Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7326 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Edited to add: wow, I've never seen the dorm cook sit down to eat either. Is it possible that such behavior is related to whatever makes that cook appear automatically for some players without Inge's Shiny Tyme patch? I don't know how we'd start to figure that out, though.

In the dorm in my picture, the cook was helping himself to some of the food because the island counters were placed wrong (the cook needs to be able to stand behind them). After I arranged the counters properly, the cook functioned normally.

I do also occasionally have NPCs behave oddly if they were saved on a lot that's been reset. This is most often butlers and cafeteria cooks because they arrive for work so early. I try as often as possible to save my lots when all the residents are home and there are no service NPCs or visitors present, but sometimes it isn't possible because a resident sim has odd work or class hours.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7327 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 10:26 AM
In TT, many residents do Tai Chi exercises to help them relax and gain comfort with the help of a hacked vase. They usually gravitate to it without any help from me if it's on the lot.
Imagine my surprise when one of them did so autonomously without the vase anywhere in sight. Does this mean they've achieved self-awareness?
Because if this does, I'm gonna have a riotous game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7328 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 12:39 PM
I think that once they've learned Tai Chi that they can practice it autonomously.
Mad Poster
#7329 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 4:38 PM
They certainly do Thai Chi autonomously - I saw that when I sent Pong Grundstrom to Uni and he taught all the other student in the dorm to do Thai Chi (some of them also joined by themselves when he started).
Mad Poster
#7330 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 6:04 PM
I have a no autonomous thai chi mod. If I didn't have it, I would have burst through the screen and attacked the sims who wanted to do nothing else.

The way Maxis made it, it's like some kind of curse.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#7331 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 6:32 PM
...related to whatever makes that cook appear automatically for some players without Inge's Shiny Tyme patch? I don't know how !

What IS Inge's shiny Tyme patch?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7332 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 8:01 PM
It's like pulling teeth to get vacation townies to do the hula or Thai Chi. Dunno if I have any of those no-autonomous dancing mods. *shrug*
Forum Resident
#7333 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 10:48 PM
Apparently making low-quality, not-meant-for-sharing retextured clothes for your sims is actually easier than I thought.
In fact, I got so hooked on making Jerm Bot themed t-shirts that I managed to make this:
Inventor
#7334 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 10:54 PM
I finally got around to doing a brief test for the dorm cook. No go, in my game it seems. I have the UC and took out the patch before I started up the game. I made a new test hood, then tried two different methods of setting up for the cook. The first lot I built with the stove already in place, along with both island counters and a table with chairs. Moved in my test sims and played them up to 6pm or so. No cook spawned. The second lot I placed a prebuilt house, then moved in test sims. After they moved in, I took out the original stove and put in the dorm one. Again, I made certain there were island counters and a table with chairs. I didn't play them quite as long, but no cook spawned after a few hours. Both had fridges with food, in case that made any difference.

I didn't go any farther with testing to see if other conditions might make a difference, such as an apartment versus a residential lot, or in an established hood with a cook that has already been spawned.
Forum Resident
#7335 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
What IS Inge's shiny Tyme patch?

Hey, grammapat! Inge describes it over here, fourth mod down. She uses fewer words to describe it than I usually manage, so I'll let you read it---short and sweet.

The current debate about it is over why some players don't need her patch at all to get the dorm cook to come to any lot you put that stove on. And I can see from that linked page that Inge updated it for AL...whereas if she thought by the time of AL's release that it was no longer necessary, surely she wouldn't have done that. (She's declared other hacks of hers obsolete and no longer being updated, for example.)

So if it was a patch that created the automatic-NPC-with-stove behavior, it must have been after AL's release? Or again, as I still think is possible, maybe it's a hidden effect of some fairly common other mod and we who have it have never made the connection.

ETA: Devon, you and I are mind-melded today. Oh! Actually, for everyone who's been testing---you all are deleting your cache files after taking the Shiny Tyme patch out, before running the game to see if you get the cook, right? Because it's just the sort of thing that the cache might retain, even without Inge's patch in downloads.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Inventor
#7336 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 1:17 AM
Goodness, natboopsie, I apologize in advance for any weirdness done for mind-melding with me . Both cache files were deleted before I tried my test, though now I do wonder if Pes' anti-redundancy mod might have interfered. I wish I had the energy to really give a good go at testing, but I think it will have to wait.
Mad Poster
#7337 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
I finally got around to doing a brief test for the dorm cook. No go, in my game it seems. I have the UC and took out the patch before I started up the game. I made a new test hood, then tried two different methods of setting up for the cook. The first lot I built with the stove already in place, along with both island counters and a table with chairs. Moved in my test sims and played them up to 6pm or so. No cook spawned. The second lot I placed a prebuilt house, then moved in test sims. After they moved in, I took out the original stove and put in the dorm one. Again, I made certain there were island counters and a table with chairs. I didn't play them quite as long, but no cook spawned after a few hours. Both had fridges with food, in case that made any difference.

