Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 10:01 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 8:11 PM.
Default The Worst Camping Trip Ever Challenge
Story
It is early December and you are going to go on your annual camping trip with your buddies. You get there to your cabin deep in the woods. But as you pull in, you notice your cabin has cracked walls, the roof isn't there, and all of the furniture inside is gone. You and your seven other friends panic, because they are a hundred miles away from civilization and your car is out of gas. You know what you have to do. However, as you try to settle down, you listen to your miniature radio - and it says a huge blizzard will be blowing down, for the whole month! You get prepared for the long winter - because there won't be much time if you survive. The nearest gas station is a hundred miles away - however they won't be able to come to you until the blizzard has blown over. All you have left is your half broken cabin that is unrestorable, a lake, and a frozen plot of gardening.

Requirements
The Sims 2
The Sims 2 Seasons

Instructions
- Create a new neighborhood and name it whatever you want.

- Set all of the seasons of the neighborhood to winter.

- Create a family of 8 unrelated adult sims

- Move them into an empty lot (the larger the better)

- Build a small cabin, with no foundation. (NO ROOF)

- Create many trees around the cabin (since your deep in the woods)

- After you've built the cabin (windows, doors, and all) use the family funds cheat to set the family funds to 2,000

- Furnish the cabin with whatever you want. Read the rules for what is exactly NOT allowable.

- Turn moveobjects on, and delete the mailbox (for no bills) (this will break your game, download a no bills mod instead.)

- Turn moveobjects off, and try to survive the endless blizzard.

- You must survive the whole adulthood in the endless blizzard.

Rules
1. Your cabin may not have a roof! It will ruin the whole point of this challenge, because this is meant to be difficult.

2. The furniture that is not allowed is,
-Telephones
-Televisions
-Computers/Laptops
-Small Appliances (except coffee maker)
-Custom content

3. You may NOT do any cheats after the familyFunds and the moveobjects. If you do, it is an instant loss.

4. If you have an unfortunate encounter whilst you are playing the trip (you become a vampire, or die) you have one chance to go back.

5. Since your eight people are all in this to survive to get back together, you also try to help yourself suvive. If one of you becomes a vampire, zombie, or werewolf, your sims must find a way to kill it. If it doesn't die before the end of the game (in any way), it results in a big penalty.

6. You did not bring any special potions to cure a different state of humanity. If you become a vampire, plantsim (which probably won't happen), zombie, or any other, there is no way to cure it. You can just use your go-back chance or kill it.

7. Your cabin may not have a roof - I REPEAT, Your cabin may not have a roof.

8. If anybody walks by your house, you cannot greet them. You must ignore them.

9. You cannot use aspiration rewards.

10. All of the 8 sims that are created must be adults. You cannot have any toddlers, children, teenagers, babies, or elders.

11. All of the 8 sims can not be related to eachother in any way (spouse, sibling, etc.)

12. WooHoo may occur - but you cannot try for baby. If you have risky woohoo, you must have a different way to stop pregnancy. If any children are born during this, it results in a big penalty.

13. You may not visit community lots, or even leave your cabin.

14. No vehicles or cars if you have nightlife - the one you had was buried in snow.

15. Please don't lie about how many points you have.

16. Delete any urns/gravestones that may appear after a sim has died. (This will break your game.)

17. You may not have jobs, the only possible way you could get money is if you garden - but that would be very difficult considering the endless winter.

18. No engagement, marriage, or any other committment may occur.

19. You may not leave your Cabin. No vacations, no going downtown (theres not even a nearby downtown!)

20. When your sims enter elderhood, you have won!

Point Distribution
+25 for each first woohoo that occurs between the sims
(like if Bob and Lisa woohoed, that counts as 40 pts. Then Lisa woohooes with George, that's 20 pts for George's first, but Lisa already had her first.)
+10 for each of the sims that befriended eachother
+15 for each of the sims that became best friends with eachother
+20 for each of the sims that fall in love with eachother
+100 for all of the people becoming best friends with eachother

-10 for each sim known to a person that does not live in the household
-10 for whenever a sim enters red aspiration
-30 for each sim that becomes an enemy with eachother
-35 for each sim that dies
-10 for each visit from the social bunny
-30 for each sim that becomes a life form (except plantsim) but it must be cured.
-100 for ending the game with one alive superhuman life form (plantsim, vampire, werewolf, etc.)

