Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 9:39 PM Last edited by ashmo : 29th Nov 2016 at 5:16 PM. Reason: update
Quote: Originally posted by BMVagabond
I am going to see if this works on patch 1.69. I pray that it does!

did it work? im at 1.67, but if it works for you it will work for me.
im assuming it worked bc people will usually come back to complain about it not working more often than coming back to say something positive. that is not a slight on your character, just an observation on people in general.
wow, now im just having a conversation with myself.

UPDATE-so the mod still works. but only in cas, sadly the set in game option (which is the only way to set it by outfit) no longer works. im looking for an alternative and will update when i do.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 4:15 PM
I have the patch 1.67 and this works for me!
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 11:53 PM
Sorry that I'm a bit late to this discussion but the foot lift slider doesn't appear in the head/ears global section as described. Did EA do something that's nerfed this mod? Or am I missing something? I just copied the post pets package into the mods/packages folder then started TS3. Do I need to do some other step to enable the mod?
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jul 2023 at 11:54 PM
Default Alternative?
Quote: Originally posted by ashmo
did it work? im at 1.67, but if it works for you it will work for me.
im assuming it worked bc people will usually come back to complain about it not working more often than coming back to say something positive. that is not a slight on your character, just an observation on people in general.
wow, now im just having a conversation with myself.

UPDATE-so the mod still works. but only in cas, sadly the set in game option (which is the only way to set it by outfit) no longer works. im looking for an alternative and will update when i do.

Did you ever find an alternative foot height slider?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Jul 2023 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jezzster

Sorry, no.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Forum Resident
#31 Old 28th Jul 2023 at 5:59 PM Last edited by LadySmoks : 28th Jul 2023 at 6:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jezzster

The alternative is to add Adjustment 54, 55 and 56 to the bonedeltas, using s3pe.

Units are counted by how many grid lines below floor level. I use Blender 2.80, so the pic shows grid lines in that program. Know nothing about Milkshape.

Once the shoe package is made, open in s3pe. Select the first BOND, and click Grid at the bottom. New window. Open drop downs as shown.

Click 3 dots to open new window.
Here, you add Adjustments 54, 55 and 56, which are the height altering BONDs. This is from boots that I have already made, so the new Adjustments have already been added. You will have only 53. Click the Add button to create the new Adjustments.

In each pic, you can see the info you need to add.
IMPORTANT!!! The numbers in OffsetY will be according to a chart below. You can actually leave OffsetY as 0 for now. All of the other numbers shown, are standard for any shoe, tf thru ef.
Once you have added the new Adjustments, click Okay. Now open the drop down for Adjustments and scroll to 54, 55 and 56. Open each of them. Once the Adjustments have been added, you can change OffsetY to any shoe height you wish, using the chart below.
Exit Grid. Export and save the BOND you rewrote. Next, use replace, to replace the other BONDs with the new one. Done!
Shoe BONDs only change the shoe/ Sim height, and do not override BONDs in tops, bottoms or outfits, so using the same BOND for all 5 won't hurt anything.

This is the height chart. I did NOT make this. One of those things that I have had for so long that I forget where it came from... probably here, somewhere, on MTS!

Be sure to save the BOND that you made. Using the chart, you can change OffsetY for any shoe.

If you wish to go further... Open the package with the new BOND in TSRW. Top left, click Edit, Project Contents. Right click the BOND. From the new menu, click export. This will save the new BOND as .bin format. Open your original work in TSRW. Edit, Project Contents. Right click the BOND, and import your altered BOND. Repeat for other 4 BONDs. Save the work file with the new, altered BONDs.

I have not used the Bonedelta editing tool for this, but imagine you can.

There are a few who still make height altering shoes for TS3. JoshQ, Dailycard, me (no links due to naughty sites) and a couple of others.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
There are a few who still make height altering shoes for TS3. JoshQ, Dailycard, me (no links due to naughty sites) and a couple of others.

Hello, could I ask if it's possible to convert height altering shoes from TS4 to TS3 and make them this way?
Forum Resident
#33 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vaska
Hello, could I ask if it's possible to convert height altering shoes from TS4 to TS3 and make them this way?

Almost anything is possible. 4 to 3 presents a few things you will need to adjust. Foot/ shoe ankle to TS3 bottom ankle alignment, both mesh and UV/ textures is one. Keep an eye on total vertices count, as TS4 can use much higher poly meshes than TS3. In Blender, there are graph lines. I use side view to set shoe height below ground, and count the lines from ground level down. That's how many "units" to plug into the height chart.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Page 2 of 2