Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10701 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:28 PM
Silly question, but you're sure your Sim hasn't already written a term paper?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Instructor
#10702 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
sometimes i'm wondering if there's some way how to end up a pregnancy when the belly won't show up after 1/2 days.
other than the hack called inteenimater ?

(how come i know this hack to make a miscarriage is because i downloaded that hack a few years ago and i wanted to try that out and wanted to know what what was , and so i clicked on end up a pregnancy or how that's called and the other one with making a sim a miscarriage , back by then i was really curious i don't remember what the few other options was so don't blame me if i don't remember everything from that hack )

i don't have that issue that quite often, just once in a while especially when there's too much people in the neighboorhood.

oh yeah i totally forgot but with that hack you could make a teen (a female sim) pregnant by doing: try to have a baby (with a male sim) i tried that out years ago too

Quote: Originally posted by rielynn71
The best way I know to end a pregnancy is with the Sim Blender by TwoJeffs.
It's a plant you put on the lot and it has a ton of options - look at the pie menu for pregnancy if you want to end one. Then you can delete the plant afterwards.

The Sim Blender is so handy for so many things I often end up with most households just having one in their home all the time.

i will try that out one day when the belly won't show up in my game after 1 or 2 days or when a sim won't go into a labor (i had that once but i don't remember it correctly though since it's been 2 years or so ago the last time the sim didn't go into a labor) i will keep this on my mind .

but one thing is for sure: i'm done with keeping download the inteenimater on my game since i know it will mess up my game (i mean you don't have much choice when you click on a sim by that hack)
i do know how to delete a hack safely and stuff without crashing my game but still, i keep deleting that hack over and over

thank you for helping me i'll download that plant thing in my game one day
Inventor
#10703 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
One of my Sims wants to influence someone to write her term paper, but that isn't an option on any of the Sims she tries. I'm trying to google for an answer, but while attempting I figured I'd ask you guys. Do any of you know what the requirements are for it to show up? According to wiki it requires 2500 points, which she has. For example, does the other Sim have to be in the same major?

EDIT: Had a look at code, and the requirements in the original maxis code are the other sim must be a YA, and your Sim has to actually need a term paper written (aka not graduated and waiting to go home, or having finished it already). That's it. But apparently Squinge made some pretty extensive modifications to it with his college anywhere hack, so need to decipher that too.
Thanks CaliBrat, I appreciate the feedback No relationship test in the code, though might be one in the Squinge version.
And fair question ihate, but yes, I am sure

Try having your sim start writing their term paper. Once they get it going, cancel out the action and direct them to Influence another YA to finish it. The same process works for assignments. I personally have problems with getting the Influence action to work on uncontrolled dormies, it just seems to drop out of their queue. But I can get it to work on other playables. I seem to remember it working once up on a time, I just haven't taken time to see what might be causing the issue with dormies. (I use Squinge's Mega College Pack myself and this is the way I have to do it whether the YA is attending college in the main hood or in a uni subhood.)
Mad Poster
#10704 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:10 AM
By the way, is Squinge's college everywhere hack the reason that visiting YAs sometimes leave the lot for one or two hours and then return?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10705 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
By the way, is Squinge's college everywhere hack the reason that visiting YAs sometimes leave the lot for one or two hours and then return?

Do you mean the "visit campus" thing? Because that's unmodded Maxis behaviour (which I'm pretty sure I currently have modded out).
Mad Poster
#10706 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:16 AM
I think they might actually be going to class, because I once had a Sim invite over a bunch of other Sims in the undeclared major and they all took off at the same time. This isn't in a university subhood.

Mad Poster
#10707 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:18 AM
Oh, sorry, I misread what you said; I missed the word "visiting" and thought you were talking about your currently controlled YAs. I've never seen anything like that.
Instructor
#10708 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:06 AM
i have this other random question but my (female) sim was into a labor, nothing is wrong with it of course
but here comes a issue that needs to be solve and i have this question: can you change the last name ??

the kids last name are all named after their mom's and the last name needs to be named after their fathers, (the parents aren't married just incase you guys were asking this question, they're only engaged and i totally forgot to marry the male and a female sim before their kids were born )
is their a hack or cheat on how to fix that problem?
Mad Poster
#10709 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:07 AM
You can change the surname with either a hacked object or SimPE. The Sim Manipulator is the easiest by far.

Mad Poster
#10710 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Silly Question: Does anyone else start up CAS just to "roll the pacifier", but end up with Sims that you like so much that you add them to the game?

