Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 2:52 AM
Default I deleted a sim with moveobjects
I dont know how to get them back. My sims do this weird thing where they will freeze and cant move and my grandma and child froze for about 18 hours and i just deleted them. Please help! I want them back!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 2:59 AM
Did you try restarting the game?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:02 AM
In Sims and Sims2, if you delete a sim with "moveobjects on" you can just go into the neighborhood screen and then back into the household and they will be at the curb with motives refreshed. I haven't tried it in sims 3 yet, but it might still work.
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
In Sims and Sims2, if you delete a sim with "moveobjects on" you can just go into the neighborhood screen and then back into the household and they will be at the curb with motives refreshed. I haven't tried it in sims 3 yet, but it might still work.

In Sims1 you could delete them and double-click on their portrait and they would respawn with all needs refreshed, but there was a chance that their skills could disappear as well. I don't know if it works the same way in the other two cause I never played sims2 and haven't done it in sims3. After I respawned a sim with full creativity and it got reset back to 0 I never did it again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:26 AM
yeah i have done all of that and it hasnt worked. im getting worried :/
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neevilturtle
yeah i have done all of that and it hasnt worked. im getting worried :/

1. Try going to 'edit town' from your options menu and selecting the 'change active household option'. Choose any other household you want. This will revert your current household and you will lose any wishes you promised but I doubt you're going to complain much. (If you downloaded the new patch it will prevent them from dying/moving out too, just for extra safety)

2. (optional) Maybe play another household in the same neighborhood, make friends with your previous household, go visit them, etc, just to make sure they're still alive.

3. Repeat step one and change your active household again and switch back to your bugged one, and hopefully it will be fixed. Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:43 AM
that worked perfectly!

thank you times one million gazillion katrillion fafillion!
Instructor
#8 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:47 AM
that worked perfectly!

thank you times one million gazillion katrillion fafillion!

Oh good! I was hoping it would, cause otherwise I would have been out of suggestions LOL. And you're welcome, I'm glad I helped. C:
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 5:16 AM
I did that with a kid I didn't want, and when one of my sims got married the kid was listed in the move box, so when the new sim joined the family, the kid was back, so thats one way to make it work -move someone in or out.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mysticrose_x3
I did that with a kid I didn't want, and when one of my sims got married the kid was listed in the move box, so when the new sim joined the family, the kid was back, so thats one way to make it work -move someone in or out.

Or make the entire family move houses, that may work as well. I once had a family and while moving, they just left a baby in the old house (they had 3 or so) but by the time they arrived at the new house, the baby respawned.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 2:41 PM
I dont know how to get them back. My sims do this weird thing where they will freeze and cant move and my grandma and child froze for about 18 hours and i just deleted them. Please help! I want them back!

Well did you save? if not then just restart your computer put the game back on and they will be there once again. Never save when you do that

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 12:09 AM
I had this problem. Go to a house with a sim who has a good relationship with the deleted sim and you can invite them over, have them move in, and then move them back in with their families.

"Oh, let me guess. Another box with a crank that I turn and turn and turn until...whoo...a clown pops out. Then you laugh, the kids laugh, the dog laughs, and I die a little more inside."

-Stewie Griffin, Family Guy
Banned
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 5:17 AM
Next time, instead of deleting them, try resetsim.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 5:33 PM
Ive just realised after ages that every time i delete a sim using move objects on when i save and the next time i play the game that sim is back standing outside my house.
O_O even when i don't want that sim anymore lol.

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Theorist
#15 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 6:39 PM
Quote:
even when i don't want that sim anymore

Well, yeah, the game isn't programmed to use that as a permanent delete on Sims. It shouldn't be used at all on a Sim.

If you want to permanently rid your household of a Sim, go into Town View, click the house and split that Sim from the household, at which point they are put on the clipboard and you can delete them from there. It's that simple!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 11:57 PM
In fact, moveobject does not work very well on sims either, not in TS3 at least. Back in TS2, whenever I dislike a sim, specially those visitors. I could move them to an enclosed cage and let them starve to death there (I regret doing that though to that one girl pissed me off in TS2, she died a horrible death while screaming her lungs off about hunger with that animation).

In TS3, if you try to move sim away, to jail them like I did, or just to move them, they will spawn back the original spot you moved from. In TS2 again, I could keep moving a firefighter and he will never make it out of my lot. But in TS3, my move makes little difference, he would still disappear when his "original location" moves out.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Alchemist
#17 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 2:15 AM
the only real experience i can offer with this topic is that ive deleted ghost sims before multiple times...and they just showed up again the very next night. D<

so i guess if you use moveobjects to delete them, they wont be seen, but still there somehow.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 3:57 PM
On TS3 does anyone know what to do I deleted my pregnant sim with moveobjects because she was going into labor and she was just sleeping and she wouldn't do anything and now I want her back, someone please help!
dodgy builder
#19 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 4:08 PM
You couldn't find an even older thread to necro while you're at it?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 4:18 PM
Yeah. If you're going to bring the 00s back, at least do it right.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#21 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 4:53 PM
Please don't raise the dead! If you'd like to discuss the matter any further I'd suggest creating a new thread instead. Not only will it be easier to get replies faster, it also means that this thread can continue it's 8 years of sleep

Thread closed.
Locked thread | Locked by: Greenplumbbob Reason: Necromancy