Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#2876 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 7:10 PM
In the house I made of me and my family, my selfsim and my brother are struggling with sleep and homework, and for some reason the parents keep being attacked by the super nice sim who lives next door. The pets keep destroying the furniture too, it's complete chaos and I love it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2877 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:58 PM
In Bellefleur, Kaylynn Broke has finally accepted the fact that her husband isn't coming back. He left her yet again for Mary Sue Pleasant. However, her adoptive mother, Bella Goth, isn't quite so accepting, and tomorrow will be demanding the immediate repayment of her loan to Beau that he used to buy the house he and Kaylynn lived in.

Bella's going to demand all of $40,000 be paid back, and sent to his family. Bella will take the loss on her taxes, but at least Kaylynn will have the money to send their children to college.

The fun part is that Mary Sue is going to provide Beau with the money. Not that she's exactly broke..she's been profiting handsomely by having private business interests while Mayor. Of course one must remember that Beau had first begged Bella for the money to move out from Mary Sue's into his own place. Beau's going to have quite the time explaining to Mary Sue why he suddenly owes money to Bella Goth. Needless to say, he won't be disclosing that he and Bella had a brief affair while he was separated from Kaylynn...

And: Don Lothario has married his long-time love, Jan Tellerman. He proposed to her during their vacation to Twikkii Island. Even though she's a romance pixel, she accepted and they were married the same day they got back from their vacation. The happy couple has absolutely no plans for a family. Don's got 7 children and Jan has no interest in any. She's on a mission to bed as many men as she can-but marriage can put quite a crimp in those plans.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#2878 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:05 PM
Elgin - Round 6

Elgin's only teacher, Greer Lusk is having problems raising her own children. Her quads, Martainn, Mars, Gregg, and Gregor all hate each other. They fight each other multiple times a day. Greer's oldest son, Matiland, just stands back and watches his siblings choke one another. Secretly, he can't wait to become an adult during round 7, so he can get away from the chaos. He loves his family, but doesn't understand why his siblings are such demons.

Greer considers herself helpless, as she watches her children bully each other. She admits she didn't spend enough time with the quads, when they were babies. She was just too tired to take care of their wants. Maybe if she wasn't so selfish back then, they would be currently happy.

On top of her children running wild, Greer is also having trouble paying bills. Her weekly salary of $660 + $375 in child support isn't enough to cover the bills. The repoman made a visit, taking the family's only computer. She can't take out a loan, because she doesn't meet the minimum income requirements. She could lie to the mayor, saying that school needs another grant, taking the money for herself instead. That won't work, because all grants are currently on pause. Greer might have to consider some intervention from her extended family, if her issues continue.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#2879 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:05 PM
Poor Greer. She's in a really tough spot. Maybe when Maitland turns to teen, he can get a little job to help out.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#2880 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:31 PM
Maybe Greer needs to marry rich She could always kick the fortune sim out again later.
Instructor
#2881 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Poor Greer. She's in a really tough spot. Maybe when Maitland turns to teen, he can get a little job to help out.

She really is. Being a single mother of 5 children is really hard. And being a teacher doesn't make it any easier.

Matiland is a teenager. He's a Pleasure sim, so wanting to get a job is out of line. It's all about dancing, dates, and taking on the phone for him. *sighs*

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Maybe Greer needs to marry rich She could always kick the fortune sim out again later.

Not a bad idea, unfortunately, the only rich sim in Elgin is a heterosexual female.

Forum Resident
#2882 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:38 PM
Theo Wong had one more day left as a toddler. His sister Ruby just became a toddler.

This is the family I had previously mentioned hadn't had a new descendant in 150 births, and then had a baby boom. Those baby are mostly toddlers right now. I had an idea to have a "Mommy and Me" party with the 6 mothers and teleport all the Wong line toddlers over: Theo, Kaia, Amelia, Ruby, Ezra, Jude, Wren, Cora, Beatrice, and Caroline.

That's 10 toddlers, for those keeping track at home. And since all but one have black hair- confusingly identical. I used maxmotives for the first time ever, then set up potties and activity tables. There was lots of huggling. The kids all met each other and the moms all stood around chatting. Worked out well and looked super cute. And when the party was over, they all toddled home. I only wish I'd remembered to get screenshots instead of in-game pics.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2883 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:59 AM
I am redoing the public phones in the empty version of Aileen Landing. I have already begun making sims for it. I will probably make another folder for the populated version to keep them separate.

This has glass walls, and glass roof, and 2 phones back to back with glass flooring that glows green from the sky I made a special chrome recolor for the world. It uses Lunie's default phone.

