Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 4:48 AM
Default Can't find object error
I'm trying to make some objects like plates that are stackable, but sometimes after stacking multiple objects on top of each other I get a "can't find object" error when trying to delete them. This happens intermittently, affecting some objects one time and other objects the next. Does anyone know what's causing this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 10:56 PM
Hi!
What is a programm you use for that and what is an objects you clone to make your own?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Galaxy777
Hi!
What is a programm you use for that and what is an objects you clone to make your own?

I'm using Sims 4 Studio. I pulled out some debug items like plates and bowls and wanted to make them stackable but when I stack more than one on top of each other I eventually get the error.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 10:02 PM Last edited by Galaxy777 : 10th Sep 2016 at 6:54 AM. Reason: Updated
Quote: Originally posted by Madhox
I'm using Sims 4 Studio. I pulled out some debug items like plates and bowls and wanted to make them stackable but when I stack more than one on top of each other I eventually get the error.

How did you make them stackable?
Speaking of such objects, i have in my game a few similar objects and all of them have some limit on the number of objects that you can place on them. When you place more than this limit can let you, you get some "error" (update: my following object doesn't generate any errors).

If you want to get just decorative stackable object, then you better to take any decorative object and clone it to create yours, and then you need just add a new slot and bone for decorative objects, that's all. Other decorative objects will be placed on your new slot/bone. If you don't want any problems with your objects, then you don't need to clone debug objects, because they are functional objects, not decorative. So they probably will generate an error. But i don't know for sure. I just think that it's more correct to use any decorative objects to create decorative stackable objects instead debug plates.

P.S. That's more easier with TSRWorkshop than S4S. But it's only my opinion. I just use it to create my own objects and it's more comfortable for me to work with any slots and bones, because they are displayed there more clearly (i don't know how to explain this better) and you can move them by hand, not only by using coordinates.
I created with the help of TSRW a decorative stackable object for you, so you can see how it has to work correctly (in this version there is no limit, so you can place any number of your objects). It's a folder from "Get to work". By default it hasn't any container slots and bones for these slots. I added them and connected them with each other. And moved them to top of folder. So, this folder became a stackable decorative object. It works perfectly and correctly.

That's some tests with this folder. I almost built a column of these folders.

You can use this to see how i made it (or just for example) that then to create your own stackable object by adding new slots/bones, or just you can use it to create your own objects (by cloning) and etc. I just want to help you to figure out what you did wrong.

I think you can do it by using S4S too. I just didn't work with slots/bones in it yet.

Important! Don't forget to change (or set up) the size of your new slot. It should be the same as the size of your object. In other case, your second object can't be placed on first object.
File Type: zip  Galaxy_Folder with decor slot for test.zip (16.1 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Made with TSRW
File Type: zip  Galaxy_Folder with decor slot for test (S4S version).zip (32.3 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Made with S4S
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 4:14 PM
To make mine I cloned the debug items, changed them to decor in the object definition, and added slots. I don't know anything about bones, maybe that's the problem. I attached an example of what I made if you want to look at it. I'm going to do some more research on bones and see if I can find where I messed up. Thanks so so much for your help!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MadHox_BDC_GlassBowl.rar (32.5 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Galaxy777 : 10th Sep 2016 at 7:50 PM.
I checked your objects (from kitchen set) in the game and i don't know what an error you are talking about.
Your objects work perfectly. But there is one thing: "bowl" and "glass bowl" have additional rigs with no name. Interesting why, because they don't have these rigs in original objects. But that's not the reason, because even these objects work perfectly. But anyway you better to delete them, because they don't connected with decor slots. But maybe it's not nessecary.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 10:00 PM
The error is random, sometimes affecting some objects, sometimes others, and sometimes not at all. I may try just exporting the meshes and importing them into a cloned object. Maybe it's something left over from the original debug object.

I checked your objects (from kitchen set) in the game and i don't know what an error you are talking about.
Your objects work perfectly. But there is one thing: "bowl" and "glass bowl" have additional rigs with no name. Interesting why, because they don't have these rigs in original objects. But that's not the reason, because even these objects work perfectly. But anyway you better to delete them, because they don't connected with decor slots. But maybe it's not nessecary.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 2:16 AM
The error is random, sometimes affecting some objects, sometimes others, and sometimes not at all. I may try just exporting the meshes and importing them into a cloned object. Maybe it's something left over from the original debug object.

I got it now.
I just faced with that problem when i was testing my objects and yours again. But i got that error with "Glass bowl", that contains another one no name bone. Maybe is that a reason? I think you need to try to delete this bone and to test again your objects. Or do you mean that error is generated with all objects? I just tested only "glass bowl" and "bowl".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 2:34 AM
I got it now.
I just faced with that problem when i was testing my objects and yours again. But i got that error with "Glass bowl", that contains another one no name bone. Maybe is that a reason? I think you need to try to delete this bone and to test again your objects. Or do you mean that error is generated with all objects? I just tested only "glass bowl" and "bowl".

I found a fix for it. I imported a rig from another deco object and that seems to have solved it. I tested it pretty extensively and didn't have any issues. Thank you so much for your help!
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 3:27 AM
I found a fix for it. I imported a rig from another deco object and that seems to have solved it. I tested it pretty extensively and didn't have any issues. Thank you so much for your help!

Which deco object did you use?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 4:55 AM

It's the same if you would just take any decor object and made yours by cloning it.

P.S. Did you that for all objects? Or only for a bowl and a glass bowl? I mean objects that contain an additional bone with no name.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrazenLotus

Good question.
But you can take any deco objects (even without container slots) and just add a new bone and slot to it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrazenLotus

It was called the happy toothbrush set or something like that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 5:46 AM
It's the same if you would just take any decor object and made yours by cloning it.

P.S. Did you that for all objects? Or only for a bowl and a glass bowl? I mean objects that contain an additional bone with no name.

I did it for all the items I added slots to, I left the rest alone since it didn't cause any problems for them - and I had a lot of objects
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 2:47 AM
This doesn't work to fix any of my objects.