Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 8:08 PM
[Tutorial] Split levelling 4-level house without warped walls
Hi folks,

I debated whether to start a new thread for this tutorial, but after reading the various tutorials, I realized I had a slightly different method, so here it is.

The rar file contains a pdf with a step-by-step guide on building up to 4 levels with split-leveling, without getting warped walls so you can use the nice wallpaper or the masonry ones (like I preferred). Essentially, you'll end up with a 2-level house.

Apart from the 4-step stairs from the foundation at the front entry to the ground terrain, all staircases are 8-steps high to fit the half-walls nicely.

The only issue being - doors will look weird with the half walls, but Sims can enter and exit rooms just fine.

My next project is to look into overcoming this annoying quirk (my houses looked ugly with those doors), by making the 4-level house have 2 levels of full walls (instead of the 4 half-walls I have here). Suggestions, anyone?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  [Tutorial] Split levelling 4-level house without warped walls.rar (3.28 MB, 2564 downloads) - View custom content
Description: pdf file inside
37 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 1:58 AM
Thank u sooooo much. I knew how to do this in the sims 2 and it made all my houses so much more interesting. Thank for showing me how to do it in TS3!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:46 PM
You're welcome, hedwig_benjamenta. Glad to help.

If anyone found a workaround for the door issue, drop a line...though I doubt its possible with 100% non-warped walls with the way the game is coded...still some builder out there might find the secret someday, eh?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 6:52 AM
Maybe if someone created a wall piece that looked like and functioned like a recolorable door... A door tool XD

Grab some goodies on The Rejected

The Rejected is a shared blog and all are welcomed to join. Now you can also follow us @RejectedSims on Twitter.

I'm currently participating in the Builder's Boulevard first neighborhood project: Sanshi Suimei Please join us!
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 11:48 AM
you don't mention if this uses cheats, I assume it does?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 12:17 PM
Yes, of course it does. Anything to lower walls need the CFE cheat.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 10:19 PM
I was freaking out trying to figure out a way to do it for two days without much success. I'm glad I've found your tutorial. Thank you!