Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 40 of 43
Test Subject
#976 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 12:17 PM
Is this still working? Currently I have version 3c and there's no other old versions installed, however, I try to choose a sim for a door lock and nothing happens. That is when I go through the Quick Lock style option. I've also tried an option of "Never locked for.." and that does not seem to work either. I can't live without this mod! lol Thanks in advance!
Lab Assistant
#977 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 7:52 PM
A mod always useful! I want to build a hotel, I think this mod will be very useful! Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#978 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 8:17 PM
Thank you V3 (20th Jan 2016) !
Deceased
Original Poster
#979 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissEliseth
Is this still working? Currently I have version 3c and there's no other old versions installed, however, I try to choose a sim for a door lock and nothing happens.

Yes, it should still work fine with the current game patch. Make sure you have script mods enabled and the ts4script file installed in the same folder as the package - it sounds like the package file is installed properly, but without the script support the menus won't actually do anything.

Note also that ts4script files cannot be placed deeper than ONE subfolder deep in your mods folder - so it can be in Mods, or it could be in Mods\SomeOtherFolder, but you couldn't put it in Mods\SomeOtherFolder\YetSomeOtherFolder.

The attached screenshot shows an example of a proper installation. Hope this helps!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#980 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Yes, it should still work fine with the current game patch. Make sure you have script mods enabled and the ts4script file installed in the same folder as the package - it sounds like the package file is installed properly, but without the script support the menus won't actually do anything.

That is exactly what it was. I totally forgot that the game has the ability to disable script mods on its' own it seems. I always make sure to enable it after a patch and it was enabled, but I guess sometime in the last few days it got disabled. I think that's why I didn't think to check if it was. Thanks again! Brilliant as always!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#981 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 3:49 PM
Thank you V3c !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#982 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 10:20 PM
You are a lifesaver. Thank you so much -- I spent ages manually managing sims to keep them in the right rooms until I came across this...
Test Subject
#983 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 8:44 PM Last edited by andy13100 : 7th Apr 2016 at 9:13 PM. Reason: Fixed
Default Game Bugged *Solved*
After I bought Get Together DLC today I cant click on any sims while this mod is active. Its annoying because I really like this mod and I'm using the latest version of the mod.

EDIT: Found another mod I never noticed causing the problem. Glad it wasn't this mod.
Test Subject
#984 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 12:24 PM
so i want door lock in Sims 4 and here i am... but i have problem with this mod...

the package mod is in the list, but the script mod isn't in the list... i already move the 2 files in mods folder, as you can see here :

but it doesn't show in the game :

please help me... i'm new to this game and mod things... thank you... and sorry for the poor english...
Test Subject
#985 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by relian2209
so i want door lock in Sims 4 and here i am... but i have problem with this mod...

the package mod is in the list, but the script mod isn't in the list... i already move the 2 files in mods folder, as you can see here :

but it doesn't show in the game :

please help me... i'm new to this game and mod things... thank you... and sorry for the poor english...

If you look at the "Manual Installation" section, it says not to unzip the file ending in in _Script, so I assume that's where you went wrong?
Test Subject
#986 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DitteNoname
If you look at the "Manual Installation" section, it says not to unzip the file ending in in _Script, so I assume that's where you went wrong?

i didn't unzip it... they have 2 files... the extension for both files are .package and .ts4script...

but the game don't recognise the file with .ts4script extension... what do i do then..?
Scholar
#987 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 5:02 PM
i didn't unzip it... they have 2 files... the extension for both files are .package and .ts4script...

but the game don't recognise the file with .ts4script extension... what do i do then..?

Enable scripts in settings.
Test Subject
#988 Old 1st May 2016 at 5:08 AM

Hi, are you using older version of TS4?
So yeah i guess older versions can't read .ts4script extension, so just rename that file into .zip extension (don't change the actual name, only remove the .ts4script and change into .zip) --> there will be a pop up saying that the file may become unusable, just click ok, then try opening sims 4 again
Also don't forget to check "Script Mods" in the option --> other
Hope this helps you!
Test Subject
#989 Old 4th May 2016 at 3:28 PM
Help! I'm having a problem making this mod work. I have installed the latest version and enabled script mods. At first, it was perfectly fine. I have enabled retail locks and locked out customers. But when I opened the store, customers still kept entering the doors as if there were no locks. What do you think did I miss? No one ever buys my products because they're busy roaming around the kitchen and other rooms
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#990 Old 5th May 2016 at 11:04 PM
Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#991 Old 6th May 2016 at 10:51 AM
New problem i met.. First it was fine, but if i have a locked door inside a lot, save, go out, then load the lot, it won't finish loading. So like, I left my laptop for 20 minutes and it was still loading. If i hit `123 or home-page up-page down-end i still can hear the sound effect, but basically i can't do anything :/
(happened also when after i added a lock in my store then went to design uniform in cas)
Field Researcher
#992 Old 15th May 2016 at 8:59 PM
I think this mod needs updates.

I tried with latest version and it shows up in the mod list, but when I actually play game, the door option not shows up.

Also mind that some other mods from you (scumbumbo) still works fine.
Test Subject
#993 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 9:59 PM
Thanks for this great mod! Heads-up though with dine-out it breaks the chef. I don't know why, but I took out all of my mods one by one to see what the culprit was. When this mod is installed the "Chef" doesn't work and is not listed as chef he just hangs around in the kitchen playing on his phone. When this mod is removed he gets his job title back and resumes burning food and cooking, and food is served to your sims appropriately.
Test Subject
#994 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:10 PM
This mod is incompatible with the Dine Out. When we use it, the Chefs do not make customers' food.
Lab Assistant
#995 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 12:31 AM
"This mod is incompatible with the Dine Out. When we use it, the Chefs do not make customers' food."

I'm French! Je confirme le mod est incompatible ! Les chefs ne travaillent pas ! Please update your mod please
Mother Function
retired moderator
#996 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 11:08 AM
I can also confirm that this mod breaks the chef interactions, specifically it breaks the Chef Station. The chef will go to set up his station and then walk away leaving the station stuck in the "in use" state. Deleting the chef station and placing another one temporarily fixes the chef, however once the chef goes back to the station, the problem starts all over again.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#997 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 11:24 PM
The chef doesn´t cook with this mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#998 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 12:15 PM
Thanks You!
Test Subject
#999 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 2:41 PM
This mod was causing my Dine Out game to freeze when menus come up and my Chefs won't cook. Can you fix this so I can use the mod in my game again?
Lab Assistant
#1000 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 1:24 AM
I also noticed my sims using doors that had the "Lock Out All Sims" options like there was no lock at all. I'm not sure what update breaks it tho, I have the latest patch (from today) and all packs. I really hope that this mod can be updated because it's really awesome. This is how the sims should have made their door locks!!
Page 40 of 43