Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 8:59 PM
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 2:36 PM
There was a white unarmed teen in South Alabama who was gunned by a black cop on his college campus because he was under the influence of LSD and was acting "erratic". Nobody rioted about that? I can post the source if you want proof.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Field Researcher
#28 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 2:41 PM
Scholar
#29 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 2:52 PM
Why does every newspaper and tv show talk about race, it doesn't fucking what race or the colour of skin the person has.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Theorist
#30 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
Why does every newspaper and tv show talk about race, it doesn't fucking what race or the colour of skin the person has.

Apparently it does.

Here's a white guy with a long criminal record, armed to the teeth in front of a high school. Not shot dead by police. Meanwhile a black man is shot dead while shopping for a BB gun. In the store. No charges filed? You betcha!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 10:15 PM

That incident was so horrifying - on the surveillance footage he's just standing in the aisle looking down at his phone or something like it's just a normal day in Walmart and then he's shot and goes down - like they didn't even say 'put your hands up' or anything.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 5:07 AM

The driver, Lisa Mahone, has a petition on Change.org to get the charges against the passenger, Jamal Jones, dropped.
Theorist
#33 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 5:46 AM
Yeah, how many times do you imagine white people get pulled over for a seat belt violation, that ends with a gun drawn, their window broke, and being tased? The only time a cop's ever even brought up the status of my seat belt was when I had a mohawk and they'd pull me over for doing 36 in a 35, just to spend two hours searching my car for drugs and pulling their dicks.

Some of my black friends? Yeah, I've heard some of them call it three or four times a year, sometimes when they were wearing their seatbelts anyways, just for the cops to write them a ticket regardless. "It's not about race?" It's all about race and racist, authority abusing cops out of control and unfettered by any constraint or oversight.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 11:52 PM

Be sure to keep those guns aimed at the corpse - you never know, he might turn into a killer zombie.
Theorist
#35 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:00 PM
So after murdering the guy in Walmart for trying to buy a BB-Gun, the cops tried to browbeat his girlfriend into admitting it was his fault.

Regardless of the color of your skin, I want each and every one of you, whether you're American or otherwise, to pay attention:

THE POLICE ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.

The job of the police is to arrest people and to get a paycheck. In pursuit of that they've got very few limitations. Do not talk to cops. Do not smile at cops. Do not look at cops if you can help it. Do not attract their attention, because their attention is only worth arresting you, harrassing you, killing you, or threatening you. If you're lucky enough to be warranted legal representation in those situations where you must interact with cops, seek it. zip those lips, wait for a lawyer, and hope the cops don't kill or beat you. That's the best you can hope for. They may wear uniforms, but don't mistake police officers for anything other than the state-sanctioned gang. That's all they are. They're not there for you, they're there for themselves and each other and that's all.
Scholar
#36 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 8:00 PM

Hmm, a white 12 year old was shot by a black man in Georgia. It's sad that a thug is basically the centre of the news and this boy's death is basically a footnote because he was white.

Theorist
#37 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 8:58 PM
Hmm, a white 12 year old was shot by a black man in Georgia. It's sad that a thug is basically the centre of the news and this boy's death is basically a footnote because he was white.

What's sad is that you can't understand the vast difference between a civilian committing an illegal action, and the supposed state-sponsored enforcers of the law getting a free pass to ignore it. One is a tragedy, the other is a travesty. When you're old enough to understand the difference, maybe you can stop into these threads and I'll take you seriously again. We're not bemoaning the death of a person, we're uttering the epitaph of the law and our supposedly egalitarian society.

But by all means, feel free to continue your missing-the-point narrative.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 9:14 PM
ChinchillaJesus, I am curious about the fact that you have cited one incident, which only tangentially relates to the discussion, while Mistermook has several examples with a more direct link to this debate. Perhaps you could research arrest statistics on the matter to bolster your argument? After all, if what you say is true, then you should be able to find far more evidence to support your claim than one story.