Test Subject
#2884 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 10:24 AM
Default My Sims 2 Pleasantview Family! (a new beginning!)
Hello Simmers ,

Before I wasn't starting playing the maxis families for years!
Why? -Because I did not want to change them, change the start. My Sims Families that I play are always married and they have kids. Everyone is going to the private school... They are gonna make 1,0 graduation average; Everytime!
I wanted something new and so I planned to start playing the maxis families, wtihout creating slef-made Families; everything is staying in Pleasantview how it is-> marrying NPC's and so on (it bothers me that the NPC's haven't ancestors, because I LOVE family trees and genes, it's dammm intresting).

If I knew how to upload photos here in modthesims, I would post it to let you know how the children are looking!

I have also a question, can my simmers inherit of their great-grandmother and great-granfather?
Because Cassandra got just one daughter in my game (I let her just get one) and I do want that her grandchildren inherit the apperance of Bella Goth.

Thankyou in advance!
Mad Poster
#2885 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:55 AM
I've discovered a family I hate as much as the Ramiswamis and the Bells. The Wans. Boring.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2886 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:22 PM
Yes they can inherit back. I don't know if the facial structure will be retained that many generations (unless it was the dominant one to begin with) but hair and eyes color can for sure go back.
Scholar
#2887 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:16 PM
After trying a dating site and using a beauty wish spell, Tara Kat still hadn't found Mr Right. The wish prompted her best friend Amin Sims to try his luck in the love department, but when it wore off they realized that "just friends" was the right way to go. The chemistry just wasn't there, no matter what they did. She had managed to meet Tank Grunt and Ajay Loner, but Ajay was already taken and Tank hated her cats, so those were dealbreakers in themselves!
As a final resort, Tara went more low-tech and hunted through the newspaper, her eyes falling on a "lonely hearts" column:
23yo blond male searching for Ms Perfect.
Wanting friendship, romance and possibly more, must love animals
Phone [number] to meet up

Well, this was different - all of the guys thus far had been dark. Maybe Blond Male would be The One?
Picking up the phone, Tara dialed the number, hoping not to sound too desperate, and was put in touch with Benjamin Long. They became friends very quickly, and upon their first meeting turned out to have chemistry in spades; a crush came soon after.
While they're not yet engaged, married or anything else yet, they have already enjoyed a "bit of fun" in bed, and things are looking promising for this pair!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#2888 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:40 PM
My Challenge did go up! I'm excited.

(I think the Nanny and the Butler actually have a competition going on to see who can potty train more toddlers in the household: she's ahead because she got the memory, but they're both always sticking them on the potties.)
Screenshots

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#2889 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:57 PM
I just had the most annoying thing happen. I was playing the Aspir Family - currently Elizabeth, Victor, their son Andrew, and Victor’s alien son Sirius - and it seems as if Pauline came over during the night to play with the train set. Then I see that the train set has caught on fire.

In true Sim fashion, all of them go to scream at the fire (except for Elizabeth, I was able to get her to call the fire department eventually), and Sirius catches on fire and dies. For some reason no one can plead for his life (it wouldn’t even let me click on the Grim Reaper), so I use the genie lamp that’s still in the house to resurrect him.

Now he’s a zombie :/

Mari | 26 | She/Her | Australian
Scholar
#2890 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 10:40 AM
i think there's a modded potion that turns zombies back into original sims.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#2891 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 12:35 PM
Smonaff made the de-zombification potion.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=209590
Instructor
#2892 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 8:10 PM
Elgin - Round 6

Nevin:
Mayor Brid Nevin held the weekly town meeting to introduce her newly turned adult son Boyd; Whom will be replacing her when she retires. Most of the town already knows Boyd from relations or school, so introductions didn't take long. The meeting was going seemingly well, until Boyd's oldest sister, Sineag decided to give a romantic hug to her boyfriend, Tulio Guerra. Sineag didn't that Tulio had another girlfriend, who was nearby. Of course, a slap session between Tulio and girlfriend #2 stared.

A few hours later dessert was served, and the drama continued. Tulio, who already anger one of his girlfriends, decided to anger the other, by flirting and falling in love with the newspaper girl. Sineag went into a deeper depression, as she watched her first and only love intertwined with a girl with badly bright textured clothes. The only reason why newspaper girl was even at the meeting was because I wanted to hook her up with Boyd. I totally forgot that she had a fling with Tulio in round 1.

