those Careers You're Missing, Too.

I'm hoping for that. With ghosts.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
They probably do this because the first expansion is always started to be developed months before the base game is released and they don't know what people will want yet.

They're on the fourth edition of the game. You'd think by now they'd know what players want.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#8 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
They're on the fourth edition of the game. You'd think by now they'd know what players want.

Ambitions was made because we all complained about rabbit hole careers in the TS3 base, but after release the consensus was that the Ambitions careers sucked. So maybe when the moons align they do know what we want but they still can't stop fucking up when trying to give it to us.

[/shrug]
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:29 AM
I would like an EP about Nightlife with this lady within the game. She made me laugh a lot in Sims 2! (I dont know her name in the english version, sorry).
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NabucodonosorII
I would like an EP about Nightlife with this lady within the game. She made me laugh a lot in Sims 2! (I dont know her name in the english version, sorry).

Mrs. Crumplebottom! She has been missed ..

Hi! I'm a pepper and I was wondering if you'd like to be a pepper too.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:22 AM
I hope it's a Nightlife/Late Night type thing. I want my cities, dammit. :D
Forum Resident
#12 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:58 AM
Nightclub expansions are always my favorite. Bring on the Nightlife clone!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
Ambitions was made because we all complained about rabbit hole careers in the TS3 base, but after release the consensus was that the Ambitions careers sucked. So maybe when the moons align they do know what we want but they still can't stop fucking up when trying to give it to us.
[/shrug]

That's because, as Josh Whedon was fond of saying during the run of Buffy, the fans only know what they "think they want" but not "what they need". Playable careers might sound fun to many, but in reality it'd be drudgery like in Ambitions.

Personally I'd like to see a "Living Large" type expansion that just ads a bunch of stuff (Toddlers, Family Trees, an option for Story Progression [for those who want the game to play itself again and like being chained to just one family] pools, more careers, private school, ghosts, graveyards and a new world)
That'd be (in my eyes) the best case scenario, however I'm afraid either Maxis or EA or both are too much set in the mindset that expansions must have themes.

So, realistic best case scenario: Generations or O4B
Worst case scenario: Nightlife or some off-the-wall stuff nobody wants or needs (University, World Adventures)

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:44 AM
I would love a Business pack, like Open For Business. That was actually my favourite TS2 expansion
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:50 AM
I'd like some kind of home business pack too, where you can operate your own store. Maybe also a Superstar-type expansion where you can get into the 'Fame' career.
Theorist
#16 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:54 AM
What do I think will be in the first EP? There had better be a package of some normal careers. And then after that I want a spiritual healer career, with psychic surgery that uses chicken guts to fake it.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:55 AM
^A cross between Sims 1 Superstar and Sims 3 Showtime would be amazing too, although maybe for a later expansion
Mad Poster
#18 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:59 AM
It would be. As would one that allows sims to get probeded by aliens.

Oh, and pardon me for making too many useless posts... was just trying to make some people laugh. Didn't mean to put the mods through all that trouble just to make a funny XD
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 10:16 AM
I also hope they do some Generations type of EP (toddlers, preteens, more family activities, more traits...) and also a Pets EP. I liked how Pets in Sims 3 added horses and little animals that you could catch. I hope these make a return (from what I've heard, you can already catch some like frogs in Sims 4, but I haven't found any in my game yet), and that pets like dogs, cats and horses have better personalities. It would also be cool if they added some farm animals but I'm probably expecting too much from EA I do hope they add new worlds with each EP, that we can travel between as with the current worlds - it's going to feel like one of those megahoods in Sims 2 (and that's coming from a person who plays exclusively megahoods in Sims 2).
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 10:33 AM
Okay, judging by the previous installments, family-oriented EPs (or should I say, EPs that don't focus only on adults/young adults) only started from the 4th EP (Vacation for TS1, Pets for TS2 and Generations for TS3), so if they still don't know what many simmers want, they may repeat this for TS4 as well... :P

EDIT: Also the EPs after have been family-oriented as well... Unleashed for TS1, Seasons for TS2 and Pets for TS3...
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:04 PM
Well, how bout Sims4 - Water Sports? Like, you know, with Swimming Pools. And a lounge chair. I'd like to have my sims relax in the sun.
Instructor
#22 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:09 PM
Water Sports is a very unfortunate name...
Scholar
#23 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bananas8338
Things like a playable elder retirement home - how cool would that be?!

I have always wanted something like that...lol. It will never happen, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Elders are the most under-served life state in the game. I also really want a middle-aged life state.

Given the timing, I'm guessing that the first SP will be a holiday pack.

Normally, I would expect the first EP to be something "out there", as University and WA were for Sims 2&3. I do have an odd suspicion that the first pack may be a business pack. Other than farming, it was the most requested thing on the official forums (store threads) and there are a few things in the game which might already point in that direction. For example: why do we need an industrial sized cupcake machine, and what the hell are we supposed to do with all those flowers we grow?

I would also suspect that toddlers will make an appearance in a future pack and patch. I'm not holding my breath for pools.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 6:41 PM
Anyone else hoping for apartments and/or restaurants and/or a new urban world?
Scholar
#25 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 6:47 PM
Restaurants, very much so. Apartments and city life don't really appeal to me, which is really funny because I love big cities in RL but want farms and country life in the Sims.
Page 1 of 3