+25 for getting a gold talent badge in any skill - fishing/gardening or whatever. This goes for every sim and every talent badge.
+25 for killing a superhuman life form in any sort of way (this acts as a reward for getting rid of what you started)

Other
Good luck! At the end, tally your scores and post them here!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 12:44 AM
have you played this challenge yet? it sounds like it would be fun, but how do we finish it without all of the sims freezing to death from the winter? (you said there can't be a roof..)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 1:06 PM
There are certain ways you can 'lengthen' the time to not freeze. If they are constantly relaxing on a bed, their temperature will be the same. If they take a shower, it makes them hot. You have to find out certain ways to make them not freeze. :P
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 6:25 PM
This sounds interesting, I'll most likely try this after I finish the Yeoman Farmer challenge (if I ever have time to complete it and can manage to get through summer without going into heatstrokelock )
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 8:38 PM
well hey, it is something different so i guess there's no harm in trying it. i guess i'll be trying it out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 8:38 PM
Okay! And if it provides too much of a difficulty without the no-roof, I may make an exception to that rule. :P
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 2:45 AM
i think the no roof is part of what makes the challenge more unique and different. i'll play with no roof, if that's what makes you happy. haha i say that because you've stated that NO ROOF can be had very firmly throughout your post about the challenge.

by the way, i've honestly never played a house without a roof- with seasons. i really don't have any idea if it can hail/snow on them and make them freeze to death. but i'm still going to try this out.
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 8:03 AM
tis is a good challenge but i have had a house with no roof before when i had seasons and it snowed inside the child's bedroom (LOL)!!!!!! anyway ill give it a try!!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 5:24 PM
Nice idea!
One question: what do we do with the newspapers? Can we read them and do the crossword and such or just leave them there (the newspaper kid doesn't come when you have too many)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 12:23 AM
Newspapers can be considered 'discarded papers from last visit' so you may read them., or do anything with them.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 6:38 PM
this sounds fun. And its somewhat christmasy since its in winter.I think I'll try this. Quick question, do all the adults have to survive or just one?

Happiness is a direction, not a place
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 8:29 PM
There is no specific rule on how many should survive. However you do lose points whenever a sim dies. The challenge ends when the days are over or if all the sims die.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 11:11 AM
currently, on day 3, two sims have died thanks to a barbeque fire, most of the surviving ones are blue and ALL of them are stinky. It'll be interesting when the three ghosts start appearing > (the lot I used already had a grave on it)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vettias
10. All of the 8 sims that are created must be adults. You cannot have any toddlers, children, teenagers, babies, or elders.

11. All of the 8 sims can not be related to eachother in any way (spouse, sibling, etc.)

16. Delete any urns/gravestones that may appear after a sim has died.

18. No engagement, marriage, or any other committment may occur.

Sounds like an interesting challenge. I was just wondering why the above rules?

i.e. Does it really matter if you go on the trip with your brother or kids etc. I know children would have the problem of the school bus coming, but you could just ignore the time spent at school as them being off playing and delete homework.

Why no graves? If one of your friends dies then wouldn't you bury them in the backyard and make a makeshift headstone?

And does it really matter if anyone wanted to get engaged etc.? I don't really see that it would affect the challenge.

I'd have to play it keeping the mailbox and just deleting the bills as I've had borked lots from lack of mailboxes.

Can you take pets with you?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 10:48 AM
I've been having fun with this, but then it snowed and people kept getting out of bed every five minutes to go, "Gee, there's snow in my house!" I guess if I found a hack to eliminate this, it would be more fun but I just can't do it if people can't get any sleep at all.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 10:32 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 4:19 PM.
Default Living In Winter
Living in Winter
---------------------
* You must have Seasons for this challenge, Sorry! *

Object
- The object of the challenge is to live until you're an elder.

Setup
- You must move into any empty lot, size doesn't matter you won't be leaving it anyway.
- You must only have in your house: The cheapest bed, the cheapest couch, the cheapest stove, the cheapest fridge, the cheapest counter, and the cheapest fireplace.
- You obviously can use motherlode a few times if you need to, to buy all of this stuff.
- Also no using custom content for furniture, as this may be a disadvantage to other people. Please only use in game default furniture. Thank you.
- You can choose how big your house is, but the next rule you may want to consider making it small.
- Now for the roof, you may only make a roof that is 6 squares, whether that is six squares long or 3x3 it's up to you. This symbolizes the old broken roof.
- Setup your game to make it so winter is all year round.
- Once everything is setup open your cheat window and type in familyfunds YourLastNameHere 150 You only need a little bit to survive.
- ALSO you must have noticed no toilet, or shower. That is correct, you cannot have the bathroom, that is a luxury.

