Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 3664 (Who?), Viewed: 153569 times.
Page 147 of 147
Top Secret Researcher
#3651 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:53 AM
Sometimes the hair mesh is just not even available anymore, and it just feels like way too much trouble either way for anything I have to follow a link to find separately. But I've actually got a specific sub-folder in my Downloads for sims that are going to get stripped of their CC.
Mad Poster
#3652 Old Yesterday at 2:27 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : Today at 12:39 AM. Reason: Typo:"window" not "widow"!
Well, I see I got one Disagree on my last post in this thread, though I've no idea what that was for. Maybe for the ancient millionaire with the teenage bride. Well I can understand that some people might find that objectionable, but we can hardly say that it never happens.

Anyway, I think I can add at least a partial Disagree to my own post myself. Back when I was just starting to play, and I opened up the game for the first time, I went into CAS and created my teenage Sim Andrew (whom you all know!) I was just going t create him on his own, and add other Sims for him to interact with later. But CAS insisted that I give him a parent. So very, very hurriedly I made Gloria, his mum. I'm so glad the game made me do that. If I'd had my way, poor Andrew would have been an orphan.

As soon as I started to play them, I was impressed by how close Andrew and Gloria were. (Remember this was my very first time playing.) Chat, Play Red Hands, Friendly Hug, Family Kiss -- mother and teenage son were inseparable. They were always doing things together. I looked at Gloria's Fears Panel. "Have a bad conversation with Andrew," was about the worst thing she could think of! I watched their intense conversations over meals as they sat together at the little table by the window overlooking the back garden. The powerful mother-son bond between them became a major feature of my early game, and indeed has remained so ever since. I was, and remain, a relentless micromanager, but this love for each other was something that Andrew and Gloria autonomously taught me about. It certainly influenced how I played them. Gloria made a Herculean effort to help Andrew get back on his feet at school, when he got hopelessly behind with his homework. Later, when the army gave Gloria a (totally undeserved) Dishonourable Discharge, Andrew in his turn gave her equally solid help and support until she was working in a job that she enjoyed. They have let me know that, whatever betide, they'll always be there for each other.

So, all in all, while I'd like to be able to place teens alone, or with unrelated Sims now, I'm very glad that, back then, the game made me give Andrew his mum!

So at least a partial Disagree with myself!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
#3653 Old Yesterday at 7:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Minor pet peeve: When Body Shop sims become half-aliens because you deleted their CC hair and you can't fix it in BS because it won't allow you to choose another hair.

I wonder if that's what happened to a random townie in Hazelton. He was completely bald and no matter what I tried, he was permanently bald. I think I ended up removing his eyebrows and pretending he had alopecia universalis or something.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Instructor
#3654 Old Yesterday at 7:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I wonder if that's what happened to a random townie in Hazelton. He was completely bald and no matter what I tried, he was permanently bald. I think I ended up removing his eyebrows and pretending he had alopecia universalis or something.

I had that problem once and I was so desperate to fix it that I performed Alt Surgery on him with an identical version of himself with hair.

Though when I have bald townies due to missing hairs, they usually just grab another hair on their own the next time they appear, so I don't worry too much when I find one.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.
Field Researcher
#3655 Old Yesterday at 2:17 PM
when toddlers ask for read me and it cant be autonomously stopped

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
Fun Facts:this time i know it's for real is my favorite song
been playing sims since i was like 8 or something
really dumb and scarily realistic in games
Field Researcher
#3656 Old Yesterday at 6:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234

No autonomous read to me: http://cyjon.net/node/69
Field Researcher
#3657 Old Yesterday at 6:13 PM
i'm sure i downloaded it one time but then again only about a quater of my sims 2 downloads is 1470 downloads or something so it might have conflicted

Top Secret Researcher
#3658 Old Yesterday at 9:46 PM
Quote:
i'm sure i downloaded it one time but then again only about a quater of my sims 2 downloads is 1470 downloads or something so it might have conflicted

That is literally what the HCDU is for.
Field Researcher
#3659 Old Yesterday at 9:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
That is literally what the HCDU is for.

whats that? hack conflict detection utility?

#3660 Old Yesterday at 9:59 PM
Hack Conflict Detection Utility. Previously found on SimWardrobe, now can be found in the link in my signature.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Forum Resident
#3661 Old Today at 12:34 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : Today at 1:32 AM.
Quote:

@Emerald1234

Two by BoilingOil that I like, first for the Read-To Thing BO - Curb All Auto Read-To.package and for other Annoying things about Toddlers BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.package

I have a number of MODs and these have never caused any problems. Some of Cyjon's Mods have caused problems for me and I like BoilingOil's better. Besides if you have a problem with one of BoilingOil's Mods he will most likely fix it, and he has done that for me.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#3662 Old Today at 12:35 AM
thank you for the links

#3663 Old Today at 2:26 AM
Being in enough pain that even the thought of playing TS2 exhausts me.

Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#3664 Old Today at 4:23 AM
((hugs))

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#3665 Old Today at 6:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
Gavin self-righteously refusing to go to school because he "just can't bring himself to leave these little ones home alone" when Ginger is right there on the lot.

Okay, you can't tell me my Sims don't read this forum. I have played the Newsons at least a dozen times in different neighbourhoods, probably more, and it has always, always been Fortune-aspiration Gavin who insisted on staying home with the toddlers while Family-aspiration Ginger went to school. I post this, and what happens? Just as I had decided to go with the flow and let Gavin be the one to stay home, they up and decide to do it the other way around.
Page 147 of 147