Not to mention that you seem to be ignoring any contrary arguments for the sake of mentioning that one story. Peoples' deaths go unremarked every day. Ferguson was put in the spotlight because it highlighted a fundamental problem with our justice system.

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=H...pUpM70MjSRW66Zw

That kid who died is tragic. However, it does not have any connection to a larger problem. He was not famous. He was killed by a random druggie. These factors mean that to the media, it's not attention-getting. Media is a business. It wants to get viewers so it can sell advertising slots so it gets money. Thus, they don't care.

Ferguson, on the other hand, is not about Michael Brown's death. It's about the underlying racism in the system and whether or not the people who are supposed to protect us are corrupt. To one side, it's a representation of all the times police have killed or discriminated against black people. To others, it's a cop getting beat up by the public for killing a clearly dangerous criminal. That is controversial. Controversy = viewers. It means they can run endless specials advertising different viewpoints on the subject, analyzing every piece of evidence that crops up, and people will watch all of it. The case you described is straightforward. Random druggie kills random kid. Run the story once or twice and people lose interest.

Besides, the riots are about trying to force the government to pay attention and get the police system into a less corrupt state. I don't think the druggie has anything to do with governmental, legal, or judicial corruption.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 7:28 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 16th Dec 2014 at 3:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
So after murdering the guy in Walmart for trying to buy a BB-Gun, the cops tried to browbeat his girlfriend into admitting it was his fault.

Regardless of the color of your skin, I want each and every one of you, whether you're American or otherwise, to pay attention:

THE POLICE ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.

The job of the police is to arrest people and to get a paycheck. In pursuit of that they've got very few limitations. Do not talk to cops. Do not smile at cops. Do not look at cops if you can help it. Do not attract their attention, because their attention is only worth arresting you, harrassing you, killing you, or threatening you. If you're lucky enough to be warranted legal representation in those situations where you must interact with cops, seek it. zip those lips, wait for a lawyer, and hope the cops don't kill or beat you. That's the best you can hope for. They may wear uniforms, but don't mistake police officers for anything other than the state-sanctioned gang. That's all they are. They're not there for you, they're there for themselves and each other and that's all.

They count on the fact that people are scared when they get stopped by the police and hope they can make it all go away - your only hope is to realize that any encounter with them can only go forward - there's no rewinding. And keeping as quiet as possible and not giving them anything to work with is the way to go - definitely not arguing because then they get to say you resisted arrest or the insane 'resisted a police officer'.
I remember the days when if there was a neighbor dispute and someone called the cops, they would show up and try to mediate. Two of my neighbors got in a fight, one of them called the cops, and then he was trying to explain his side of the story. The cop was like 'be quiet', but he was like 'no, just let me tell you...' The cop screams 'shut the fuck up!' and slams him on the ground and puts him in handcuffs.
The scariest thing for black men is the 'split second decision' thing - where they can shoot you for no reason and then not even be prosecuted because they had to make a 'split second decision' (edit) to shoot you for no reason . Even when the initial 'crime' is walking in the street.
Theorist
#40 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:09 AM Last edited by Mistermook : 17th Dec 2014 at 1:33 AM.
As a cop, my peers were racist and violent and there's only one fix.

Which I bring up because I kept thinking about this:

in relation to this:
Quote:
One example: A couple of officers ran a Web site called St. Louis Coptalk, where officers could post about their experience and opinions. At some point during my career, it became so full of racist rants that the site administrator temporarily shut it down. Cops routinely called anyone of color a “thug,” whether they were the victim or just a bystander.
Instructor
#41 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:50 AM
I think what people are most upset about is the entire issue of white privilege.

Do white people get attacked and killed by black people? Of course. It happens. Nobody is denying that. The difference is that you don't get to claim that white privilege is any less of a thing. White people in the U.S. are always given the benefit of a doubt. Those Bundy ranch idiots were given such a white gloved treatment by authorities when they were CLEARLY doing illegal things, and pointing guns at law enforcement officials while doing said illegal things. Had those "protesters" been people of color, they'd be dead.