Last night I created 8 Sims in a household that way. I'm not expecting any babies (my whole game averages about one live birth per year!), but I have found that, if I don't randomise things at the start, any townie or NPC that the game generates will be Aries and Popularity. I also wanted to make sure that some clothes I'd made available as separates and townified, were working properly. Anyway I made 4 adults (2 male and 2 female) and then used the "pacifier" button to give them 4 teenage children. And I liked what I saw so much that I added them to Baldrair Bluffs. Now I'm not sure what to do with them. I could make them all into townies -- my first idea. (I don't mind having townies related to each other -- I find the Tricou teens fascinating.) Or I could split them in two families and move them into two of the empty houses in the Fledgling Heights scheme. Or I could leave them all together in some sort of polyamorous commune. That's probably the most interesting idea, but it means I'd have to build a house for them.
I did build a house for them. Or rather I built another storey onto the Maxis "Just Right" bin house. It provides basic accommodation for 8 Sims, and they've all moved in. Total cost: about ยง26K. Which I think isn't bad for 8 Sims on a 3x2 lot.

[EDIT] I changed most of their surnames with the Sim Manipulator.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10711 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 2:07 AM
Thanks Devon, I appreciate the feedback I found the problem. I was getting names confused, the interaction included in Squinge's pack is the write term paper test, not the influence test. It doesn't enable influence interaction on non-university lots, and this YA lives in bluewater village, so that's why it's not showing up for me.

And yes, going to lectures seems very plausible as reason for visiting sims leaving. They do that on campus lots, so makes sense they would on regular lots too

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10712 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:42 AM
I have two playables in a dorm, and one of the dorm mates is an absolute bitch that keeps poking and fighting with one of my playables. How the hell to I get her to stop being a bitch to him? I'm in a bad mood anyway and tempted to find a way to kill her. Is there a way of getting rid of her? I don't want her to attack every playable I move into this dorm.
Mad Poster
#10713 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:54 AM
Why is she attacking the playable in the first place? Sims only do that if they're furious or enemies, as far as I know, so she shouldn't automatically attack every playable. You said she's only attacking one of the playables and not the other one.

You could always make her playable and have her move out of the dorm, but then you'd have her playable and you might not want that. You could age her up into a regular townie?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10714 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:56 AM
Just change their relationship numbers. Simblender is easy. Someone did something that was taken badly and it escalated from that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10715 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:33 AM
I forgot to pause while I was making dinner, I just saw the notice that the male playable was furious when I came back to the computer. I didn't see what happened that caused the furious over lay, just that he had a full red furious overlay and had a negative relationship with the roommate. From there, she kept trying to poke and such, then they were fighting. The female playable has a 0/0 relationship with the roommate.

Thanks Jo, I haven't played Sims 2 for awhile so I forgot about changing relationships with SimBlender.
Inventor
#10716 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:45 AM
You could try changing her personality so that the dormie isn't always eager to pick fights with anyone new. Grouchy Sims can easily make relationships spiral downward if you're not careful.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#10717 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Cats are not orange. They are gingers Ginger cats have personality traits that no other cats have and females are actually quite rare (although we have one).

Our neighbours cat is orange and she's a female.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10718 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:56 AM
IIRC, the gene that determines the orange colour is on the X chromosome. As males usually only have one of them, it's more likely to show up than for females, who have two X chromosomes.

Theorist
#10719 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:42 AM
I had a female orange tabby, Nala. Her mama was feral and had abandon her when she spotted people. My friends brought the weekish old kitten to me and I hand raised her. I had her for 13 years then when I went to Texas last fall she left home and never came back. I couldn't do anything about it as I was hundreds of miles away, but it also wasn't the first time she'd done it. When she was younger she was a roamer, but usually was never gone more than a few days to maybe a time or two up to two weeks. Then as she got older she stopped roamin and stayed closer to home. Until the spring of 2016 she went missing for like 3 months. She eventually showed back up, but I had to coax her to come to me, but once she knew it was me she wanted to be held and loved. However, it's now been a year since she left this last time and she's not shown back up so I can only hope that where ever she 'moved' too she's loved and cared for.

