Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 7:07 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 14th Dec 2014 at 1:16 AM.
Default Catalogue tagging
(Split off from this download thread -- pbox)

Hey there! Wanted to let you know that when you sort the Buy catalog by room, these objects show up in the Kitchen/Misc. Decorations section. Took some screenshots, which hopefully attach here... Some of the liberated garden stuff is there as well, but only the objects that are in Decorations/Misc. when you sort the catalog by function.
Screenshots

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 7:42 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! There is only one tag for MiscDecoration though, so if the game thinks everything Misc belongs in Kitchen, I can't do anything about that on my side. If one wants to change the tags it's pretty simple to do so (Grid > CatalogueTags or Tags or something, there's only one filed like that). A text list of valid labels is also available in this post: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...046#post4587046

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
There is only one tag for MiscDecoration though, so if the game thinks everything Misc belongs in Kitchen, I can't do anything about that on my side.

Oh I see. Strange though, that not all the Maxis objects in Function/Decoration/Misc are found in the Misc Decoration section in Kitchen. Too bad the Lawn Ornaments category doesn't work, as you said. Thanks for the tip about changing the tag though; may do that for myself

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 7:15 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 13th Dec 2014 at 7:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Strange though, that not all the Maxis objects in Function/Decoration/Misc are found in the Misc Decoration section in Kitchen.

Oh? Can you give me an example for that (object name)? Looking at those might help to figure out whether there's tags that perhaps *ex*clude stuff from certain categories (but I believe it's rather the other way around: there are also "Function" tags and I guess some stuff goes in Function > Deco when it has that, even when it's not actually tagged as MiscDeco. Anyway the best way to find out is check the tags of some actual examples.).

About the lawn thing, I just asked; I haven't seen anybody else do stuff with categories yet but perhaps the Maxians can give us some pointers.

Let me know if you come across a useful tag combination =) I'd definitely prefer an uncluttered catalogue too (particularly when it comes to outdoor stuff .. the lawn gnomes seem to be in all sorts of places too)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 12:57 AM
Oh? Can you give me an example for that (object name)?

Most of the bathroom decor stuff: Toilet Paper Roll Holder and Hotel Folded Bath Towels are the first couple items.

Another layer of weirdness: all the kitchen decor stuff found under Function/Decoration/Misc are found under Room/Kitchen/Misc, and likewise, all of the bathroom decor stuff found under Function/Decoration/Misc are also found under Room/Bathroom/Accents. However, there are bathroom and kitchen decor items found under Function/Decoration/Clutter which are NOT in Room/Bathroom/Accents or Room/Kitchen/Misc. Happy Teeth Toothbrush Set and Spice of Life Spice Rack are two such examples.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 1:19 AM
Moving this to Create > Objects, since it's more about tagging in general now and less about that particular upload.

The bath towels are BuyCatLD_BathroomAccent and Func_Towel, the toilet paper is BuyCatLD_BathroomAccent only (plus colours) -- so that probably means anything that is BathroomAccent will also show up in the Function>Deco>Misc section. I.e. it's not a way to prevent stuff from showing up in Kitchen, but if one can find a tag that behaves similarly, could use that instead of MiscDecoration.

Clutter is a separate thing, yeah .. the toothbrush only has BuyCatLD_Clutter, there's nothing telling it that it belongs in a bathroom.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 3:49 AM Last edited by FakeHouses|RealAwesome : 14th Dec 2014 at 4:01 AM.
so that probably means anything that is BathroomAccent will also show up in the Function>Deco>Misc section. I.e. it's not a way to prevent stuff from showing up in Kitchen, but if one can find a tag that behaves similarly, could use that instead of MiscDecoration.

Yep, looks like that's the case. And I don't see any other objects in Function/Deco/Misc that aren't also in Kitchen/Misc, so as far as I can tell there isn't another tag that would automatically send that item to Function/Deco/Misc like BathroomAccent does. It seems that anything with MiscDecoration will appear in Kitchen/Misc.

There are a LOT of Maxis items that ought to be shuffled around. By my count, I see 19 objects in Function/Deco/Misc that should be moved to Deco/Clutter in order to get them out of Kitchen/Misc and 7 objects in Deco/Clutter that should be in Deco/Misc so they properly show up in Kitchen/Misc, plus 6 objects currently in Deco/Clutter that should also/instead be in Bathroom/Accents (and thereby Deco/Misc). Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend...