Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2016 at 6:55 AM Last edited by CrazySheep808 : 31st Jul 2016 at 2:43 AM.
Default Sims 3 Lot Types - All Expansions
Hi everyone

I was looking for a list of lot opening hours, and couldn't seem to find one all in one place. So... I've made one. It's basically an update to this thread -> http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...es#startcomment (NB Lot types are now set in Edit Town - no need for a certain number of certain types of objects)

This is very much a work in progress and any additional info can be added as it is found. I mostly just wanted the hours but as some other information is lot-type specific, it made sense to throw it in too. If you have or can confirm anything, please post and I'll update.

Community Lot TypeNotesOpening HoursEncourages use ofAttractsDeters
Academy (WA)Martial ArtsExplorers
Arcade (UL)Bowling, Mini-Stage, Bar10am-4amJocks
Art GalleryPaintingArtisticCan't Stand Art
Base Camp (WA/OL)Home-
Beach-AthleticAthletic; Loves OutdoorsHates Outdoors
Big ParkBeautiful Park Moodlet-Magician NPCs
Big Show Venue (ST)Rabbithole, Perform Gigs
Bot Emporium (ITF)BotBuildingBot Fans
Business Park (ITF)Park with Legacy Statues-
Cafeteria (ITF)
Cat Jungle (Pets)-Cat Person
Chinese Garden (WA)Zen Moodlet
Coffeehouse (ST)Part-Rabbithole, Perform Gigs
Consignment Store (Amb)Sells items at 5pm9am-6pm
Dance Club (LN)Busiest Friday/Saturday5pm-4amDancingParty Animals, Music Career
Disco Club (LN)Busiest Friday/Saturday5pm-4amDancingParty Animals
Dive Bar (LN)Busiest on Weekdays11am-3am
Dive Bar Criminal (Hidden)
Diving Area (Hidden) (IP)
Dog Park (Pets)-Dog PersonHates Outdoors
Dormitory (UL)Home-
Dried-up Beach (ITF)-
Elixir Consignment Store (SN)
Equestrian Centre (Pets)Rabbithole
Exclusive Lounge (LN)Busiest Friday/Saturday2pm-2amCharismaStar Quality, Schmoozer, Film CareerFrugal, Slob
Festival Grounds (Sns)8am-9pm
Fire Station (Amb)Fire truck, alarm, living facilities-
Fishing Spot-FishingAngler
Fraternity (UL)Home-
Fusion Lounge (LN)Busiest Friday/Saturday2pm-2amCharisma, Martial ArtsDramatic, Excitable
Future Lounge (ITF)Busiest Friday/Saturday9am-3amAdvanced TechnologyFuture Sim, Bot FanTechnophobe
Gallery Shop (ITF)
GraveyardCreepy Graveyard Moodlet except Brave, Evil-Witnessed Relative's Death, Hates Outdoors
Group Science Park (UL)
GymFit Atmosphere MoodletAthleticAthletic, DisciplinedCouch Potato
Hangout-Party Animal, Social ButterflyLoner
Hidden Tomb (Hidden) (WA)No Map Tag-
Horse Ranch (Pets)Train your horse-RidingEquestrian, Animal Lover, Riding Skill
Java Hut (UL)9am-1am
Junkyard (Amb)Handiness, Inventing
Junkyard with no visitors (Amb)-
Landmark Tomb (WA)-Explorers
Laundromat (Amb)NeatSlob
LibraryPower Study MoodletGenius, Bookworm
Live Show Venue (ST)"Hangout", Perform Gigs24hrs
Local Watering Hole (LN)Weekdays11am-3amBrave, Hot-headed
Market (WA)Registers
Nectary (WA)Nectar Register, Racks
Nerd Shop (UL)8am-2amNerds
No Visitors AllowedPark Map Tag but no moodlet-
Pet Store (Pets Limited Edition)Pet Register
Plumbot Competition Arena (ITF)Rabbithole
PoolLovely Pool MoodletAthletic
Poolside Club (LN)Busiest Friday/Saturday5pm-4amDancingHydrophobic
Port (IP)Home-
Private Venue (ST)"Hangout", Perform Gigs5pm-4am
Rebel Hangout (UL)6am-1am
Recreational Park (ITF)Park-
Resort (IP)Run a resort, or stay there-
Salon (Amb)Stylist Career?????
Small Market (WA)Fewer visitorsCouch Potato
Small ParkFewer visitors-
Sorority (UL)Home-
Sports Bar (LN)Weekdays11am-3amAthleticAthletic, DaredevilShy, Coward
Student Union (UL)
Supernatural Hangout (SN)10am-3amSupernatural Creatures
University Hangout (UL)-
Vampire Lounge (LN)Busiest Friday/Saturday2pm-2amCharismaVampires, Virtuoso, Loner
Visitors AllowedPark Map Tag but no moodlet-
Wasteland (ITF)-

I would really like the opening hours of the salon to be confirmed. Will do some digging but help filling in this chart would be welcome.

Cheers and happy simming
Sheep

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th May 2016 at 7:20 AM
This looks very handy; thanks for putting it together. Would it be possible to add a column indicating the EP needed to make the lot type available in-game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2016 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
This looks very handy; thanks for putting it together. Would it be possible to add a column indicating the EP needed to make the lot type available in-game?

Good idea, added after name. I suspect with patches everybody should have Visitors Allowed and No Visitors Allowed, even though they didn't ship with the original game.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th May 2016 at 3:46 AM
Thanks for this! The salon is always open but a stylist and tattoo artist are not always available. I will see if I can figure out their hours.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 26th May 2016 at 1:33 PM
I've seen a different version of it from someone on here. It was more from a modders view, with more technical information. You should be a bit careful what you take on, because the level of diversity is massiv. Some of the zonings excludes some objects as well, do you want that to be a part of it as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2016 at 12:26 AM
Could you please post a link.

Also I don't think we'll need to fill in every. Single. Box. If the information is available I'll add it but there's no point beating ourselves up to finish it.

I use Buzzler's Build/buy restriction choker so am not worried about object availability.

dodgy builder
#7 Old 27th May 2016 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrazySheep808
I use Buzzler's Build/buy restriction choker so am not worried about object availability.

I wasn't that clear on the objects. I mean like the barista bar from the uni exp didn't work with a NPC anywhere else than in a uni exp setup last time i checked. I also had a similar problem the basecamp. The bar didn't span (how do you write that again) an NPC among other things. I had lots of those problems when I made my worlds. I don't remember them all now. Of course all the objects that doesn't have a NPC on a residential lot, only commertial lots.

I remember it being a constant announce when i built my world.

I'll see if I can find a link.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th May 2016 at 11:37 PM
I haven't had any issues with the Barista Bar thingy, worked just fine on community lots (of course!) in riverview and sunset valley. Have used it to make several cat cafes as it serves food and coffee and cleans up and I can focus on building the cats' play area.

BTW it's "spawn" and "annoyance" (I'm a languages teacher, I hope that was helpful rather than condescending!)

Cheers

dodgy builder
#9 Old 28th May 2016 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrazySheep808
I haven't had any issues with the Barista Bar thingy, worked just fine on community lots (of course!) in riverview and sunset valley. Have used it to make several cat cafes as it serves food and coffee and cleans up and I can focus on building the cats' play area.

BTW it's "spawn" and "annoyance" (I'm a languages teacher, I hope that was helpful rather than condescending!)

Cheers

Thanks. I was trying to make my mobile phone check it for me, didn't work at all. btw. I can't find that link, why don't I use that save feature in my browser more often