Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:54 AM Last edited by Rosalie_Q : 26th Jul 2009 at 12:26 AM.
Default Tutorial: How to build a multi split level home (eqivalent to 8 clicks)
Tutorial: How to make a multi split level home

So basically, the other tutorials for Sims 3 on how to make a split level explain how to make a level of the house lower than the rest –(or equivalent to 4 clicks)—
In my tutorial, I will show you how to build a split level equivalent to 8 clicks, though part of it goes slightly underground.
There is no custom content required, and I have tried to take the screenshots as simple as I could.
Hope this helps anybody who was curious on how I accomplished this feature in one of my projects.

And just to let you know, the tutorial is in a Word Document.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sims 3 Tutorial-How to build a multi split level home.rar (1.04 MB, 4470 downloads) - View custom content
39 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:35 AM
Thank you taking the time to make a tutorial and share your knowledge. It would have been a pleasure to learn from it, but I can't view the document. A .pdf would have been a better format. I'm on Windows XP Pro 64 bit - perhaps if I were to update to service pack 3...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Thank you taking the time to make a tutorial and share your knowledge. It would have been a pleasure to learn from it, but I can't view the document. A .pdf would have been a better format. I'm on Windows XP Pro 64 bit - perhaps if I were to update to service pack 3...

Aw no!
Do you know how I could make it into a pdf file? Becuase I have no idea
Theorist
#4 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 7:19 AM
I've tried numerous times to post on this thread, but I'll try one more time.

What you need is a simple, free PDF Converter to convert your Word Document into a .pdf format. That way there is no hassle and no need to learn about pdf's.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 2:22 AM
I've tried numerous times to post on this thread, but I'll try one more time.

What you need is a simple, free PDF Converter to convert your Word Document into a .pdf format. That way there is no hassle and no need to learn about pdf's.

Ok I will try that later when I get a chance thanks
Er...why have you writen the same thing over and over? (lol) xD
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosalie_Q
Aw no!
Do you know how I could make it into a pdf file? Becuase I have no idea

Hi, you could try Cute PDF. It's free and just installs as a virtual printer, so when you want to print a document from any program you'd choose the Print... option to select it. Handy if you want to create PDFs from anything and it takes a lot less time than Acrobat. You can get it here if you're interested.

BTW, huge thanks for the tutorials.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 4:20 AM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 5:43 AM
Default Multi Split Level Home
Hi Rosali Q,

I just learned how to build your house from your tutorial. The only thing I got confused on the next split level . You said to delete the foundation and then you can start your next split level. Did you put steps there? Well other than that this is the first house I have ever built. You do beautiful work.

Blessedchild42
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 2:04 AM
Rosalie Q: I have a program to convert anything to a PDF natively on my Mac and I can read Word documents. Do you want me to convert it for you and then I could just email the PDF to you.
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 1:45 AM
this really helped me out alot, i did sort of the same layout just bigger andmore spacey my house looks beautiful. Thanks Rosalie :D
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 7:23 PM
Default Word View

Microsoft Word Viewer (free)

Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 4:39 PM
Terrific!
I downloaded and saved your file. It looks great! Soon, I plan to test this on a building project of my own!

Quote: Originally posted by Rosalie_Q
Tutorial: How to make a multi split level home

So basically, the other tutorials for Sims 3 on how to make a split level explain how to make a level of the house lower than the rest –(or equivalent to 4 clicks)—
In my tutorial, I will show you how to build a split level equivalent to 8 clicks, though part of it goes slightly underground.
There is no custom content required, and I have tried to take the screenshots as simple as I could.
Hope this helps anybody who was curious on how I accomplished this feature in one of my projects.

And just to let you know, the tutorial is in a Word Document.