Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 2:47 AM
Default Sims 2 Categorizer Issue
Help! I've just finished re-downloading my favorite downloads in an organized way, with the addition of the Sims 2 Categorizer.

I used the Categorizer to change what folders my downloads show up in, of course - but I also added skill-building to certain objects and maybe a few controllers. >.>

Maybe I shouldn't have done that? Now my game begins to load but once the initial loading screen is up, it crashes.

Is there a way to reset Sims 2 Categorizer and restore the original settings to what I downloaded? (I'm pretty sure it's what I did in Categorizer.) Or is there a utility for finding whatevers making my game crash so I can remove/change it specifically?

Any help would be appreciated!

Courtney
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 9:46 PM
Sims 2 Categorizer uses a custom compression routine which conflicts with the Maxis-like routine used by Jfade's Compressorizer, I'm guessing some of the files you had were compressed with that previously. You might be able to run the Compressorizer over the files and have everything work again, it's worth a shot.

http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=170