Rules
- You may not buy a phone for your person, if you have a cell phone you cannot use it.
- You may not leave your land, you're snowed in.
- You may only communicate with people who come to your land. You may try to get money off of them, become friends with them, etc. Just no moving them in.
- You may also have enemies, but this will cost you points in the end.

+ 1,000pts for making it all the way until you reach elder stage.
+ 100pts for each Girlfriend/Boyfriend.
+ 50pts for each Best Friend.
+ 25pts for each Friend.
+ 1pt for every day that you live through this long winter.

- 1,000pts if you die before you're an elder.
- 50pts for every enemy.
- 10pts for every broken appliance.
- 5pts for every house fire that breaks loose.

Enjoy the challenge.
Please feel free to post pictures and such.
It'd be very much appreciated.

Creator/Idea for the Challenge By: * Cameron Bingham
Posted and Controlled By: Karliethesim
Challenge posted with permission from * Cameron Bingham
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 1:24 AM
how do you make it so that it is winter all the time?
Scholar
#18 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:13 AM
You can change the seasons in the neighborhood so that they're all winter.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Site Helper
#19 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:13 AM
There is an icon at the top with the seasons on it. If you click it you can adjust the seasonal rotation.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 2:43 PM
Just a little note: a 6 square roof is 2x3, not 3x3.

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Theorist
#21 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:40 PM
How is this challenge connected to winter? I've played the whole neighbourhood with winter only as all four seasons, and there are no disadvantages except that you cannot fish. Sorry if I misunderstand something, but your challenge sounds like a version of a survival challenge, you cut down on money and use only cheap furniture.

Btw how can you do without a shower? Won't your sim stink forever and complain? I think there are no ways to deal with it rather than take a shower.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 8:22 PM Last edited by ginrouken : 28th Feb 2010 at 8:25 PM. Reason: eta
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Btw how can you do without a shower? Won't your sim stink forever and complain? I think there are no ways to deal with it rather than take a shower.

Sloppy sims on hygiene desperation will sponge bath on the sink and move on with it. Neat ones will wash their hands, whine whine whine, wash hands again, whine whine whine, cry, wash their hands, cry, etc.

This challenge is Apocalypse before you unlock Medicine, Military and Music. Except your Sim is not allowed to advance in life, so it's pretty much a "be a poor and stinky hermit in Alasca until you die" challenge.

eta: not that it's a bad challenge, sorry. It just... lacks a bit of purpose.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 3:35 AM
for this challenge, i would recommend a sink for sponge bathing, and maybe a pee anywhere square for bathroom needs. or even an outhouse.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=121751
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=120590

i also wanted to add.. if you limit your funds after you build your house, and you can't have a job then how will you pay the bills?

ALSO are you allowed to go outside of your house, or only stay inside? and can you greet people if they walk by? how will we fill the social need?
Theorist
#24 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ginrouken
Sloppy sims on hygiene desperation will sponge bath on the sink and move on with it. Neat ones will wash their hands, whine whine whine, wash hands again, whine whine whine, cry, wash their hands, cry, etc.

Thanx. But will they do anything like studying? I mean, washing hands usually gives you only a bit of hygiene as far as I know, so they will refuse doing a lot of things, except fun things...

Quote:
This challenge is Apocalypse before you unlock Medicine, Military and Music. Except your Sim is not allowed to advance in life, so it's pretty much a "be a poor and stinky hermit in Alasca until you die" challenge.

I usually do such challenges on-the-fly for my sims, because it's boring to start from having a lot of money . Creating some kind of explanation like an earthquake or something else that made them lose all inherited money and house. So it's kind of a normal challenge I'd say, with the explanation of the severe winter, only the hyegine bit is strange.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 2:46 PM
But will they do anything like studying? I mean, washing hands usually gives you only a bit of hygiene as far as I know, so they will refuse doing a lot of things, except fun things...

No. Unless you have the right hacks (Inge's sponge bath enabler for everyone + Squinge's never refuse skilling objects), they will constantly be in a bad mood and refuse to skill.

only the hygiene bit is strange.

Yeah, that's the part of this challenge that doesn't make a lot of sense. I can see being snowed in and unable to leave the house except for work so no strolling in parks or nightclubs etc, sure. And no shower, sure, been there, done that, survived Apocalypse just fine.

But I don't get the toilet thing. Even a pauper little shack at the end of the world will at least have a hole in the ground for minimal needs. We can't emulate that in sims without hacked objects, which are not allowed by the rules, so having a toilet and "pretending" it's the hole would be the only option. Not allowing one sounds like just an excuse to watch sims soil themselves all the time, which really stops being funny after the first day or so, when they'll refuse to do anything you order them to go cry about their "accidents" in a corner.
Page 1 of 2