Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Self-Configurable Autonomy Mod (SCAMv6)

by scumbumbo Posted 11th Nov 2017 at 1:22 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2019 at 7:47 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Game Patch 1.51.75

216 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by littlesims2chick
Omg you’re the best. No more auto push ups. No more auto checking the toddlers. No more autonomous joining conversations that aren’t relevant to the sim I’m playing! Thank you!!!

Where is the no check on toddlers? I'm having a bit trouble finding all of these options hahah! I click on sim and then which option is the check on toddler? I unticked "Toddler_AskWhy" cause I thought that'd be the one, but it didn't do anything (as far as I know XD)
Field Researcher
#52 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:42 AM
I don't think there are enough thank yous in the world for this mod. I have one question though! Will this work on other sims or pets? A perfect example is my test sim and her cat. I'm currently playing without mods since installing Cats and Dogs, and I notice that my sim will drop whatever it is she's doing, whether I've directed her current action or not, to pick up her cat. Then she sets him back down immediately without performing any other social action that requires her to pick him up. It's driving me crazy. She will be cooking and suddenly stop to pick up the cat only to set him back down again. Same when she's writing a book. It's very annoying.
Deceased
Original Poster
#53 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katten93puss
Thank you so much for this! The only thing I'm missing is "no auto get water from sink", I don't seem to find that option. Am I overlooking it or is that not included?

See this earlier post: http://modthesims.info/download.php...049#post5298049
Deceased
Original Poster
#54 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katten93puss
Where is the no check on toddlers? I'm having a bit trouble finding all of these options hahah! I click on sim and then which option is the check on toddler? I unticked "Toddler_AskWhy" cause I thought that'd be the one, but it didn't do anything (as far as I know XD)

Not sure, haven't played much with toddlers, but Toddler_AskWhy sounds like an action for a toddler to ask a parent "why is the sky blue" kind of questions. Not sure what the check on toddlers is, if anyone can help out with specifics feel free to shout out.

I'll probably setup a table in the mod description page of known action names, the objects to click and what effect they have - at least for the ones that aren't "obvious."
Deceased
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by egureh
Good Lord, this will save me from tons of autonomy modding work. Really thank you!
And Chinese transltions for strings:

@egureh You are welcome, and a big thanks for your translation - you've sent me so many over the years and it's really appreciated by myself and Simmers alike

The mod and credits have been updated.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:20 AM
lol! Origin needs to stop updating Sims 4 before the game breaks :p
Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
See this earlier post: http://modthesims.info/download.php...049#post5298049

Ah haha okey! Thanks :lovestruc and about the check on toddlers maybe the person who managed to get rid of it knows which one to tick ^^
Mad Poster
#58 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
It shouldn't conflict with MCCC, but the two mods might get into an argument about who is in control. I've been thinking of contacting Deaderpool to see if he wants to integrate this into MCCC. I have no clue if he'd be interested in that, but it seems to me like it would be a good fit for that mod.

(I have MCCC installed as well, it's a must-have mod after all)

Consider him contacted.

I'll look at what you've done in this, Scumbumbo! It sounds very cool! Sounds like something I might be silly to NOT include rather than trying to do different settings for each interaction that is annoying to one person or another.

Thanks!

MC Command Center <<<- Troubleshooting section on the main description page for installation/configuration issues!
MC Woohoo <<<- Special Considerations section for additional installation/configuration issues!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:08 PM
great mod working fine
Instructor
THANKS POST
#60 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:51 PM
I hope the "Check Toddler" is found, at least until the existing "No Check Toddlers" mods are updated! :D
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:41 PM
@scumbumbo To add to DP, feel free to drop by his Discord for some fun chat.
https://discord.gg/tgzBgEp
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:34 PM
thank you thank you so much! I've been looking for mod like this, where you can configure in one go
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:36 PM
Does this also stop from autonomous cleaning? I don't mind them cleaning the house but when I take them to the park and they spend their time doing nothing but cleaning up after everyone else it really sucks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 2:01 AM
can someone add a german translation?
Deceased
Original Poster
#65 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaotikah
Does this also stop from autonomous cleaning? I don't mind them cleaning the house but when I take them to the park and they spend their time doing nothing but cleaning up after everyone else it really sucks.

Absolutely it can. What you will generally want to do is disable autonomous cleaning actions on the object to be cleaned, e.g. change the autonomy on plates, not on the kitchen sink. Changing the autonomy on the sink just makes it where the Sim can't find a sink to clean dishes, but they will still WANT to clean up the dishes.

By the same token, turn off cleaning actions on a trash pile, not on the garbage cans.

HTH!
Deceased
Original Poster
#66 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by penguinsane
Oooh, this has so much potential. Can it be used to disable sims from using specific sinks (like bathroom sinks) to wash dishes?

See Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop
Test Subject
#67 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 8:58 PM
Default translation
there is a translation into Russian
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 9:47 PM
sweet =D installed!
question, will this disable selfies and general phone usage?
Deceased
Original Poster
#69 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eksynn
sweet =D installed!
question, will this disable selfies and general phone usage?

Sure, just click on a Sim and look for the phone items, e.g. phone_Picker_Chat_Autonomous, phone_PlayGames_AutonomousOnly, etc.
Deceased
Original Poster
#70 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modmix
there is a translation into Russian

As soon as someone submits one it would be added. I could run it through Google translator or something but since those frequently produce gibberish I feel it's better to get translations from a true bi-lingual speaker.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:32 PM
omg, thank you, thank you!!! There are just some things that I hate my sims going to do when you're busy at something - now I don't have to get rid of items that distract them! haha
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:42 AM Last edited by Oddysee : 18th Nov 2017 at 6:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
I hope the "Check Toddler" is found, at least until the existing "No Check Toddlers" mods are updated! :D

I've disabled the action: toddler_Watch_Thinking
**EDIT*** nope, definitely not the correct one.

Where do I find anything and everything
Instructor
THANKS POST
#73 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:56 PM
one question: if I'll disable autonomy for 1 computer does that mean all other ones will remain as usable in autonomous way? and 2nd question: can I use it at all lot types or only on my residential one?
Deceased
Original Poster
#74 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aadrianova
one question: if I'll disable autonomy for 1 computer does that mean all other ones will remain as usable in autonomous way? and 2nd question: can I use it at all lot types or only on my residential one?

1) No, it will affect all the computers in the game, laptops, etc. that utilize the same actions.
2) Yes, it affects all lots in the game.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:38 AM Last edited by archwyvern : 19th Nov 2017 at 7:38 AM. Reason: MIsspell
I love to hate toddlers passionately and want to torture them, but

How to disable:
1. autonomous check toddler
2. autonomous feed toddler
3. autonomous pick up toddler
4. autonomous put toddler to bed
5. autonomous selfie

I can't seem to find the interaction

Blurp
Page 3 of 9