Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 5:37 PM
Default How do you download for sims 1
I forgot how to download things to it . How do you?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 6:23 PM
First off you need places to download stuff CTO Occasions is like the Sims 2 Graveyard for Sims 1. They have a ton of stuff from dead Sims 1 sites. CTO also has lists of Sims 1 sites that are still open. parsimonious also has a lot of stuff .

You need to extract the zip/rar files to the Game Data folder wherever your Maxis/Sims 1 root folder is (should be in Program Files (x86)/Maxis/Sims 1/Game Data if you have a 64 bit machine or Windows 7. From there you extract it into the appropriate folder. There are folders for animations, walls, floors, objects , skins (heads go here to), lighting mods, and a few other files I can't remember right now. Make sure what you have downloaded is for the correct expansions. Given this is Sims 1, you also want to make sure that

For my game I simply extract to the Game Data/Appropriate content folder but I have the Complete Collection. I am not certain if it is different if you have the Expansions and Base Game separately (e.g. whether it goes in the base game/game data folder or the one for your latest expansion) or the Deluxe/Multi Expansion versions that aren't the complete collection. Someone else may be able to tell you that
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 6:29 PM Last edited by zorba2357 : 23rd Sep 2012 at 6:43 PM.
Yes there are TWO ways to do it. I guess you can put objects in "Gamedata". You can also put all the objects in "Downloads". That's where I put all of mine, and I use Lots of subfolders.

For walls, floors, and roofs, they all go in the appropriate folder in Gamedata. And skins (which is any heads , skins, meshes) they all go under gamedata , skins. And you Cannot use subfolders at all in skins, unfortunately. For Buyable clothing (the file name will start with the appropriate letter) it goes under "Expansionshared" "buyable skins".

As far as I know , the downloads go in the same folders whether you have the base game and EP's seperate, or the complete collection. I actually own Both. I used to have the base game and all EP's installed. Then I got this idea to buy the complete collection , at amazon, used. So happy with it! And I LOVE the sims creator. Yes it's kind-of crude and could use some more Meshes for sure, but I still love it!

Also any Houses you download will go under userdata, houses, userdata 2 , 3 etc for the appropriate neighborhood.