Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 4:42 AM Last edited by SimRivers : 21st Jul 2014 at 6:34 AM.
Default Moon Valley - an urban & suburban mountain/lake world
I have been working on this for a really long time. I want to upload this, but I feel like so much is missing and I can't place what.. HELP! I really want this to meet upload standards, cuz its been a fun world to play! All the houses are either from other EA worlds or custom built for this world.

I should probably mention that the number of lots seems high, but theres actually only 132 lots in total
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:08 AM
Default Residential
The residential lots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:15 AM
Default Moar Residential photos
The last 4 photos are of the featured home in this world, being the Maitland Manor. Otherwise known as the Beetlejuice House. It sits on the highest peak, has amazing views, and is as close to the fictional house as I could get.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 9:27 AM
I love this world so much! Could you post an aerial view of this please?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 9:44 AM
Default Aerials.. In the skyyyy..
Here are some birds eyes. The brown the covers all the cliff faces is from a texture file, not sure why it didn't show correctly, I've changed it but haven't gotten photos yet.
Screenshots
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 10:27 AM
I think you have a nice world going on, but I suggest you take a little time to improve the terrain painting in the rocky areas. The grass/gravel/flower terrain paint around the houses looks OK, but I think you should use more than just one texture for the rocky areas. You can see the problem in the 6th pic in your first post: the texture looks repetitive and a bit unnatural because it's stretched. If you blend in even just one or two more textures, more or less subtly, you are going to get a much more realistic and eye-pleasing result.

Another suggestion is maybe add a few more flora species? I love fir trees as well but I think you could use some biodiversity in this world

Apart from that, I like the layout of the city and the lots look good!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.