Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 5:36 PM
Default Proof of Concept: Working elevators outside San Myshuno
How to do it: Elevators create a hub-and-spokes network with the building shell as the hub. You need an object in the lot that the elevators see as the hub in order for elevators to work, which is why unlocked elevators don't work outside buildings.

I went around that by creating a clone of the elevator (the Master Elevator) that works as the building shell; this requires adding a new bone named _route_0 (cloned from the already existing _route_ bone) and tagging the clone with Tag: 0x0626 Build_IsShellBuilding. This has one side-effect in that the object then becomes invisible if placed in a basement, something I'm not sure how to avoid, or if it can be avoided at all.

In the attached files I did a few further changes to unlock the elevators and remove a few tunings that make no sense when the elevator isn't the sole entry point for the lot.

I don't recommend using more than one object tagged with Build_IsShellBuilding, such as my master elevator; the code doesn't expect it, and the behavior could become unpredictable.

The Slave Elevator in the attached file is there mostly for convenience, this should work with the default elevators if you unlock them.

How to use it: place one master elevator somewhere above ground, slave elevators anywhere else. They work like a portal linking any two elevators anywhere in the lot. You might need some mod to allow multiple elevators per lot, such as the Elevator Limit Increased by WeeAlbet (can be downloaded from the description of the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGdOUVPdSeQ.

I'm not going to release this as a full fledged mod; anyone is free to use what I found to create a proper mod, even directly using the resources in the attached files if they so desire.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  DW_Elevator.7z (3.2 KB, 1019 downloads) - View custom content