Boyd had his sights on higher heights, anyway. He followed the richest sim in Elgin, Fiona Ferguson into the office, and gave her his first kiss. I don't think that Brid's little fortune heart wouldn't take it, if the first thing her son did as mayor, was married a millionaire.

The rest of the meeting went without any further issues. As everyone was leaving, Brid reminded them that taxes were due before the end of the week.

Lusk (2):
The second generation of Elgin continues to grow as the 30th resident of the town was born. Gonzalo Lusk, was born in a bathroom at 3am. His mother Gormlaith is happy to be given birth to him, as he was causing her to be very tired. Sleeping is fun to do, until you have done it for 3 days straight.

Gormlaith had some more business to handle involving Gonzalo. She needed to break up with his father, Tulio. Gormlaith and Tulio have been with each other for a few rounds, but made their relationship official last round. Gormlaith decided to call it quits, after Tulio embarrassed her at the latest town meeting. Gormlaith knew he had other women, but did he have to show them off in front of the whole town? Gormlaith felt her self-confidence increased as she told Tulio that it was over between them. Gonzalo wasn't too pleased about the breakup, but he'll understand once he's older.

Field Researcher
#2893 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:52 AM
The Olhauser family is growing! Natasha had another baby -- they thought about naming him Nat after Melvin's brother Nathan, but that might have gotten too confusing, so they went with Nolan instead. Toddler twins Owen and Olivia had their birthday and will be starting school tomorrow. So of course as soon as they were both in bed, it was the perfect moment for Natasha to drop the trash all over the kitchen floor and wander off to hop in bed with Melvin ... and get pregnant again!

(ACR is a trip and I don't know why I didn't install it sooner.)
Mad Poster
#2894 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:53 PM
There's a downtowner in my game that is quite interesting, I've been trying to find information about him on the wiki for a while but he doesn't appear on the downtownie page. In my game he's called Blazej Langerak (although I renamed him Blazej Langerak, which I'll explain later), he has black hair, is fat, wears a black outfit, along with goth make up and the same face paint as Tybalt Capp.

Anyway, Laurence Tricou-Capp ended up meeting him while shopping downtown and I decided it was about time to add him to my game. Ignoring the already messed up gender ratio of my game. He seemed kinda like he could've been a long lost relative of the Tricou's so I considered giving him that last name, but Laurence is the daughter of one of the Tricou teens so it seemed a little weird for him to have that last name, so then I thought about how he had the same facial markings as Tybalt Capp and decided he was a long lost relative. I changed his last name to Caesar just like a branch of Capp ancestors, so that him and Laurence were far enough related that it didn't matter, and sent him off to uni.

I gave him a makeover, but he doesn't yet feel like my Sim. Also I'm interested in his origins. I can't seem to find any information about him in anyone elses game... But I only play premades and their descendants in my megahood so I didn't make him!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2895 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:22 PM
Andrea Stratton got married to Travis Gibson, with her daughter Roberta attending. What I didn't see until almost too late was that the zombie from downtown had come onto the lot and attacked Jacob London, making it imperative that I halt the storyline about the wedding to do some emergency dezombification (thankfully his father bought some potion to cure it promptly) and prevent a mass scale turnover of normal pixels into zombies.

You know you can't let the zombie hordes take over a town-if you want a normal one, that is..

That was a close call. But the memory of his brief fling of being a zombie transmitted into Matt Goth's memory and now Matt wants to become a zombie. He's not even out of college, for heaven's sake!
Then I had the servo hunt down the original zombie and cure him too.
I did remove the hacked 'zombie making machine' that created this problem from my DL's folder, too. It shouldn't happen again..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#2896 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:41 PM
Elgin - Round 6

“Hello Residents,

I am sorry to report the death of Banker, Ms. Fiona Ferguson. Ferguson, mid-40's, died from food poisoning. Ferguson, from SimCity, was sent to Elgin in Round 4, to help inflate its economy. Ferguson was very knowledgeable and loved working at the bank. Ferguson leaves behind five daughters, Hiolater, Fenella, Finella, French, and Fionnghuala. No funeral services will be held. Memorial donations in memory of Fiona can be sent to The Bella Goth Missing Sims Foundation in SimCity.

Fiona's death could've been prevented, if we had any kind of medical facilities. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone that has medical experience; Nor can we afford to pay for a doctor to come from out of town. So, we just have to let Mother Nature take her course, and hope for the best.

I ask residents to please look after the Ferguson girls, as they lost their mother, before they were able to walk or talk. For those who have loans or banking accounts, don’t worry. There will be someone to take Fiona’s place in running banking facilities in the next coming rounds.

