Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:45 AM
Default default eyebrow replacements
So, I've been trying to do some default eyebrow replacements but I'm stuck! I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong.

I tried following the tutorial by ThomasRiordan
here but everytime I go in game to see if they show up I get results like this

Both times I attempted this (2 different eyebrow shapes) neither eyebrow was replaced, and now parts of the eyebrows are now black (as shown in both attached pictures)

Has anybody been successful replacing the default eyebrows? Was there something special you had to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Screenshots

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:29 AM
fix the alpha in dds file in the multipliquer or the specular
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:41 AM
I changed the alpha in the .dds file I extracted from S3PI, maybe I am doing it wrong? I changed it just like in the sims 2 only those weren't dds files. What is the multipliquer or the specular?

Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:04 AM
the multiplier is the dds texture with the alpha in the channels the specular is the dds texture with no alpha in the channels as far as I'm aware the specular is like the sims 2 bumpmap but different
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:25 AM
I am so lost! LOL So does the specular and multiplier have to do how I save the dds file (for instance I can save it as DXT1 (no alpha), DXT1 (1 bit alpha), DXT3 (explicit alpha), DXT5 (interpolated alpha)? Or is this specular and multiplier stuff having to do with different files I need to be editing that I need to extract out of S3PI?

Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:33 AM
well I'm not to sure with the S3PI I've only played with it once when you open the extracted dds click on the channels and see what it has if it has an alpha save it as dxt 5 interpolated alpha I think and if it does not save it as DXT1 no alpha when I did the tutorial I altered a sofa texture and saved it as Dxt1 no alpha and it worked but it was just a guess because the dds I opened had no alpha I use photoshop so I just took a guess because the tut was for gimp and had different settings then ps
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:50 AM
aaahh, I see! I'll try that!! Thanks for explaining!

Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
Bec- Thanks so much for posting that last info! All I needed to do was to look at the channels once in photoshop, I needed to edit the alpha along with all other channels, I saved and put in my package folder and it worked! Yay!! I'll post some pics once I'm done! Thank you again!

Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:07 AM
Just wanted to add a pic! This eyebrow replaces the really thin curvy one, I don't know if it really looks that much better, but yay! At least I got it figured out!

Screenshots

Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:30 AM
yay yay I'm so happy for you well done
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:42 AM
Awesome work! But I think it would look better if the eyebrows were a little less longer, but that's my opinion =P
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:14 PM
Thanks Bec!

Racoon Girl, I got them a little better, here's another pic! What do you think?

Screenshots

Scholar
#13 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:27 PM
These are really nice, but I'd prefer the thicker part of the eye brow to be the bit nearest the bridge of the nose. Maybe it's just the pic but they look thinker to the outside of the eye. I might just be too fussy as I'm a makeup artist.

Great work, I'm struggling with eyes here phew!
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:31 PM
fluttereyes- thanks for the tips! I know, I have some more experimenting to do!

Scholar
#15 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:36 PM
Nah really they look great, it's just really minor things and I'm too fussy. At least you got them to show up, I can't get the eyes to work at all. Working on though, lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:04 PM
fluttereyes- I know I was having trouble with the eyebrows, have you checked the channels in photoshop? That may be what you need to do? I know also I read somewhere HP mentioned deleting all your cache folders, have you tried that?

Scholar
#17 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:03 PM
Jessica, yeah I deleted all the cache files. It's not the photoshop part, I can't get S3PI to save the three files required into one package, it only takes two, I've imported them one at a time, I've done them altogether, it just won't work. I'm flying blind here as tutorials for S3PI are not to be found
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#18 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:09 AM
Jessica_2020 - The eyebrows look great, gj!

fluttereyes - Why won't S3PE let you save all 3 files to one package? Is it throwing an error at you?
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:25 AM
Thanks Snaitf!

fluttereyes- Have you thought about pming Akiea_guniea and asking her if there was something special she had to do when making her eyes?