I didn't go any farther with testing to see if other conditions might make a difference, such as an apartment versus a residential lot, or in an established hood with a cook that has already been spawned.

As far as I know, the cook will spawn in dorms and in community lots in Uni hoods (I t hink i remember that the gym in Academie Le Tour has one) - but you need the patch for other lots. The cook normally shows up in my dorms around 1 hour after the students moved in.
Mad Poster
#7338 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 11:52 AM
Apparently the absence of diagonal object's collision is present not just in buy mode.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#7339 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 3:36 PM
You can call your BFFs in the middle of the night. Makes sense.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#7340 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 10:14 PM
I must have a mod (conflict?) that prevents that, because although I'd like it in my game, none of my sims' BFFs will stand for it! They reject the call, calling my sim a jerk for phoning at that hour. I know it isn't right, but I don't know what the issue is. Anyone else have the problem?

And Devon, you're adorable. I'm guessing you're British, because we Americans are all just amateurs at self-deprecation in comparison. Like here, Americans who jinx one another are like, "Great minds think alike!" And here you, a presumed Brit, are like, "I do hope no harm was done!" It's fantastic!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#7341 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 5:54 AM
I finally figured out something important today-when in doubt about who does the proposing, the pixel that has the fear of 'being rejected for proposal' is actually the one who wants to propose.
Ok, so I'm kinda slow on these things...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7342 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 1:42 PM
I didn't know that, either.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#7343 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
As far as I know, the cook will spawn in dorms and in community lots in Uni hoods (I t hink i remember that the gym in Academie Le Tour has one) - but you need the patch for other lots. The cook normally shows up in my dorms around 1 hour after the students moved in.

I was belatedly throwing in the results of testing whether my game would spawn a cook without the patch or not, as there was some question whether it was still needed for the newest version of the game (Ultimate Collection).

And Devon, you're adorable. I'm guessing you're British, because we Americans are all just amateurs at self-deprecation in comparison. Like here, Americans who jinx one another are like, "Great minds think alike!" And here you, a presumed Brit, are like, "I do hope no harm was done!" It's fantastic!

Adorable? You're gonna make me blush! Sadly, I'll have to disappoint you. I'm not British, just plain ol' American. I have, however, been told my writing can be 'quirky' and I do sometimes seem to pick up the speech styles of people I'm listening to (I recently binged videos of a British gamer, the phrase "Sip a'tea" is going to be stuck in my head for a while).
Top Secret Researcher
#7344 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 3:57 PM
I've just found out that CleanBots and HydroBots stack together in a sim's inventory. Which is...annoying.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Forum Resident
#7345 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 8:29 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 8th Jul 2019 at 11:16 PM. Reason: update mood-related mod conflict findings
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Sadly, I'll have to disappoint you. I'm not British, just plain ol' American. I have, however, been told my writing can be 'quirky' and I do sometimes seem to pick up the speech styles of people I'm listening to (I recently binged videos of a British gamer, the phrase "Sip a'tea" is going to be stuck in my head for a while).

Hee, I get phrases stuck in my head like that too---and one like that would be memorable! But you certainly haven't disappointed (or, from earlier, harmed/inconvenienced) me at all! Thanks, actually, for indulging my flight of fancy---and perhaps I should apologize to any actual British members here who might have been offended by my self-indulgence with that earlier.

Back OT: today I discovered that both blank want-slot problems and mood glitches (the latter likely caused by some newly added traits mods; details under the button) are fixable, at least in my game, by deleting the sim using MoveObjects, saving, and coming back in from the neighborhood. I especially was happy about the former, because in the few cases I'd seen those blanks before, I usually just lived with them until they disappeared, which sometimes took a few rotations. I had figured in the past that if they didn't respond to Wants>Reroll with the Batbox, they couldn't easily be fixed. So I'm glad I finally figured out a surer way, at least for my game!

Top Secret Researcher
#7346 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 6:53 PM
There's a want to "purchase flower arrangement". It rolled up for Cody's townie girlfriend while they were on a date. They were, indeed, on Cody's home lot, right in front of his father's (closed) flower shop. She can have all the flower arrangements she likes, all my playables have more bouquets than surfaces.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Link Ninja
#7347 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 1:12 AM
I never heard or seen it happen but it was brought to my attention that the flat screen TV can randomly fall and shatter.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#7348 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 1:25 AM
I guess that's because it can't break the same way a floor TV does. I wonder if the small wall TV that came with Nightlife will do that.
Top Secret Researcher
#7349 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 3:07 AM
The 30 best friends wish gets fulfilled with only 28 best friends.
That explains why it always fulfills sooner than I expect.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#7350 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I never heard or seen it happen but it was brought to my attention that the flat screen TV can randomly fall and shatter.

I wonder what happens if you call the repairman.
Page 294 of 442