Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2014 at 5:59 AM
Default uploading a Sims2 neighborhood with lots but no sims
Hello all! I'm hoping to upload a Sims2 neighborhood with 32 lots. I have already uploaded just the map which is called Isla Chica, but now I have the complete neighborhood with the lots and decorations. It's 83 mb so I understand that I need to divide the file. My question is, can I take the lots out of the N012 file and compress them and then compress the rest of the file and upload them separately? Then, to install, would it work to unzip the N012 file, then put the lot file in it and extract? I've tried it myself and think it works, but it's hard to know when it's on your own computer. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your time.

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th May 2014 at 1:45 PM
That would work, yes. It might be simpler to do a split archive, though, so downloaders just have to extract the first file and then follow their archive software's prompts. And in fact - the 'hood might even be under 50MB once compressed, if you pick the slowest compression option; have you tried that?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2014 at 3:41 PM
Nysha, thanks so much for the reply. I haven't try the slowest compression option, so will do that. I appreciate the idea.

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th May 2014 at 5:00 PM
...can't wait to see it
:D

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2014 at 10:33 PM
Default Another problem with my neighborhood upload
My neighborhood doesn't have any custom content and no Sims, but when I try to upload I get this:

I don't know what that piece of cc is. I checked all of the lots I made with Sims2CleanInstaller and they were cc free. Also, I didn't create any Sims. Any thoughts?

]
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th May 2014 at 11:54 PM
Well... it looks like that would be a sim: User #17? Did you by chance have a sim that tested things out? Even though they're not included, maybe some footprints got left behind???

That's all I got

Orrrr, could it be a career of some kind? "Huagirlm" and "teach7" seem interesting?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th May 2014 at 4:15 AM
Thanks Catherine! The test sims I used were the Traveller family that came with Bon Voyage. I didn't make any sims. Wonder how to get rid of the cc? If you want to see the hood, it's at SimFansUk! Talk to you soon!

]
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th May 2014 at 11:28 AM
Yes, that's a sim. Fill it in for now and you can delete it from the main text later.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th May 2014 at 1:24 PM
In future, you might want to back up the neighborhood, do the testing, and load the backup if it tests out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th May 2014 at 1:54 PM
Yeah, that would certainly be a good idea - you won't be able to remove the Travellers now, and while I guess most downloaders won't mind that they're in the 'hood, it would just be nicer and neater if it was either fully populated or empty, not somewhere inbetween.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th May 2014 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Yeah, that would certainly be a good idea - you won't be able to remove the Travellers now, and while I guess most downloaders won't mind that they're in the 'hood, it would just be nicer and neater if it was either fully populated or empty, not somewhere inbetween.

Actually, I sort of did what you and Peni suggested. I built a test neighborhood and when I was sure about the lots, I put them in lots and houses bin and then into the final neighborhood. So yes, Sims has been in the community lots, but I didn't test any of the houses because they are unfurnished. I don't think the Travellers are in the packaged neighborhood are they since the game doesn't save community lot play? Thank you both so much for your replies.

]
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th May 2014 at 5:20 PM
I know I am a little late here but you could try Mootilda's "Lot Compressor" http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=426409 and 7-zip http://www.7-zip.org/ and you should be able to upload it in 1 file at just under 50mb.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 4:45 AM
Default second effort problems
I uploaded the neighborhood described in the beginning of this thread, but the changes required were impossible for me because I had used test sims in the neighborhood. So, I started all over again from scratch and built an entire new neighborhood in which no sim ever set foot but when I tried to upload, none of the cc I used showed up, only this:

[IMG][/IMG]

My neighborhood includes floors, walls, and 4 new meshes by me which don't show up in the wizard, only this sim which as I said, no sim ever set foot in the neighborhood. I really wanted to upload my neighborhood here, but don't know how to solve this problem. Thanks so much for any help!

]
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 4:29 PM
Oh NO!!! You shouldn't have had to build a whole new 'hood!
I didn't DL, but I checked it out over at SFUK - it looks awesome!!!

I think the User#xx is a sim. Did you try, as Nysha suggested above, fill it out for now and then delete it from the description?
It seems strange that a 'hood that has never had a sim set foot in it, would think it had a sim attached. But, I'm not really surprised, with the way EAxis codes things

Please note - I don't have ANY experience with uploading N'hoods - so I'm really just guessing here... tryin' to help and all...
I really hope you can get this sorted.
I'd love to see this 'hood here :lovestruc

Good luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:58 AM
hi catherine, franh at sfuk dlit and said it has characters too!, what am i doing wrong!

]
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:45 AM
It's probably an NPC cook or bartender that semi-generated when you placed a stove or bar. Look in SimPE and see what you can find out about it. Also run the Hoodchecker. That may at least give you more information.

This is one reason to back up after every session.

Your CC problem, I have no clue about. How necessary is the content? Can you remake it with Maxis stuff?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:44 PM
Hmmm... I'd have to agree with Peni. Did you use a bar/Uni stove/ comm stove? Massage table? Concierge desk?

and Vintage Stuffeths