Just put it into simple role reversal. At the Bundy ranch fiasco, they were "protesting" in support of Cliven Bundy's "right" to squat on public land. Imagine if there was a large vacant building in a poor neighborhood of Anycity, USA. Say a large, abandoned, post office. And a small army of black people, armed to the teeth, occupied that building and refused to vacate it. Not only would the police just automatically assume they were up to no good, the media would as well. They'd probably have stormed the building with riot gear and smoke grenades.

That's white privilege in a nutshell. In the U.S., the police have a "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality when dealing with people of color. Just look at that kid in the Cleveland park. 12 year old kid, playing with a toy gun in a public park. A police officer just drove up, got out of his car, and shot the kid. And on and on and on these stories just KEEP ON HAPPENING.

So yeah... I'm not buying the "but they shoot white people too!" false equivalency.

And on a slightly tangential note... can people stop using the word "thug" to refer to black people? I've noticed it getting a lot of airtime on a certain news channel with certain political proclivities. People are clearly using it as a stand-in for words that are universally considered blatantly racist. Words that start with the letter 'N', for instance. So yeah. Cut that shit out.
Theorist
#42 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:02 AM Last edited by Mistermook : 18th Dec 2014 at 5:08 PM.
I don't know what to do with good white people.

EDIT: FIXED THE LINK. I HOPE.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:54 PM
^ The link is saying 'server not found' for me.

Dorian Johnson consistent in accounts of Brown shooting

Witness 40

Interesting that Dorian Johnson's testimony has consistently been ignored, while a known fabulist, Witness 40's testimony was 'key'. But there was nothing racist going on here....
Theorist
#44 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:14 PM Last edited by Mistermook : 20th Dec 2014 at 7:31 AM.
It's all the sort of stuff that would have come out in a real trial. If there had been a real trial instead of the bullshit grand jury cover-my-ass maneuver they performed.

EDIT:
Of course, he knew it was fixed from the start...
Banned
Original Poster
#45 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 10:18 AM
NYPD Cops shot, gunman then killed self: http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd...le-in-brooklyn/
Theorist
#46 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 7:13 PM
And the way the NYPD seems to be playing this, it's all the Mayor's fault and this makes it okay to kill civilians because cop'n is hard. Meanwhile, cops are the fattest profession.
Banned
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
And the way the NYPD seems to be playing this, it's all the Mayor's fault and this makes it okay to kill civilians because cop'n is hard. Meanwhile, cops are the fattest profession.

There will be revenge-related shootings by police next year.
Theorist
#48 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
There will be revenge-related shootings by police next year.

There are already revenge killings by police. That's essentially what every shooting by a police officer of someone who "looked threatening" is about when civilians watch the video and such and go "what the hell?!" The cops watch it and go "Look! I heard this one cop tell this one story about this one time and this black guy was really bad, and it's scary as hell, therefore all black guys are scary, and I'm not going to let them kill me: I'm going to kill them first." That was essentially Darren Wilson's testimony. That was the statement about the 12 year old the cop shot in Illinois recently. Being a cop is scary, therefore it's completely justified in their heads to shoot people who scare them, because they have a right to protect themselves from scary people regardless of their actual threat level or the nature of their crimes.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 3:31 AM
The media is corrupt anyways.....at this point there is no real truth to this whole situation...except what we individually experience...and if we all knew the real whole truth of it I have a bad feeling things would get alot worse....more violence on both sides etc... As for you @ChinchillaJesus you keep mentioning these black officers and security persons that shoot white people, but you fail to mention what happens to the black cop......whether or not it makes the headlines is not the issue, whether he gets the same treatment as a white cop would be the issue.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 6:23 AM
There are even more revenge etc happening and complete disregard to laws from police towards people of color than we will ever even know about unless experienced first hand- thus the corrupt media...Just like most people don't know that even long before this...lynchings were and still are happening down south....even in a country with a black President hello...don't trust the media.

Page 2 of 3