Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 6:12 PM
Default CC Car scupltures
Is it possible to add a car model into TS4 (HD car from Shift 2 Unleashed) as a decorative sculpture?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 8:17 PM
Anyone?
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#3 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 9:01 PM
Objects aren't readily doable yet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 2:44 AM
Right then, I'll come back when they find out how to mod objects. Dammit no cars in TS4, ah well I'm sure they're not worth it anyway, not like pools.
Scholar
#5 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:04 AM
already car sculpture in game. when possible clone and change.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 3:11 PM
Does there have to be only one texture that maps over the entire object?
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 10:05 AM
no knows can't clone yet
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 11:47 PM
Well in any of the Sims games, can the objects have only one texture per colour?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 12:13 AM
What do you mean by that? How (or rather, why) would you have multiple textures for the same colour?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by speedo10
Well in any of the Sims games, can the objects have only one texture per colour?

in sim3 can have multiple text/col
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
What do you mean by that? How (or rather, why) would you have multiple textures for the same colour?

Because games like Need for Speed use loads of textures for the engines, wheels, tires, windows, lights, badges, body colour, carbon fibre, chrome, and so much more. I thought that in the Sims games you could only assign one texture file per recolour, so it would be impossible to import all the textures without UV Mapping the entire car to one texture, comprised of every texture.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 3:13 PM
Oh, so you are talking about subsets more or less, yes? As in, being able to select the colour of different parts of an object individually in game? (Body of a car vs. tires, seat cushion vs. frame, etc)

That was an option in earlier games, and for TS4 I have also seen a bedding-only texture (without a bedframe) in the game files, but in game there doesn't seem to be a way to select that individually. But as long as there is no tool for editing objects, I don’t think anyone could say for sure what the technical possibilities are in practice -- theoretically one could always make composite objects by “slotting” them together (so in the case of a car, the body could have a slot for say headlights, so that one can add them on as individual objects).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#13 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by speedo10
Because games like Need for Speed use loads of textures for the engines, wheels, tires, windows, lights, badges, body colour, carbon fibre, chrome, and so much more. I thought that in the Sims games you could only assign one texture file per recolour, so it would be impossible to import all the textures without UV Mapping the entire car to one texture, comprised of every texture.

no not like that in sim4. i text map only