Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 4040 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 15th Feb 2018 at 3:31 PM.
Default (Solved!) CTU keeps crashing and doesn't load up anymore.
I'm trying to finish a project that I started on last month but I can't get anything done because CTU keeps crashing and it just keeps popping up with a message that says 'CASPPartEditor has stopped working'. Is there any way to fix this or would I just have to start using TSRW which is less user friendly then CTU to start make making new content for Sims 3.
Advertisement
Puffin McMuffin
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:33 PM
it did work before right? Else it could be a few things:

- Add the caspart folder to the CTU directory. (Download and instructions are on the download page)
- Do you have NET 2.0 installled? of so, maybe NET 3.5 too? Just to be sure
- Downloaded this as well?: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ails.aspx?id=35

Else if you're on windows 10... Compatibly mode?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
it did work before right? Else it could be a few things:

- Add the caspart folder to the CTU directory. (Download and instructions are on the download page)
- Do you have NET 2.0 installled? of so, maybe NET 3.5 too? Just to be sure
- Downloaded this as well?: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ails.aspx?id=35

Else if you're on windows 10... Compatibly mode?

I'm on Windows 10 and I tried all those steps and they didn't work. The program still kept crashing which is strange because it launched and worked perfectly on Windows 7 but CTU haven't been updated yet to support Windows 10 so maybe that's why. If all else fails then I guess I would have to learn to work with TSRW which is a shame because CTU is super quick to load up and use and TSRW just takes forever just to load up and to get everything set up and CTU has a less complicated interface then TSRW.
Puffin McMuffin
staff: administrator
#4 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:25 AM
Hrm... did you use WinRAR to unzip it maybe? Thing with WinRAR is that it tends to corrupt DLL files which this program uses. So I'd try 7zip instead. Else I'd try reinstalling it, see if that works because i'm on windows 10 too and it works perfectly fine for me
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:03 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 13th Feb 2018 at 11:22 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
Hrm... did you use WinRAR to unzip it maybe? Thing with WinRAR is that it tends to corrupt DLL files which this program uses. So I'd try 7zip instead. Else I'd try reinstalling it, see if that works because i'm on windows 10 too and it works perfectly fine for me

I just installed it like less then a couple of weeks ago so it's definitely not corrupted although Windows kept nagging me to activate which I haven't done yet. I 'll try reinstalling it with and without the program you suggested.
Update: None of the options worked but the no 3d version launched and loaded up perfectly. The strange part is that this program used to load up fine on my old Windows 10 laptop but now it crashes as soon as I try to open it.
Puffin McMuffin
staff: administrator
#6 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 11:03 AM
Might be totally wrong here... though I do remember back when i needed an activation key for windows, some things wouldn't function correctly either... which might have it's reasons. This was yeaaaaaaars ago of course. The only real reason I can think of on why the 3D version wouldn't work would be for the fact that either directx runtime isn't properly installed or just the activation key that needs to be activated Else, TSRW is worth a try? But they do both use the same softwares, so i'm not sure if TSRW will work in this case either.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyralei
Might be totally wrong here... though I do remember back when i needed an activation key for windows, some things wouldn't function correctly either... which might have it's reasons. This was yeaaaaaaars ago of course. The only real reason I can think of on why the 3D version wouldn't work would be for the fact that either directx runtime isn't properly installed or just the activation key that needs to be activated Else, TSRW is worth a try? But they do both use the same softwares, so i'm not sure if TSRW will work in this case either.

I had activated my laptop and it didn't work but after messing with the DirectX exe in my appdata folder (The one that I downloaded on the Microsoft website didn't work.)I finally got it to install and i'm proud to announce that CTU started working the way it was supposed to! Now I could finally finish my project that I started on last month without dealing with the hassle of TSRW. Thanks for helping fix my problem because I really don't feel like using TSRW all the time although I only use it for stuff that CTU doesn't recognize.
Back to top