This was right after she 'came back' the first time.
Screenshots
Inventor
#10720 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:08 PM
Our next door neighbor has an orange cat named Amber, and she is such a sweet and playful cat. She looks quite like what Charity posted, except she is white in several places like on all her paws, the tip of her tail, her chin and the stomach area. Good thing that she is indeed a she, otherwise my dad would've chased her off every time she'd appear at our lawn. Besides, he likes her quite a bit and he's not a cat person whatsoever.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#10721 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I have two playables in a dorm, and one of the dorm mates is an absolute bitch that keeps poking and fighting with one of my playables. How the hell to I get her to stop being a bitch to him? I'm in a bad mood anyway and tempted to find a way to kill her. Is there a way of getting rid of her? I don't want her to attack every playable I move into this dorm.

Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I forgot to pause while I was making dinner, I just saw the notice that the male playable was furious when I came back to the computer. I didn't see what happened that caused the furious over lay, just that he had a full red furious overlay and had a negative relationship with the roommate. From there, she kept trying to poke and such, then they were fighting. The female playable has a 0/0 relationship with the roommate.

Thanks Jo, I haven't played Sims 2 for awhile so I forgot about changing relationships with SimBlender.

Ask her to join him at chess. Failing that, I find sitting together on a sofa, or even relaxing together on a double bed helps Sims to mend their relationship. You might find Pescado's Semester Click useful, so he doesn't fail his course while spending so much time with her. Having said that, I don't think I've ever had a Sim furious with someone living in the same house; if my other solutions don't work, do you have a playable living elsewhere, who knows her and could possibly like her? If so they could befriend her and ask her to move in. If you don't want to keep her a playable, there are ways to make her back into a dormie once she's calmed down. A few years ago I'd have just made her selectable with TestingCheatsEnabled on and dragged her Nice points up to 10, but nowadays I try to sort these things out in-game without changing Sims' personalities.

For me it's as unthinkable to kill a Sim that I don't like (or that my Sim doesn't like) as to do it in real life, and, when it comes to trying to get them to see sense, Sims are much more amenable than many real people.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10722 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:48 PM
IIRC, the gene that determines the orange colour is on the X chromosome. As males usually only have one of them, it's more likely to show up than for females, who have two X chromosomes.

That is what my vet said. We found 5 ginger kittens and the mother was killed by a snake. Only the one was female. We kept and raised them all. The 4 males have died since (the female is going for 12 years). Our ginger is still the only female in town.
She had 2 kittens, a black female and a ginger male He went missing for 8 months once - then walked back into the house and pretended that he has never been gone, looking perplexed because we acted surprised @CaliBrat - he looked well fed and in a good condition, I believe he visited somebody and extended his visit because they were very hospitable.
Mad Poster
#10723 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
How do you make the game automatically make its own tourists without you doing anything to make tourists in CAS or using the NPC/Townie Maker? How do you make it so the game just generates tourists the way it generates other townies or dormies when you use clean templates - like when it notices a vacant room?

Pull notownierespawn out of your game if you have it, and then send a playable sim to check into a hotel at a vacation destination. This should force the game to spawn all tourists. It doesn't matter what size hotel you use since the game seems to spawn all of the tourists at the same time and not just the ones needed to occupy empty hotel rooms. With clean templates in, the game won't ever autospawn tourists unless you nudge it this way.

You can change the surname with either a hacked object or SimPE. The Sim Manipulator is the easiest by far.

Which hacked object you use depends on which sim(s) you want to rename. The Manipulator is fine if you want to rename a sim that's already present on your lot. If you want to rename townies or NPCs, I recommend the Blender because that uses the phone dialog - no need to go through the cumbersome process of teleporting townies in, making them selectable, etc.
Mad Poster
#10724 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:47 PM
Has anyone noticed when the proposing Sim gets their engagement ring? In tests they aren't getting it during the interaction itself, so I'm wondering when it actually shows up.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#10725 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
One of my Sims wants to influence someone to write her term paper, but that isn't an option on any of the Sims she tries. I'm trying to google for an answer, but while attempting I figured I'd ask you guys. Do any of you know what the requirements are for it to show up? According to wiki it requires 2500 points, which she has. For example, does the other Sim have to be in the same major?

EDIT: Had a look at code, and the requirements in the original maxis code are the other sim must be a YA, and your Sim has to actually need a term paper written (aka not graduated and waiting to go home, or having finished it already). That's it. But apparently Squinge made some pretty extensive modifications to it with his college anywhere hack, so need to decipher that too.
Thanks CaliBrat, I appreciate the feedback No relationship test in the code, though might be one in the Squinge version.
And fair question ihate, but yes, I am sure

I've found that you have to use a maxis computer not a CC one and have it turned off.
Page 429 of 1346