Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 7:49 AM
Default NEW!!! Bimonthly Themes
I almost missed this post by gdayars (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=595250) about the return of Monthly Themes. Now they are bimonthly themes, so you have two months to get that project created and uploaded! The first theme is Performing Arts (#themeperformingarts). Objects, CAS, lots- whatever you create that fits the theme. I have a fondness for monthly themes since almost two years ago I uploaded my first lot to MTS, inspired by a monthly theme for Maxis Remake.

We are builders, so let's brainstorm some Performing Arts related builds. The obvious ones are a Performing Arts Center, or a remodel of a Maxis Performing Arts Center, but what else fits the theme?

Also, I have been wondering if any of you would like to team up with another member for a joint project? I know some people prefer to build exteriors, i.e. shells. Others prefer interiors, or landscaping or decorating. Now is your chance to recruit a build partner. Post your idea, and which part you prefer to build.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 9:40 AM
As the theme is performing arts, I would think "stages" are the basic requirement. But of course those stages can have quite distinctive looks: from a classical theatre to a modern one, open-air venues in parks, public places for street artists, uncommon (re-purposed) places like old industrial buildings, stations. A concert on a platform above a lake with room for picnics? A concert in a subway station? A suitable place for a Taiko performance? A circus with jugglers etc.? Huge rock band stage for the next "Rolling Sims" concert?

But then of course all those artist would need to have a room for practising, too. So, have a residental home with no neighbours for your trumpet lessons? Or a gym with focus on dancing? And some of them would need to meet instrument makers and have shops where they get their equipment from.

I would love to team up though my time is somewhat limited at the moment.

[edit] Oh, and let's not forget the supernatural performers! So, have a proper broom stunt arena? Or a witch's/wizard's duell stage like in Sims 1?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 4:53 AM
I love all of those ideas. My own take seems so pedestrian and uninspired in comparison.

Anyone want to take one of Vincent T.'s creative ideas and run with it?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 6:48 PM
Wanted to mention please do not limit yourselves to things with stages.

Things like karaoke bars, movie theaters, and movie sets as well as costumes, dramatic makeup for on stage, and stage inspired accessories such as headdresses all work as well. (CAS items)

Think outside the box