Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 7:10 AM
Default disappearing seasonal lot marker
I had a great idea, I thought--make an art gallery with a seasonal lot marker on it, so it can have four different exhibitions over the period of the sim year. I got the common items set up, made the spring exhibit, saved, exited... and when I re-entered the seasonal lot marker is no longer visible anywhere so I can't use it. It is not gone, according to the game, which will not let me place a new one. Also, I left it in spring or common, but the game thinks it is in summer--does that mean anything? My most likely course is to start over, but I'd like to try to salvage this first, or failing that, to have some idea of why it happened and maybe how to prevent it in the future.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 3:49 PM
I would probably ask the modders at neaas if they have anything to either clean it up or make it visible.

When I'm using the public and hidden markers I'm always a bit worried they will disappear too. Once I put them down though they are fully visible.
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 4:19 PM
When you re-entered build/buy mode, was buydebug enabled? The seasonal lot marker is only visible when buydebug is enabled, even after it has been placed in the world.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 3:46 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 10th Jun 2016 at 6:02 AM.
Butterbot: yes, I enabled testing cheats and buydebug. Volvenom, thanks for the suggestion, I'll ask over there. edit: no, I won't, because on reloading it was mysteriously fixed.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 12:15 AM
Great idea! I am glad the seasonal marker decided to return. TS3- driving us crazy since 2009...