Best wishes,

Mayor Brid“

Inventor
#2897 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:11 AM
Out of grief for losing a hood due to a power surge occurring while saving a household, I have decided to clean out my Downloads folders and search for the offending Body Shop item that keeps conflicting with my Downtownie slob outfit default. First she wears a bikini, then she goes for a parka. I find it amusing but I should find the culprit just in case it's affected anything else.

I also keep switching between default outfits for babies. I can't seem to decide which one I like better, and I ended up making 42 different outfits...

I have a back-up I could put in yet for some reason, this is less stressful than the thought of replaying 4 households that had major events that wouldn't play out the exact same way again. Ah, the power of perspective.
Mad Poster
#2898 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:20 AM
I pulled open my uberhood to finish building and test the contest lot--and needed some sims to go to Takemizu. The Pleasants would be the usual choice, it's been a while since I played here, like months while, but looks like I haven't played them yet. Okay, uh, um, wait, Lil, you want to be friends with Angie on first load? Wait, Angie, you want to be friends with Lil? What the heck happened? I don't remember . . . flip through the photos . . . Ginny Beech hanging out with both at a political thing at the Beech house. Well, bless that child's little peacemaking heart! Okay, tell your sister a joke, good, now go throw water balloons at each other. You can miss the bus and walk today for that want, girls!

So that's a thing, the Pleasant twins are now BFF and really happy about it. Other than that, yeah, Kaylynn's expecting, Mary-Sue tried on a late in life pregnancy for size--of course it won't progress while they're on vacation so she just thinks she caught the flu or something to be so exhausted. Lil still doesn't get on with either parent, but Angie's not doing so hot on that front, either: she objects strongly to them slapping her twin. So there they are, at Takemizu, connecting with Mary-Sue's birth culture.

Also, if either Hamilton or Mary-Sue ever wants to have a revenge affair, they have more bolts with each other than they have their own spouses. I think Daytona and Hamilton are the spine of one party, Mary-Sue and Ramir Patel are the spine of another party--Danny'd like to get it on with Sandy or Ana, but not interested in Daytona . . . could get some shenanigans in sim politics going on here!

I need to figure out what the parties are, really . . . hmm . . . Idealistic Traditionalists and Traditional Idealists? Maybe . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#2899 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:57 AM
So with a second baby on the way Michael and Chris (nee Roomies) Bachelor's house got to small, and they are still fairly young, so they didn't have any savings. Thankfully Michael is the son of two wealthy sorcerers. Using the money order Simis and Jocasta (who are both elders by now Don't wanna see those two go, but Michael Landgraab doesn't have any cronies left that they could feed to their cowplant..) loaned the young couple enough to purchase and furnish a pretty impressive house (under the condition that Michael shapes up and takes his magic studies more serious). It's one of the Belladonna Cove houses (400 Adurey Avanue downloaded from the Lot Database) which I then renovated into a Moroccan style and renamed "Le Palais d'Azur". I already have a lot of ideas how the growing family and future generations can add to this very beautiful house.

I've also decided how the ability to cast spells will be passed on to Michael's and Bella's children; Michael's sons will be warlocks and Bella's daughters (Cassandra) will be witches. Form then on it will dilute more, the sons of Michael's sons will have a 50% chance of being warlocks and Cassandra's daughters will have a 50% chance of being witches and so forth and so forth. It will be interesting to see how long the magical bloodline survives.
Instructor
#2900 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:37 PM
Today I've retrieved all the missing tombstones of my game. I don't have a lots of mod in my vanilla version, so I'm aware some thing get messy every now and then... But after moving about 20 urns to the Gothier Green Lawns I didn't understand why there were only 3 in there. I've found two of them in the House of Fallen Trees (although nobody has ever lived in there and you can't normaly send graves to residential lots) but then I realized that with the BoolProp cheat and the Batbox it was easy to recover them. At the end, the only one still missing was Michael Bachelor's, but I found out it's character data was corrupted (again).
So, after replacing it, I've got all of them back to the graveyard.

I've also update my sheet with the Sim info, although I still have to rearrange some things.

About the "normal" gameplay, I'm almost have 5 of YA graduating from LFT: Mona Caliente and the twins Carmela and Rosa De Rossi; even the other couplet, Michael and James Burb are close to graduate. After them, I'll have just 3 more teens to age up (Jackson Langerak, Spencer Caliente and Adrienne Lothario) and then a few elders that will, finally, pass away.

Meanwhile I was thinking to create a new neighborhood that might include Strangetown and Veronaville Storylines, but let's see.
Page 116 of 349