Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 12:54 AM
Default Dragon Age inspired home
Hi, I'm thinking about creating a Dragon Age inspired home; the Winter Palace to be more specific. Here is the front:

I know it's going to be a massive challenge, and I'm definitely up for it, but I was wondering how I might go about building the bell tower sort of thing at the very top. I was thinking cfe, but I read that the area under cfe'd floors isn't usable. The bell tower would honesty be more decorative, and it doesn't have to be at all functional. Just in case it's important, that courtyard that's seen barely in that picture is going to be done using a foundation and cfe. And this will all be on a 64x64 lot. As it is, with the floor plan, the winter palace is massive, so I'm already "cheat-squishing" down the floor plan.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 11:00 AM
Go for it!

I hadn't made it to the Winter Palace yet (I quit playing until i get a better graphics card, Still haven't got around to that new card...) but I totally wanted to made a Sims 3 version of Skyhold.
mature minion
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkness947
I was thinking cfe, but I read that the area under cfe'd floors isn't usable.

This is only true if you cfe the room to less than usual height, and even then you can still put objects underneath it

P.S. Good luck with your ambitious project, I look forward to seeing it develop :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 12:58 PM
Cutsocks, I totally get where you're coming from. I had to finish once I started though, and even with my poor card at the time, the Winter Palace was stunning. Thank you Tee Hee She, that little bit of info will make the inside much more functional while keeping that palatial look on the outside.