Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:36 PM
Default Just got the World Adventures EP what should I do
So I just got the world adventures EP which I've wanted for a long time but would always get another expansion because one feature intruiged me. Now that I have it whats your favourite features that i could try out
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:53 PM
World adventures are about solving puzzles and scripted play. It's a bit of a departure from the sandbox concept the sims. If you like that sort of thing, WA is you game!

I don't find much point in getting visa points and solving puzzles. Go straight for the tiberium or supernovium. Tiberium is 40,000 similoans. If you have Supernatural, that more than doubles to at least 80,000 simolian (with the SN gem cutting machine, you get 40 kS from the cut, and another 40 kS from the pile of Tiberium dust - and sometimes you get 2 piles of dust not just one).

If you have university and level 9 science skill, you're rich beyond your wildest dreams because you can sample and clone tiberium at the rate of 1 tiberium/hr (15 minute sample, 45 minute clone). An 8 hour day means 8 tiberium and 320,000 simolians.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
World adventures are about solving puzzles and scripted play. It's a bit of a departure from the sandbox concept the sims. If you like that sort of thing, WA is you game!

I don't find much point in getting visa points and solving puzzles. Go straight for the tiberium or supernovium. Tiberium is 40,000 similoans. If you have Supernatural, that more than doubles to at least 80,000 simolian (with the SN gem cutting machine, you get 40 kS from the cut, and another 40 kS from the pile of Tiberium dust - and sometimes you get 2 piles of dust not just one).

If you have university and level 9 science skill, you're rich beyond your wildest dreams because you can sample and clone tiberium at the rate of 1 tiberium/hr (15 minute sample, 45 minute clone). An 8 hour day means 8 tiberium and 320,000 simolians.

So this is the EP tiberium comes in, the odd time ive used supernatural I always though my dog was just terrible at hunting caase i assumed it came in that pack,i am currently using university in my game so it seems my sims wont be struggling teenagers saving up for their first house anymore
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:10 PM
My goal was to explore every tomb and my sims did. I liked this EP very much. My sims learned winemaking, martial arts, all there was to offer. IMO do it all. My family collected everything possible to get. This is your sandbox. Play it however you want to play it.
Instructor
#5 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 5:31 PM
In WA I like the new activities most, like learning martial arts or nectar making. You can have these activities / lot types in your base neighborhood as well, you don't have to travel for them necessarily. Also if you like to build, WA has some good stuff (objects and nicely textured floors and walls), and they can be surprisingly useful not only for French / Chinese / Egyptian builds.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 7:36 PM
If you like custom worlds, I note quite a lot of them seem to require WA.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 7:46 PM
WA has the best item ever in a sims game... the Processor.

http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...:_The_Processor
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsNeedLots
So I just got the world adventures EP which I've wanted for a long time but would always get another expansion because one feature intruiged me. Now that I have it whats your favourite features that i could try out

MAKE A WINE CELLAR!!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:57 PM
WA is one of my favorites and combined with the NRaas Traveler Mod there are so many different ways to play the WA worlds and create other vacation destinations. Take a peek at the FAQ in the link I provided.
Alchemist
#10 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samppuli
MAKE A WINE CELLAR!!

That's one of my favorite things to do, as well. Though, my simmies probably don't like me very much because I won't let them touch any of the extremely rare bottles.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
WA is one of my favorites and combined with the NRaas Traveler Mod there are so many different ways to play the WA worlds and create other vacation destinations. Take a peek at the FAQ in the link I provided.

I always use that mod to move worlds but keep relationships intact its going to be used much more now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samppuli
MAKE A WINE CELLAR!!

YES YES YES the local consignment shop is going to be treated like an off licence now
Theorist
#13 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

Geeeez, I remember that object........It feels like you need a degree to use it. Why did they make it so difficult to use?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 5:16 PM
Hmm, I didn't find it difficult, it's just Bolean logic. It's very flexible and allows you to combine objects to make fiendish puzzles.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 6:12 PM
I don't find much point in getting visa points and solving puzzles.

The coins you find in the tombs can also be a source of wealth. The Sultan's Tabernacle tents sell for a good sum of money ($50,000 when it's first bought) and it is easy to build enough coins to buy one while you are in the tombs looking to fill out collections. There's a reason it came with the No Bills LTR- you can become incredibly rich with not a lot of effort.

I definitely second Barbarat's recommendation for getting Traveler. Putting a base camp or buying a second home in a world you like but don't want to live in full time is nice. For example, I like Bridgeport but the routing drives me nuts sometimes. So when I feel like having a sim spend some time bar hopping, I have them go on vacation. Any of the vacation worlds can also be used for doing things that take a while (learning skills, writing long books, etc.) without having to worry about jobs or maintaining relationships.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

Am I the only one who was surprised and a little disappointed to not find some kind of super duper food processor on the other end of that link?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Am I the only one who was surprised and a little disappointed to not find some kind of super duper food processor on the other end of that link?

Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
The coins you find in the tombs can also be a source of wealth. The Sultan's Tabernacle tents sell for a good sum of money ($50,000 when it's first bought) and it is easy to build enough coins to buy one while you are in the tombs looking to fill out collections. There's a reason it came with the No Bills LTR- you can become incredibly rich with not a lot of effort.

I definitely second Barbarat's recommendation for getting Traveler. Putting a base camp or buying a second home in a world you like but don't want to live in full time is nice. For example, I like Bridgeport but the routing drives me nuts sometimes. So when I feel like having a sim spend some time bar hopping, I have them go on vacation. Any of the vacation worlds can also be used for doing things that take a while (learning skills, writing long books, etc.) without having to worry about jobs or maintaining relationships.

My imagination ran wild with the Sutlan's tabernacle. I thought it was some sort of house that you could bring with you and equip with all kinds of things; kitchen, science station, bathrooms. Nope, it's just a tent like other tents. I was rather upset that I spent so much time to get a tent. I already HAD a tent from the general store.

Never thought to sell it, and didn't see the new No Bills LTR.

Traveler! Yes... gotta do that.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 7:53 PM
IMO Traveler is a must have.
Site Helper
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 2:38 AM
My imagination ran wild with the Sultan's tabernacle. I thought it was some sort of house that you could bring with you and equip with all kinds of things; kitchen, science station, bathrooms. Nope, it's just a tent like other tents. I was rather upset that I spent so much time to get a tent. I already HAD a tent from the general store.

Never thought to sell it, and didn't see the new No Bills LTR.

Traveler! Yes... gotta do that.

But it's a comfortable tent. :p

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook